home made ac box cooling help

• Thread starter woody420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
deacon1503

deacon1503

Deacon16 any hvac company can do this king of plenum?

pretty much. take really good measurements off the ac unit for them for the best fit. the "s-clamps" just get tapped on the lip and then slide the plenum on. make sure the outlet of the plenum is plenty big, for a 2ton atleast a 10", and dont forget a booster fan down the line.

johnnyrex

johnnyrex

Cool thanks for the info 1 question does your exhaust stink cause mine does and I have a 10" 1015cfm max fan inside scrubbing with a 10x39 phat filter it's big and huge it's rated for exhausting 700cfm and max scrubbing 1400cfm. My tent is 10x10 and have a wooden stand holding my 2 ton ac I don't have a plenum so the exhaust is blowing in my room make it hot so I put the room ac to try cooling the room lol kind of counter productive but that's what I'm working with.
Now once I get my plenum I know that it won't get hot but don't know what to do about the smell

johnnyrex

johnnyrex

How did you install it with s clamps I'm familiar with the s clamps that I have with clamp with screw at the end with when turned they tighten are those the one your talking about I would love to see more pic if you have any thanks

deacon1503

deacon1503

Cool thanks for the info 1 question does your exhaust stink cause mine does and I have a 10" 1015cfm max fan inside scrubbing with a 10x39 phat filter it's big and huge it's rated for exhausting 700cfm and max scrubbing 1400cfm. My tent is 10x10 and have a wooden stand holding my 2 ton ac I don't have a plenum so the exhaust is blowing in my room make it hot so I put the room ac to try cooling the room lol kind of counter productive but that's what I'm working with.
Now once I get my plenum I know that it won't get hot but don't know what to do about the smell

i do have an issue with smell only when im at peak flower from the ambient air around the room being pushed through the plenum and out of the house. im not sure there is any way to avoid that unless u can get an inline carbon filter.

How did you install it with s clamps I'm familiar with the s clamps that I have with clamp with screw at the end with when turned they tighten are those the one your talking about I would love to see more pic if you have any thanks

i tapped the s-cleat over the lip of the chassis, and then slide the plenum on.

here is the webpage from home depot for it:

heres a pic:
Scleat

johnnyrex

johnnyrex

Deacon thanks for the info I spoke to a friend of my brother that an hvac guy he is making a plenum but I decided to make it 18" deep just to be safe. I am in the peak of flowering entering week 7 and I have about 20 days left before cut down and it stinks cause the ac exhaust blows freely into my room at least with the plenum I can redirect the stinky exhaust air to another room

johnnyrex

johnnyrex

Question do you guys think this will work? I have my filter standing up right cause that shit weights like 90 lbs instead of scrubbing inside of the tent, open one of the ports the one right next to the filter and exhaust the air creating a negative pressure inside of the tent. Now with the exhaust comming from the ac plenum duct it to the bottom port that open in the tent, the tent has negative pressure sucking in the hot stinky air now I know what your think bring in hot air so the ac won't be able to cool down. But the filter is right next to the bottom Port so I don't think the hot air will circulate inside, the filter will suck it up before it enter the whole tent filtering and come out the tent clean. And ducting the clean air out to another room.Does that make sense? Thanks guys

deacon1503

deacon1503

Deacon thanks for the info I spoke to a friend of my brother that an hvac guy he is making a plenum but I decided to make it 18" deep just to be safe. I am in the peak of flowering entering week 7 and I have about 20 days left before cut down and it stinks cause the ac exhaust blows freely into my room at least with the plenum I can redirect the stinky exhaust air to another room

Keep in mind that a window ac basically is a sealed unit unless u have the vent open. Good luck with ur install.

johnnyrex

johnnyrex

Even though the vent tab is closed it stills smells thanks for the support

treebark1950

treebark1950

When i had an lg in a box like this and with the vent tab closed mine stank as well and would pull co2 from the room.

johnnyrex

johnnyrex

That why I'm trying it like deacon has it the plenum is exactly on the heat exchanger and not round the edge of the case of the ac so it doesn't have a change to blow hot air to the tabs my Hvac guy called me and said my plenum is ready so I'm going to pick it up tomorrow
Like I said I'm going to try to duct the exhuast from the ac to the bottom port of my tent and have my carbon filter suck it up and filter it and blow it clean let see if this will work I will keep you posted

dumpstergrower

dumpstergrower

this has to one helpful thread i was wondering since im n a 4x8 with 3 600 insted of cutting a hole can i just duct off the front to one of the holes to cool the tent down and duct the back just as you guys are to tale the heat from the ac or what would be my best intrest any advise would be appericated

evu80

evu80

I'm trying to set up a similar box for two 2 ton AC units. I swear I must be doing something wrong cause its hot as fuk, enough to be worried about a fire.

So what I did was mount two units right over the entry way of my bloom room. I did this by cutting out a large rectangular hole and slid in both units with the back facing the veg room. Since I have 10 feet high ceilings, I deciding to enclose the units with some plywood with a 12 inch exhaust fan. Directly on top of this room is the attic so I cut out a smaller rectangular hole just for the ambient air. So far it doesnt seem to be working much. I'll post some pictures just to give you some ideas as to what I'm doing.

Latest posts

Top Bottom