Homemade Cannabis Chocolate Bar Recipe

• Thread starter Mass Meds
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Mass Meds

Mass Meds

This is a quick and easy recipe for making delicious cannabis chocolate bars. The recipe includes only 5 ingredients, and also is completed in just 5 simple steps. And really takes between 1-2 hours start to finish.

What Ingredients you will need:
  • 1/4 cup cannabis coconut oil (~50 grams)
  • 1/4 cup cacao powder
  • 1 and 1/2 tablespoons maple syrup
  • 1 and 1/2 tablespoons honey
  • 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
optional ingredients:

• nuts
  • fruits & berries (dried or fresh)
  • peanut butter
  • pieces of chocolate
What Supplies you will need:

• measuring cups and spoons (cup, 1/4 cup, 1/2 teaspoon, 1/2 tablespoon)
  • fork or spoon
  • spatula
  • digital scale
  • pyrex bowl
  • frying pan or flat bottomed pan
  • oven mitten
  • 24 oz (710mL) tupperware
optional items:

• parchment paper
  • whisk
Total time: ~ 45 - 120 minutes

• depends on how long the chocolate bar is allowed to cool during step 5
So, lets start making some homemade cannabis chocolate bars

Step 1: Measuring

Start by measuring and adding each of the ingredients (cacao powder, cannabis coconut oil, maple syrup, honey, vanilla extract) into the pyrex bowl.

We recommend using a scale for measuring out the cannabis coconut oil. It is a great tool for determining approximate strength of your edibles.

See determining strength & potency below for more information.

Step 2: Heating & Mixing

Chocolate%2BEdible%2Bgif-4.jpg

Once all of the ingredients are in the pyrex bowl. Heat a frying pan on medium heat and add water into the pan. Place the pyrex bowl into the frying pan. You want a decent amount of water to be in the frying pan at all times. However not enough so that it will overflow once the water comes to a full boil. Depending on the heat setting, you may need to reapply water to the pan during this step.

Remember to only use glassware that is heat tempered such as pyrex glass. If you are not sure, use a smaller sauce pan instead of the glass bowl. As long as water can boil between them it will work fine.

Using a spoon or fork or whisk, begin to mix the ingredients. The cannabis coconut oil and other liquids will begin to turn the cacao powder into a gel. Continue to stir vigorously throughout this process.

Should the mixture be overly soupy or oily, add more cacao powder in small amounts.
Should the mixture be too crumbly and dry add more regular coconut oil (non-cannabis).

Most importantly, be aware of the temperature, as you do not want to burn the chocolate. You are simply trying to melt all of the ingredients evenly.

Step 3: Pouring the Cannabis Chocolate

Once all of the ingredients have dissolved, you are ready to pour the cannabis chocolate into your tupperware container. Turn off the stove and using the oven mittens and a spatula, carefully pour into the tupperware. The spatula will help you retrieve all that was in the pyrex bowl and also level out the bar.

Be careful here as the bowl will still be quite hot to the touch.

Avoid spilling the chocolate on the upper part of the tupperware as it will not be part of the finished molding at the bottom.

Step 4: Freezing the Cannabis Chocolate Bar

Depending on how cold your fridge / freezer is, this step can take around 30-60 minutes. If you are not in a rush to make use of your homemade cannabis chocolate edible it can stay in the freezer for months.

Step 5: Scoring the Cannabis Chocolate Bar for Proper Dosing

Chocolate%2BEdible%2Bgif-2.jpg

This is actually one of the most crucial steps in this process, aside from standard safety while cooking. Once the bar has had time to harden you need to score the bar into even parts.

This is really important so that you and everyone who enjoys this bar knows approximately how much they are ingesting. For reference I tend to break it down into 20 or 25 equal pieces.

It is always possible to eat more should you realize the dosing is too weak for your needs. Please be careful and do not overdose yourself or others.

Determining Strength and Potency of your Cannabis Chocolate Edible

Say you use 1 oz of cannabis flower to make a pound of coconut butter. That means you should be 1oz of cannabis distributed throughout that 1 lb of canna coco oil.

This recipe uses 50g of canna coco oil. Which is approximately 1/10th of that 1 lb of oil. So you can assume the entire cannabis chocolate bar will then contain approximately 1/10th of an ounce of cannabis or roughly 2.8 grams

And by breaking the bar into equal parts, let's say 4 parts, you then can predict the approximate strength from what it started at. In this example each piece of the bar would contain around 0.7 grams of active cannabis oil.

Everyone responds to edibles differently. So until you know your own tolerance, start with smaller doses.

Additional Notes

• Long-term Storage: the 24oz tupperware is a cost effective method for creating the chocolate molds, and using the recipe above you can also fit 4 bars into a single tupperware. In the freezer these bars can last for at least 6 months.
  • When using Fruit & Berries: keep in mind that fruit and berries can reduce the shelf-life of your chocolate edibles. They should be always refrigerated, and consumed in no more than 1-2 weeks. Freeze your cannabis chocolate bar for longer storage.

Thanks for reading, and if you try out the recipe please leave a comment.

Happy Growing!!!
MM's

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
I can’t see any of your text. I’m using the dark theme and anytime someone changes the font color to black it doesn’t show on my devices.

I’m sure there’s a css trick that can be applied on the dark themes @logic.

Anyhow it looks delicious. Thanks for sharing!

Mass Meds

Mass Meds

I'm not sure what I need to do to make this post visible in dark mode. I just tried that setting and experienced the same loss of text... At least there's a video. :D

G

greengodcan

Ingredients for Cannabis Chocolate Bar
a) 1/4th cup Cannabis Butter
b) 4 cups Chocolate

Method to Prepare:
1. First of all, you have to melt the chocolate in a clean, dry bowl set over a pan of barely simmering water. You can also temper your chocolate because it gives a smooth texture to the final product (like chocolate candies or bar). Add cannabis butter in the melted chocolate.
2. When your chocolate is melted, (and tempered, if tempering the chocolate), remove the chocolate bowl from the pan and wipe the moisture off the bottom of the bowl.
3. Pour a layer of chocolate into your molds in equal quantity. Tap them on the counter for a few times to distribute the chocolate evenly and release any air bubbles, then working speedily, top with any kinds of nuts, dried fruits, or other ingredients that you wish and settle them in slightly.
4. Alternatively, you can also add and mix ingredients into the chocolate in the bowl itself, such as toasted nuts, seeds, crisped rice cereal, snipped marshmallows, or other ingredients, followed by pouring the mixture into the molds.
5. Immediately put the bars in the refrigerator until they are firmly settled. If you have used tempered chocolate, it shouldn’t take more than five minutes for them to firm up. Otherwise, the chocolate will take a longer time to settle down.
6. Now you can finally serve the Cannabis Chocolate Bar

Tincandtoke

Tincandtoke

I posted a nice updated article here 🍫

Chocolates were the first infused edible I ever made

Focused on beverages right now
Delivering an infused syrup and oil concoction that gives the speedy onset of a sugar carrier and longevity of an oil carrier
Hard to dial in the dosage and only for experienced cannabis users
Personally have low tolerance so I'm not a good test subject

Latest posts

Top Bottom