Homemade Grow Cabinet- Diary

• Thread starter Cabinetgrow
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

Cabinetgrow

Hi everyone. This is where I will be documenting my grow in my homemade 36 inch grow cabinet.
Custom made with a carbon filter/fan/lights/thermometer/Surge Protector/Light Sockets (x3)/...
I made this using basic tools and basic supplies from my local department store. Total cost around $83.00 USD.
Homemade grow cabinet  diary

Sprout -
Homemade grow cabinet  diary 2

I will take more pictures when the plant grows more. Right now I have kept the might schedule at 18/3. Watering it occasionally. Keeping the soil moist. Temperature has stayed around the same at about 74-76 degrees Fahrenheit. And rh % have stayed at 38-42%.

I will keep everyone udpated along with this diary to show the progress of my grow.

Erick31876

Erick31876

Any pictures of the cabinet? Good luck with your grow. Hopefully the plant turns out to be female.

C

Cabinetgrow

I can add m
Any pictures of the cabinet? Good luck with your grow. Hopefully the plant turns out to be female.
I can add more pictures of the cabinet. There is only one posted. And I'm praying for a female too mate.

C

Cabinetgrow

Thats awesome. Where does the carbon filter get hooked up at

It's underneath the fan. U usually hook a fan up to a carbon filter but for a box this small I didnt need one. ** its the mesh looking thing thats inside the cut circle.**

GeneticGiant

GeneticGiant

Hey there. Love ur little project and I wanted to give some tips that might keep you from running into some issues later on.

The first thing I would advise doing is going and getting some silicone and sealing all the edges of your cabinet. I used to breed reptiles and I would make enclosures out of melamine and trust me you want to seal it now before you get too far into your project and the humidity starts to create mold.

Another tip I have for you is for your actual grow. I would advise you do some heavy training with your GSC. They tend to be a slightly spidery plant so they do best when you train them to spread up instead of letting the branches stretch and start to fall.

Good luck with your little seedling proving out! :D

C

Cabinetgrow

Hey there. Love ur little project and I wanted to give some tips that might keep you from running into some issues later on.

The first thing I would advise doing is going and getting some silicone and sealing all the edges of your cabinet. I used to breed reptiles and I would make enclosures out of melamine and trust me you want to seal it now before you get too far into your project and the humidity starts to create mold.

Another tip I have for you is for your actual grow. I would advise you do some heavy training with your GSC. They tend to be a slightly spidery plant so they do best when you train them to spread up instead of letting the branches stretch and start to fall.

Good luck with your little seedling proving out! :D

Thanks I sealed the door the rest is sealed with glue and nails. For The door I actually went out and bought these really cool glue fibered strips. And I glued them onto the one side of the door and then the side of the cabinet to where the door closes. It works great. I'm not too worried about mold right now since I grew in this box before and no problems were triggered by the sealing of the box and mold. However bugs were the problem in the summer time but I think that was more of with the soil. ( gnats ) I went and bought new soil this time around and I have not found a single problem to arise yet.

C

Cabinetgrow

Update-
I have noticed the leaves *folding*
Screenshot 2018 11 13 12 27 052

I have come to the solution that the plant was too close to the lights so i have distanced the plant from the lights since problem occurred. I'm not totally sure if that is causing the leaves to fold in the manor that they are.

A mate of mine has also suggested plugging holes into the bottom of the 2 liter bottler where i am growing to prevent root rot. So I have done that.
Any information on the leaves folding would be great.

20181113 122048
OldSmokie76

OldSmokie76

Don't over water though. Lol. And you'll watch it like a hawk anyway like every other grower. LMAO. Allow the soil to dry a bit between watering. Top inch of container can be a little dry between watering. That container draining well? And what kind of lighting are we talking? Humidity may be a little low for veg.

Ina

Ina

It is really cute box!:)But you have to clean it from time to time,looks messy there and this can cause you bugs and problems.What about the lights?Are they CFLs?What k,watts? I think they wont be enough for the hole grow…...Just for now.Check the LEDs or at least LED bulbs are better than CFL at the same wattage.You need colder k for veg and warmer for flowering,i guess you know......

OldSmokie76

OldSmokie76

I did notice the container seems to be an old soda 2liter. Drainage in container? The drooping could be a result of the soil being too wet. I suggest upping into a 3-5 gal fabric pot. Increased oxygen and drainage. Place a tray under container. Good time to add a sprinkle of mykos when transplanting too.

Latest posts

Top Bottom