homemade PK booster

• Thread starter Abdultj
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Abdultj

Abdultj

hey guys , do you have any idea of how to make a natural PK booster, am unable to get my hands on any due to this pandemic, just harvested one of my plant that is supposed to have dense buds but they are light and airy, i need a PK boost for the remaining plants

Abdultj

Abdultj

pk boost wont make buds dense. Genetics and environment does that. How is your growroom temps? What strain are you growing and where did you get it?
pls check my question before answering ,i know about that, i just need to know if i can make a PK boost at home

Mospeada

Mospeada

The ashes makes sense. There's always vigorous growth after a natural fire.

Reactions: Ina
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Monopotassium phosphate. But I would advise against PK boost period. Maybe maybe maybe a tiny bit for the first week or 2 of flower

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

why, whats wrong with pk boost
Think of nutrients like supplements for people. There is only a benefit if you are deficient and excess can do harm. Now in recent studies the amount of phosphorus needed for cannabis is much much lower than previously thought and how many times I have seen a phosphorus toxicity is well let's just say common. You also through nutrient ratios out of balance which is usually the tell tale sign of seeing other deficiencies caused by excess phosphorus. Specific nutrient absorption is affected by other nutrients increasing one may limit the absorption of another.

Imo the only time you may need any supplement is if you have honed in everything else but I won't get into that.

Cannabis can grow with a wide variety of nutrient ratios but does have its limits imo and exp additives in most cases do more harm than good.

Let's not forget high phosphorus makes your weed taste like shit. I'm not going to defend that statement and not looking to debate about it. Its just my opinion and I don't feel I'm remotely alone in it. There is info out there you can look up on your own.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Just to add supplements are not like hormones imo. Hormones will definitely affect growth yield.

Mospeada

Mospeada

These four minerals are all you need to make your own bloom formula, the Magnesium is Epsom salts and the potash is potassium sulphate. When you make your own bloom formula you literally don't need a PK boost as you are manually adjusting the ratios so the plant is getting ALL of its PK + Mg in one formula.

Monoammonium phosphate is better for veg and early flower as it contains Nitrogen in mid flower switch this over to monopotassium phosphate to add extra K.

The only issue is overloading on sulfates too early. However that's kinda hard to do and I haven't seen issues personally yet.

IMG 20200425 153154
Top Bottom