Homemade recipes to control thrips in flowering

• Thread starter MrBlackThumb
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

MrBlackThumb

Anyone have a homemade, sprayable recipe to control thrips population in flowering ?

Before you suggest Spinosad , thanks to Health Canada, pretty much all pesticides are banned here.
All we have available in store is Doktor Doom and Safer's brand.

I could technically purchase a pint of Spinosad online, pay 20$ for the bottle, 50$ for shipping and 40$ for border fees.
The reality is, I'd wait a month for it to arrive, the border would scan it, see a chemical bottle and inspect further.
Then, they'd confiscate it, the place I bought it from would tell me to go fuck myself and I'd lose 70$.

This of course also implies I'd actually buy a pint with 0.5% Spinosad in it for 110$.
So yeah, homemade recipes are pretty much the only option.

M

MrBlackThumb

Amblyseius cucumeris. Available in Canada from Applied Bionomics.

How do I use predators ?

It says I should use 10-100 per plant weekly.
The smallest box contains 10000 units and I would only require 320 to 3200 for 8 weeks.
Is there a way to conserve them or do I just throw the whole box in there on day 1 and pray for the best ?

Coir

Coir

Just buy one slow release bag for each plant. You should be able to find a distributor near you that will sell you smaller quantities.

Camdawg

Camdawg

I believe @FlyinJStable has an organic pest control recipe. Maybe we can flag him down with these neat tag features. ..... @FlyinJStable

M

MrBlackThumb

Just buy one slow release bag for each plant. You should be able to find a distributor near you that will sell you smaller quantities.

Yep, I found a place where I can buy slow release bags at 1,20$ for 350.
Coincidentally, they're also the only predators sold for under 25$.

I guess I learned my lesson, I'm switching to Hempy Buckets.
No more filthy, poor quality commercial soil.

FlyinJStable

FlyinJStable

I believe @FlyinJStable has an organic pest control recipe

Strong pepper-based sprays can work

Im digging on the new updates and yes I have a recipe I have used from the start of my grows as preventative you can use all the way to flush imo I stop using 4 weeks to harvest But the use of Organic Hot peppers as pest control dose work for this farmer I have good luck with it
PM me and I will did up the link or see if I can locate the thread..
Positive Vibes to all
FlyJ

M

MrBlackThumb

Im digging on the new updates and yes I have a recipe I have used from the start of my grows as preventative. PM me and I will did up the link or see if I can locate the thread..

My problem has been solved but feel free to share the info here if you want.
Thanks to you all for the help.

Top Bottom