Homemade Root Hormone

• Thread starter ROweed
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
R

ROweed

Has anyone cloned MJ with a homemade rooting hormone made of Willow tree branches?

I don't have access to a lot of sophisticated products in my area, even something simple like rooting hormone is nowhere to be found. I have a plant I want to clone and did some research. The result ended up being some twigs of a willow branch soaked in Hot water and left overnight for 24 hours. I completed this procedure today and will attempt a clone tomorrow.

Hopefully it works out... Any one used this method?

R

ROweed

Yeah but I'm not in the US so it's super pricey for shipping...

R

ROweed

I haven't tried this with cannabis yet. Maybe in a few more weeks I will have a chance.

Blaze

Blaze

Do you have any place in your area that has a home and garden section, like a Rite-Aid or are there any nurseries in your area? You don't need some fancy rooting product from a hydro store to get good results with cannabis. There are many cheap, widely available rooting products that are used by the horticulture industry that cost a fraction of what many of the the BS products you buy in a hydro store costs, and work just as well. In a pinch, the willow water can work.

Oh, you might also consider building an aero-cloner unit too. No hormones or other products are needed to root cuts in an aero-cloner unit (though they can help) all you need is good old H2O!

Cort

Cort

I recently tried using vermiculite in an ice cube tray made for water bottles. First tray of them came out the other night faster and with better roots than I have gotten in rock wool. Rate was about 95% if you count the one that had roots but not enough so I put it back in.

The method was found here on the farm. No rooting compound needed but I did use some super thrive.

M

mal

Premium Member
Supporter
Roots

I've made many clones without any cloning crap at all. I used to make clones for a buddy and alot of the time I'd just take a cut with a razor and right into moist soil, don't let them dry out too much for a week or so then wet/dry like a regular plant. Should have roots in a couple weeks

I've used the willow water years ago and it seemed to help
Good Luck
mal

R

ROweed

That's all great info! Thanks!

I did manage to find a rooting hormone at a farming shop. I took two clones from a flowering female and am trying it out with her. She is a good smoke and I don't want to lose her if I can. :harvest:

They seems to be doing ok in the humidity box.

G

Gartner

Great task, something new, willow branches, get me with some more details... will be very helpful...
Its the first time that some different type of clone....

mrfxr

mrfxr

Has anyone cloned MJ with a homemade rooting hormone made of Willow tree branches?

I don't have access to a lot of sophisticated products in my area, even something simple like rooting hormone is nowhere to be found. I have a plant I want to clone and did some research. The result ended up being some twigs of a willow branch soaked in Hot water and left overnight for 24 hours. I completed this procedure today and will attempt a clone tomorrow.

Hopefully it works out... Any one used this method?
Yes, I have just re- potted my latest clones. Rooted w/ willlow tea. Cut yellow tips about 6 in length from ends of willow any variety will work. Strip leaves cut into 1/2"to 3/4" pieces, put about 1 in. Deep in quart jar, fill jar to just below threads w/ boiling water, cover loosely to allow pressure to escape, let steep overnite. I usually only make 1 qt. It will keep for maybe couple mo. In fridge. Pour small amount in container to soak cuttings in for a few min. To 1/2 hr. also soak your cubes or pellets with it. I make 45° cuts and split ends about 1/4 in. Deep. Use willow tea to water humidity tray. You will have roots in about 5 days + or -. It has worked for me. You can always get willow twigs summer or winter. I like to keep my meds as natural as I can. Have you ever read the warnings on the label of the rooting compounds? Lemme know if this was helpful?...mrfxr

R

redlife215

Yeah the willow water works, if u have pussy willows growing in u r area u can seep em in water and it'll work. Willows have a natural rooting hormone, u can look up the information on the web, I thought it was a cool thing to know

Gamrstwin36

Gamrstwin36

Yeah the willow water works, if u have pussy willows growing in u r area u can seep em in water and it'll work. Willows have a natural rooting hormone, u can look up the information on the web, I thought it was a cool thing to know

Yes.. i use willow water, it work Wonders..
Respect

aucado54

aucado54

Yes, I have just re- potted my latest clones. Rooted w/ willlow tea. Cut yellow tips about 6 in length from ends of willow any variety will work. Strip leaves cut into 1/2"to 3/4" pieces, put about 1 in. Deep in quart jar, fill jar to just below threads w/ boiling water, cover loosely to allow pressure to escape, let steep overnite. I usually only make 1 qt. It will keep for maybe couple mo. In fridge. Pour small amount in container to soak cuttings in for a few min. To 1/2 hr. also soak your cubes or pellets with it. I make 45° cuts and split ends about 1/4 in. Deep. Use willow tea to water humidity tray. You will have roots in about 5 days + or -. It has worked for me. You can always get willow twigs summer or winter. I like to keep my meds as natural as I can. Have you ever read the warnings on the label of the rooting compounds? Lemme know if this was helpful?...mrfxr
I was hoping to find the recipe for the tea. Have never heard of this method.

E

E.T.

do yourself a favor and use raw aloe to root cuttings. better then anything out there...and sustainable.

Amino Acid

Aloe Vera contains the following Amino Acids: Isoleucine, Leucine, Lysine, Methionine, Phenylalanine, Threonine, Valine, And Tryptophan, Alanine, Arginine, Asparagine, Cysteine, Glutamic Acid, Glycine, Histidine, Proline, Serine, Tyrosine, Glutamine, And Aspartic Acid.

Enzymes

Those include the following: Amylase, Bradykinase, Catalase, Cellulase, Lipase, Oxidase, Alkaline Phosphatase, Proteolytiase, Creatine Phosphokinase and Carboxypeptidase.

Micro & Micro Nutrients

These include Vitamins A, C, E and B2, B3, B5, B6 and B12 in addition to Choline, Calcium, Magnesium, Zinc, Magnanese, Chromium, Selenium, Copper, Iorn, Potassium, Phosphorus and Sodium.

Lingnins & Polysaccharides

They include: Galactose, Xylose, Arabinose, Acetylated Mannose And Acemannan.

And of course there's the Salicylic acid compound and its associated benefits as far as root development. Adding 1/4 cup of Aloe Vera juice/extract/whatever term you want to use to 1 gallon of water and use that to wet your rooting medium - even Grodan Rockwool cubes - will give you root size and development that is nothing short of amazing. Or at least in my experience.

Latest posts

Top Bottom