Home Proxy Server Setup

• Thread starter thcnology
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
P

ProGroWannabe

The way that I understand it, cops have to have a search warrant to monitor an individuals web traffic in most jurisdictions. With that said, we all know they're dirty, so we never know if the cops are watching internet traffic patterns or not.

As far as the ISP goes, I believe most of them have all their server maintenence chores farmed out to IT corporations. It would be these corporations that would notice a persons traffic. I think that the "threat" of weed, and the fact that these corps maintain thousands of servers/networks makes our danger level fairly low. We probably don't need to worry at all, but laziness in security is the reason the prisons are full of stoners. So as far as I'm concerned, I'm gonna do what I can to keep my name off of anyones (theoretical) list.

K

kill-9

PGW is right, but the ISP situation can differ, most have in-house techies, but they clearly don't know what the fuck they're doing. They're the type of gentlemen that went into the computer profession for the financial security, and just studied to pass the required tests. They are basically point and click administrators, but doesnt mean there aren't programs for them to track users, but like PGW said, the cop would have to contact them and place a capturing filter on their line, so to speak.

Latest posts

Top Bottom