homemade sulfur burner??

• Thread starter vaporedout
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
bloads

bloads

never heard of spraying the plants with water first

It's listed under safety precautions on the slip of instructions mine came with (was too lazy to do a DIY one).

•Vaporization must be carried out in a wet greenhouse or when there is dew on the leaves.

I'll prob skip that step, since everyone here seems to get along fine w/o it.

iscrog4food

iscrog4food

I made a burner from a couple of coffee cans and a green 100 watt spotlight. This thing looks GHETTO but works like a charm. If you make your diy burner with adjustable heights to increase/decrease the distance to the heating element you should be fine. I just wear a respirator to check it out once an hour or so and if you see black smoke it is too close. It should be a very wispy white vapor coming from the top. As someone previously mentioned it isnt exactly rocket science. Also, for those of you who killed your rooms did you remember to evacuate the sulpher vapor from the room before you turned on the lights? If you didnt then that is what killed your rooms as sulpher is phytotoxic.

B

Budsbuddy

i have battled PM for several years since i got it from some cuts of white

I sprayed everything i could think of but could never get a handle on it.

I just bought a WSE75 and i love it

It is a ceramic bowl with a 75 watt heater so it says it does not get hot enough to ignite the sulfur.

It has almost gotten rid of it all. I wish i bought one years ago.

the main thing i was worried about was the odor and it is nowhere near as bad as i thought it would be.

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
^^^ yes - I turn off all fans when/if I burn

S

smokestack23

If you make one the same as the prefabbed ones...shouldn't be more dangerous than a prefab.
If aluminum is a problem (I have some aluminum pots for cooking..oh oh) use something else..whatever the prefab ones use.
If it runs out of sulfur...well..so can a purchased one. Do the manufactured ones have a "low sulfur level" alarm?

As was said...you can go to the second hand store and buy an electric frying pan for 5 bucks and just dump the sulfur right in the pan (no ali) and set it to the correct temp. If the pan is working properly it won't get any hotter than you told it to.
I haven't personally seen a bought burner so I don't know if they have a thermostat in them but I doubt it. So..IF you were to ask me, I'd say that an electric skillet is safer than a tin can with a wee pan over a lizard heater. At least you KNOW it won't overheat.

Like whatshisface said...it aint a rocket appliance.

budboy299

budboy299

Cannot stress the turning off of the exhaust fan enough (during the vaporizing).

First time I ever ran sulfur, I did not know this and when I looked inside my carbon filter...everything was covered with yellow sulfur, which made the carbon almost ineffective.

putembk

putembk

All fans and lights must be off during a burn. No need to spray as the humidity will rise naturally some grows more than others depending on how many plants and how wet your soil is at the time of the burn. I do not like to do it in flower but have with no ill effects. I have learned how to mitigate pm but what I have really learned is how to keep from getting it in the first place. Since I have started keeping my humidity below 40% and started using Quantum and Rhino Skin I have had no issues with pm.

Latest posts

Top Bottom