Home Depot fixtures

• Thread starter Bluerhyno
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

Bluerhyno

Hi, I'm was wondering I the home depot fixtures would work for vegging some plants. They have a 6 bulb 4' flouro fixture that uses t5 bulbs. Will this work and what type of flouros do I need? I will be using this for veg then 1k hps for flower.

Thank you

Mr.GoodCat

Mr.GoodCat

Yes they are carrying T5 fixtures now. I looked at one the other day and it wasn't a HO T5 like you would find at a grow store. The one I looked at used 24watt bulbs and a grow shop T5 fixture uses 54watt bulbs. These can be used but IMHO I don't think you will have enough juice for a successful veg. Perhaps propegation, but not veg. And if you are gonna use a 1000w for flower I would recommend vegging under the 1000 for a week before the flip at about 3 feet from canopy to acclimate the plants under the HID.

M

Magoo

While I agree with Mr.GoodCat, you would be 'better' vegging with 54watt t5 bulbs if you want faster growth rate and overall better performance out of your plants.

You can use as little or as much light to veg, understand that it will limit the plants' potential regarding growth rate, relative to a given amount of time.

How much are these fixtures? The T5 ballasts are really getting affordable from where they were in recent years. I'd like to see the HO at the box stores, they're just damn good lights.

B

Bluerhyno

The fixture was 79.99 that hold 6. Van I buy the flouro bulbs at hydro store and fixture at home depot? Low on funds so I'm on a budget.

Thank you

B

Bluerhyno

I would fully run the hps but heard it's not good for veg.

M

Magoo

The fixture was 79.99 that hold 6. Van I buy the flouro bulbs at hydro store and fixture at home depot? Low on funds so I'm on a budget.

Thank you

You need to buy bulbs for the ballast that you decide on. If you budget is limited, try the T8 fixtures, and bulbs at walmart. 2700K for flower, 6500K for veg. four T8s will support a small veg grow

But if you don't wanna mess around go with T5s from the growshop all around. Great lights. MH in veg ftw, but if power consumption is an issue T5.

tortuga1503

tortuga1503

never mind just seen them for 14.95 I might have to go to the depot today. I really like the t5 for veg. I also use a few 23 watt cfl`s they work great just a pain with the cords and a place to clamp can be a problem a shower curtain rod works great.When I was really tight on $ I bought a box of 23 watt cfl`s and 8 fixtures for less than a hundred bucks and used those for a while to veg under. I still use a few they work great especially when tight on ends.I now use a combo but you can see they work fine

23 watt cfl
B

Bluerhyno

Torture, which t5 would you recommend? From home depot.

Thanks

tortuga1503

tortuga1503

magoo and goodcat seem to know more about the bulbs sorry bro. I just got mine from the grow shop. I paid 140 out the door. I was pointing out that you could get away with the 23 watters for a start,But imo the t5 I picked up was 140 well spent. Can`t say that about half the shit I have bought.

B

Bobby Smith

Hi, I'm was wondering I the home depot fixtures would work for vegging some plants. They have a 6 bulb 4' flouro fixture that uses t5 bulbs. Will this work and what type of flouros do I need? I will be using this for veg then 1k hps for flower.

Thank you

Do you have a link? I'm searching around online and can't find it.

Also, for those who know - would this ballast be able to run the HO bulbs, or is a "T5" ballast different from a "T5 HO" ballast?

Thanks.

B

Bluerhyno

Ya I don't see it either. I was in there last night. I'm at work and work next to home depot. I'll het Sku during my break.

deacon1503

deacon1503

Thank you

I think this might be the same fixture i got for my Turbo Kloner made by Lithonia Lighting i believe, and the same price. It was a 4", 6-bulb with T8's. In the bulb isle they have 6500k bulbs. its worked great for me and less than half the cost of any "hydoponic" fixture manufacturers.

B

Bluerhyno

Ya that's the same brand. Did it come with the 6500k flouros?

B

Bluerhyno

The Sku at home depot is 187-271.
6 light I-beam high bay
Model: IB 632 MVH

Top Bottom