Home Depot Booster Fan ?

• Thread starter space101
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

space101

So I have a 360 cfm 8" fan doing all the ventilation work in my grow space, and got a can66 to handle odor. Problem is when i attach the ducting from my 8" to the can66 the temps rise to low 90's.

I don't really want to have to buy another $150 -200 inline 6" fan, so my question is can one of the cheap HD booster fans work well enough to simply push the air through the can66 and clean the air?

Thanks

P.S. my space isn't big at all
14_days.JPG

TrichromeFan

TrichromeFan

Space,
The first question is, what are the temps of the room that your grow is located in, or drawing air from?

That is huge right there. Fans only move air, not cool incoming temps.

Second, how much duct length do you have before and after the fan?

Some fans don't do well with back pressure. I would assume that you are using a centrifigul fan. The Home Depot booster fans are an axial type if memory permits. A centrifigul is far superior to these, especially with the back pressure that longer and/or downsized tubing. Your can66 should flow enough for your fan, as it is rated at 412cfm.

I use an 8" 400cfm centrifigul fan hooked up to a 6" phresh filter rated at 550 cfm cooling a 600hps, and my temps are 60-70's. I think that the key is that currently my supply air is that cold or colder.(in a garage). Summertime = A/C time. :tongueout

PUN1424EFS

PUN1424EFS

active air by hydrofarm industrial 8" in-line booster fan(54w) cfm. 471 $50 at hydro store comes pre-wired

chrometrichs

chrometrichs

You don't want to be pushing air thru your filter you want to suck it in. You will regret not spending the extra 100 on a good centrifugal fan, home depot fans are notoriously loud and weak. This isn't a corner I would cut, high temps+poor air movement= bad things

S

space101

Space,
The first question is, what are the temps of the room that your grow is located in, or drawing air from?

75-78 lights on and sealed room

Second, how much duct length do you have before and after the fan?

10 ft before the fan and 15ft after the fan.

You will regret not spending the extra 100 on a good centrifugal fan, home depot fans are notoriously loud and weak. This isn't a corner I would cut, high temps+poor air movement= bad things

I was thinking the same thing about getting a better fan, but currently with my a/c temps stay around 75-78 lights on, so the HD fan would be simply to suck air thru the HDfan and into the can66. hopefully being able to clean the air

wonka

wonka

You don't want to be pushing air thru your filter you want to suck it in.

u can suck or pull through a can filter.. on there website recomended for either way... if u push through u need to put the pre filter on the inside or something to filter unwanted particles at the begining of the exhuast before the light... if not u will lose some life from the filter.... w.wonka

sky high

sky high

I would advise against such a purchase. Those HD fans are made to boost heat in ducting....when the BIG furnace fan is on...not as a stand alone ventilation...especially in a growroom. I can guarantee it WON'T move air through a Can filter and you'll be doubly screwed with odor AND heat.

We aren't growin petunias....spend the $$$ on a inline/centrifugual fan 'cus in te end you'll be $35 in the hole after buying the HD fan and then having to go buy a REAL fan.

good luck

s h

TrichromeFan

TrichromeFan

Space,
Is the fan you are using now a centrifugal fan? How much $$ did it run? Maybe it can't hack the back pressure that you have with 25' of ducting. I have bought a lot of different fans in my days, but by far the expensive ass centrifugal ones are the ones that get it done right. They last a long time too.

S

space101

TrichromeFan,

I have the Fantech FR200 got it off ebay for like $130 a couple of years ago.

VelvetElvis,

I'll take a look at plantlightinghydroponics.com, thx

TrichromeFan

TrichromeFan

Your fan looks legit. Let me know what you think about the cooler if you get a chance

Latest posts

Top Bottom