Homemade Humidifier

• Thread starter One drop
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
Been waiting on the mail for my new humidifiers in the mean time I made a Diy one works a treat
Homemade humidifier
A fan and tray of water

Easy as pie .

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Been waiting on the mail for my new humidifiers in the mean time I made a Diy one works a treat View attachment 969672A fan and tray of water

Easy as pie .
It didn't work for me during the winter when it was -20c outside and 17% humidity inside. I had humidifiers running 24/7 pans on the floor with fans over them buckets of water and I could only get it up to 25%.By the time I got another humidifier the outside temp went up and my humidity problems were over. I'm now more prepared for next years freeze

Kanzeon

Kanzeon

It didn't work for me during the winter when it was -20c outside and 17% humidity inside. I had humidifiers running 24/7 pans on the floor with fans over them buckets of water and I could only get it up to 25%.By the time I got another humidifier the outside temp went up and my humidity problems were over. I'm now more prepared for next years freeze

Next winter try putting an electric kettle in there and having it boil water intermittently. Or if you really want to go nuts, buy an immersion circulator and have a container run at a constant temp.

@Aqua Man is definitely on the right track with steam, imo

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Next winter try putting an electric kettle in there and having it boil water intermittently. Or if you really want to go nuts, buy an immersion circulator and have a container run at a constant temp.

@Aqua Man is definitely on the right track with steam, imo
I have plans for a swamp cooler, I've picked up the fans, I have the pipe, I need fittings a bucket with lid a pump & the insulation but now that everything is shut down its on hold.

Top Bottom