Homesteader's Diary

• Thread starter Homesteader
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Homesteader

Homesteader

So I have three Malawi's going and it seems as there are two pheno's. One that alternates nodes which I have two of and the one in the picture. Lots of good seeds in those. Only one of my Nepalese survived though seedling size though, luckily it was female.

Homesteader

Homesteader

this is a pretty cool seed bank... I am more interested in strains like this over most of the stuff you see on social media.
They have a lot of great information about the history of the regions on the site as well. I think you can only get them through seedsman if you live in the US.

stanknugzz77

stanknugzz77

Real seed company isn't a breeder but they collect from various farmers crops around the world. Always found really different genetics with them. https://therealseedcompany.com/
I feel like I have heard of them before, maybe from @Kanzeon's thread. I have definitely browsed their site before. I love how they have cultivars from Tom Hill. That should tell you something about his preservation work. Those were the fucking days. I will be starting some Deep Chunk this week, along with a few other old school cultivars. Everything is definitely looking interesting in your flower room. I wish you well and look forward to your progress! Positive vibes...

~nugzz

Homesteader

Homesteader

The Mazar main cola minus a few yellow/brown fan leaves
IMG 20200508 195023397

A close up of the Malawi
IMG 20200508 194840138

Hidd3nGr0w

Hidd3nGr0w

@Homesteader those are some lanky girls in that malawi and napalese. What are you thinking? 18 weeks? 😎

Don't get it twisted, I bet its some sure enough fire ya got growing, I do see now why the OG's took that fire and crossed indica's into it.

Great thread, thanks for dropping knowledge!

Homesteader

Homesteader

I have grown probably upwards of 20 different pure landrace strains over the past and out of them, I have yet to find anything that would be considered a keeper for smoke. Some unique flavors and structures but nothing that compares to an elite hybrid like a GG4 or or something.
This one Malawi pheno may be different though. At the least, something I want to breed with to see if I can get that structure after crossing it.

I may take cuttings from the Nepal but most likely Ill just reveg it if I want to keep it around after. Not really looking like a keeper yet. Almost zero trichs on either.

Im hopeful for 12-15 weeks on both but the Nepal may go longer. I guess time will tell.
The Mazar is fading fast and Ill probably just cut it. Probably try a smoke or two just for a taste and give it to my rabbits.

Hidd3nGr0w

Hidd3nGr0w

I have grown probably upwards of 20 different pure landrace strains over the past and out of them, I have yet to find anything that would be considered a keeper for smoke. Some unique flavors and structures but nothing that compares to an elite hybrid like a GG4 or or something.
This one Malawi pheno may be different though. At the least, something I want to breed with to see if I can get that structure after crossing it.

I may take cuttings from the Nepal but most likely Ill just reveg it if I want to keep it around after. Not really looking like a keeper yet. Almost zero trichs on either.

Im hopeful for 12-15 weeks on both but the Nepal may go longer. I guess time will tell.
The Mazar is fading fast and Ill probably just cut it. Probably try a smoke or two just for a taste and give it to my rabbits.
That Mazar bud structure is soooo very familiar looking. All of them are for that matter.

I appreciate you journaling this and being able to see these starting blocks and allowing us just a glimpse into the minds that originally put these strains together and what they saw. All of the crossing and back crossing to get the building blocks that make the "elite hybrids" of today. And this is the sativa side. LoL

Them cats was next level, as are the breeders today, going through the combinations again and choosing differently what to keep or cull than the people who first did the crosses. Just the difference between turn left or right, go forward or back.

I do not know that I could cull any of these on appearance, would have to sample the product, you may have grown them before and already know what you are looking for in them, even if its just a little nostalgia.

Thanks again for posting!😎

Homesteader

Homesteader

It definitely is like watching paint dry. Not much changes quickly with these flowers. No trichomes yet but at least they do look past halfway at least.
Going to reveg this Malawi and try breeding it after.

Probably the last group of landraces I do for awhile though.

Kanzeon

Kanzeon

It definitely is like watching paint dry. Not much changes quickly with these flowers. No trichomes yet but at least they do look past halfway at least.
Going to reveg this Malawi and try breeding it after.

Probably the last group of landraces I do for awhile though.

Getting restless after these ladies have been camping out for so long?

Homesteader

Homesteader

Getting restless after these ladies have been camping out for so long?

I guess in a way but it helps when you have two rooms. I hate running the rooms at peak during the summer so I usually slow them down this time of year anyhow.

I am so busy around here with the farm this time of year though and then you add to that my kids are home in the day, its been near impossible to get much done.
I am lucky if I get ten minutes a day in the grow rooms lately.

Got the new trout pond dug yesterday though!

Terpz719

Terpz719

Top Bottom