Hood Placement Or Bulb Placement............

• Thread starter ozman
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ozman

ozman

hi guys
i have a cunundrum going tearing me apart,i can see both sides of the argument and both make sense but 1 has a little more merit to it.
i currently run a 6 inch cool tube with a 600 watt hps in it for flower.

my cunundrum is this when positioning the light in the tent if i center the tube the bulb is off center
if i center the bulb to the tent the reflector is off center,i also take into consideration the effective working length of the bulb while it is lit.

so which would be right or better center the bulb to the tent or
center the reflector and have the bulb off center in relation to the center of the tent......

lumens are precious.......

jeesh i dunno........
any ideas......

dnewsome2

dnewsome2

hi guys
i have a cunundrum going tearing me apart,i can see both sides of the argument and both make sense but 1 has a little more merit to it.
i currently run a 6 inch cool tube with a 600 watt hps in it for flower.

my cunundrum is this when positioning the light in the tent if i center the tube the bulb is off center
if i center the bulb to the tent the reflector is off center,i also take into consideration the effective working length of the bulb while it is lit.

so which would be right or better center the bulb to the tent or
center the reflector and have the bulb off center in relation to the center of the tent......

lumens are precious.......

jeesh i dunno........
any ideas......
Keep your HPS in the center and rotate your tube from side to side every week or so. Or buy another tube. That is if I understand what you're saying correctly.

ozman

ozman

yea i figured the bulb in the center would be more even light spread,and in doing so i found
a bigger problem with my light setup..........
my friggin tent is to short for hoods and to hot for with a wing,it is only a 5 ft tent minus 12 inches for the planters and
8 inches for the hood,a multi strain grow can be a pain.......
im looking at 6 footers now
i think the extra foot will help me manage the light better
not sure what it will do with the temps,now i wonder if i even need a a/c hood with a taller tent.....
im gonna find out soon.

thank you dnewsome2 for your response,
i will post back when i get a new tent
im just trying to squeeze all i can out of it

dnewsome2

dnewsome2

yea i figured the bulb in the center would be more even light spread,and in doing so i found
my friggin tent is to short for hoods and to hot for with a wing,it is only a 5 ft tent minus 12 inches for the planters and
not sure what it will do with the temps,now i wonder if i even need a a/c hood with a taller tent.....
im gonna find out soon.

Temperature control is your number one issue in my opinion. You may need to buy an AC unit.

dnewsome2

dnewsome2

im gonna find out soon.

Scrog grow will fix your height problems.

dnewsome2

dnewsome2

im gonna find out soon.

A scrog grow will also help your temperatures because it will be closer to the bottom of the tent where the cool air is coming in.

Top Bottom