Homemade rooting hormone passed experiences

• Thread starter Green_acres_816
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Green_acres_816

Green_acres_816

Hello All,

I have a question regarding plant cloning. I have searched on the site for the answer with no luck so. In the passed I have made my own rooting hormone using willow tree spring new growth limb tips placed in water for a couple of days. In my past experience it has worked very well and I was wondering if anyone has used this method for propagation of marijuana cuttings?

I like doing things as cheaply as possible and when that includes knowing what is in a product especially when its something I intend on consuming.

Thought I would ask everyone's opinion and see if anyone has used this method and if so how it turned out.

JSH1973

JSH1973

Supporter
Canna Rhizotonic in water and ph'd to around 6.
I use it for rooting and as foliar spray 10-15ml to a 2L bottle.

Homesteader

Homesteader

Yeah willow works pretty well cause it is high in IBA hormone. I would take a jar and cut one inch willow branches into it. Let it sit for a few hours and go ahead and use. In the past, I have used this in conjunction with clean sand and it worked well, probably better than just putting them in water but that will work too, although you may need to switch it out every week until you get roots

Last edited:
Green_acres_816

Green_acres_816

Canna Rhizotonic in water and ph'd to around 6.
I use it for rooting and as foliar spray 10-15ml to a 2L bottle.
Interesting stuff never used it. According to what I have read it's made from seaweed. Having issues finding it in a glass container. Not that a BPA would be a issue most likely in this case but might be worth considering.
Thank you for your input it is greatly appreciated.

Green_acres_816

Green_acres_816

Yeah willow works pretty well cause it is high in IBA hormone. I would take a jar and cut one inch willow branches into it. Let it sit for a few hours and go ahead and use. In the past, I have used this in conjunction with clean sand and it worked well, probably better than just putting them in water but that will work too, although you may need to switch it out every week until you get roots
Oh good I didn't imagine it would be too different. Been using this method for vegetables and fruits for many years.
Wasn't entirely sure if they where any pitfalls using it in this method.
Thank you for you're post.

Latest posts

Top Bottom