Homemade DM Zone and SM90

• Thread starter smokestack23
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

smokestack23

Hey Homos..oops..I mean Homies...it's been a while. I've dropped-in here and there but have been pretty quiet lately. You don't need to thank me lol.
I hope you've all enjoyed the break.

So, in the months that I havent really been here I'm wondering how much what has changed. I'll be doing a TON of catching-up.
For now though I have a question.
SM-90 is coriander oil mainly and Dutch Master Zone is Chloramine AFAIK.

Does anyone have a source/recipe to make your own SM-90 and DM Zone? Stores in my area sell both of those products for OVER $30/LITRE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :O
I love both products and go through quite a bit of it so some alternatives would be greatly appreciated.

As for me...not much has changed. My Wife had a mmj permit and now I have one too. I'm still running the same RDWC systems...systems are one large res with a cheap 160gph sub pump feeding a half inch line running alongside of 3 ~9gallon totes in the flower room. Each tote or plant gets a constant topfeed from 3 of 1/8" drip hoses coming off the 1/2" mainline. Each tote/plant has the 3 tubes "pouring" onto the hydroton (6" netpots only..I found 10" to be a waste of medium) 24/7. Each tote has an airstone and the 3 airstones are fed by a 55W commercial airpump. The bottom of each tote has a uniseal and 1-1/4" ABS pipe returns the flow back to the res. I stagger these systems a month apart.

I drain and add new nutes weekly and at the end of each cycle I run bleach and physan through the systems for about 24 hours. I then scrub the totes and res and maybe about every third cycle I'll swap the 1/8" feedlines. I use new airstones every cycle. I just buy the 3 dollar 10" petshop specials.
Here's why I'm telling you all all of this and why I love the Zone and SM-90 (and Physan20). I've been running these systems for WELL over a year. Same reses, same totes, same drainlines..I havent even ever run a brush through the drainlines. NO...that's ZERO problems yet.

When I first designed and built these systems I had anticipated having to pretty much rebuild them from the ground-up every 3rd or so cycle. New totes, drainpipes, reses, uniseals..the works...but..they just keep on ticking!
Gonna shut down this winter and get OUTTA here for a few months till Spring. Maybe then I'll rebuild? Of course, by then everything will have dried out and had a long rest so who knows...maybe not.
The ONLY thing I'd do differently would be to run a length of fishingline down each drainline. That way after each cycle when I scrub and clean everything I could pull a baby bottle cleaning brush through the pipes. Of course I'd tie a new length of line to the back of the brush so it would be ready for next time too.

SO...the moral os the story is...or are...
-If you do DWC,, RDWC, UC, NFT...or any hydro system...KEEP ORGANIC (and or living) SHIT OUT OF THE SYSTEM. Organic Hydroponics is an oxymoron.
-Cleanliness is next to Godliness. Keep it CLEAN. The room, the res, the floor, walls, pipes, EVERYTHING.
-ALWAYS have a bottle of Physan20 standing-by. If there's something the Zone and SM-90 don't keep at bay..Physan WILL destroy it.
-Keep that water/nutrient solution cool, moving, and aeriated(sp?)..I don't have a chiller but do "passive" cooling. IE: Keep the drainlines as small as possible so there is less in the hotter room at one time. Keep reses in a cooler room and keep all your totes and reses on the concrete floor if possible. That's IT. That's all I've done and..with Zone...NO PROBLEMS. ZERO.

The only mods I have ever done were...the first system I built was the same but I used 5gal pails each with dual 3/4" drains that Y-ed into one 3/4incher. I went to the totes and large bore drains because I was worried of cloggage and floodage but it never happened.
These systems with the totes and big drains have been running with the original design from day one. NO revisions were necessary.

So yeah...again..and the point of this whole rant...how about some CHEAP one and SM90??
Thanks.

Now it's off to do some catching-up. Maybe there's a new and improved system?? or some HUGE yielding but LOW stinking kush strain??
I feel like it's Christmas. I missed you guys and girls...well..MOST of you ;)

M

mal

Premium Member
Supporter
Glad all is well for you and yours, didn't really find a solution to those products to be made at home. Hope you have a great vacation

mal

Top Bottom