home owners INS

• Thread starter vaporedout
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
vaporedout

vaporedout

so my parents own the house my wife and i live in. they are fully aware of our garden of weeden we have outback. so they called me and have to schedule a home owners insurance inspection. my wife and i are both 100% legal and we dont have to many plants outback. what are my options? they want to do an indoor/outdoor inspection. we dont grow indoors anymore so im just curious? any legal begals out there?? do i need to try and hide em or just put up some more 215 signs outback??

vaporedout

vaporedout

haha a big ol bagel...... interesting , lets get another bump and see if anything turns up.

vaporedout

vaporedout

ok made some calls.... i wont name names but out of the 3 ins companies i called heres the responses.

1st one made me wait forever while she checked with her bosses. they said to be fully upfront with our backyard. and as long as they can tell that its not being used as a buisness then its OK.

2nd one said "its ok" right away

3rd one (my parents INS) said "we go along with state laws, so as long as your abiding by your state law, its FINE"

so keepin fingers crossed and holding my breathe, should be ok.......... maybe ill put a few in the shed so it doesnt look too bad

El Cerebro

El Cerebro

I'd try to persuade the inspector to sign a simple hold-harmless and confidentiality agreement when they get there, otherwise you can't let them in the yard, etc. Pesky state laws ya know, just gotta keep all parties safe and legal, blah blah. Then if your privacy or security gets violated you can sue their ass and win.

jyip

jyip

i wouldnt sweat it, ya said ur legal right? i wouldnt be concerned if i wasnt legal even,,,,eff them, they get their money either way,,, freakin ins co's

ghost79

ghost79

It's better to be safe than sorry dude. If I were you, I'd put them temporarily in the shed, etc. Put them on the roof if you're able to without them seeing it perhaps. I grew on my roof 2 times and successfully harvested them. Once when I was on misdemeanor probation and my probation officer came in the house to speak to me she didn't she shit! Anyway, if you can't hide them for the day there coming, put up several more 215 signs and I agree w/El Cerebro to persuade the inspetor to sign a simple hold-harmless and confidential agreement as well. Just make sure you're not growing more than the state limit. This is very important. Good luck!

D

Digger

Hi vaporedout, how's it going? How did the inspection go and did your parents tell you why they had to have another inspection on a house they already owned? Were any renovations done or were they trying to increase their coverage? Just wondering because we are trying to purchase a home and after it's all said and done, I don't want anyone coming back for any "surprise" visits.

Top Bottom