Hooking up HydroGen Drain to waste

• Thread starter HookedonPonics
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
HookedonPonics

HookedonPonics

Hello farmers, quick question im setting up a hydroGen for the first time and had planned to use it drain to waste, i purchased a water hose that will fit 3/4 fittings and a hydro innovations watergate electronic valve, i have 2 sinks in a room next to my garden and planned on using one of the sinks for my water, i was wondering if any of yall could help on how to hook the electronic valve up UNDER my sink not to the countertop faucet, appreciate it

TrichromeFan

TrichromeFan

You are kinda asking for it, to be using a garden hose for something like this. You need to get the correct fittings from a pluming supply of some sort. Maybe some sort of T, and a valve. You definitely don't want something that could leak or burst while you are away from the garden. Watch it on the output water as well. It will come out scalding hot!

HookedonPonics

HookedonPonics

im not worried about it busting the person i contacted at hydro innovations actually recommended using a heavy duty water hose connected with hose clamps AFTER the valve, and i planned on using some sort of plumbing for hooking the valve to my water supply but was wondering if anyone knew exactly what i needed to buy and do to get that job done. Also it does not matter if i the sink works either its not needed, sorry should of been more specific. peace

B

Bobby Smith

The sink needs to drain into your wastewater or it will quickly overflow, but it doesn't need pressurized water coming from the faucet.

Here's how I hooked up mine - have made some changes since that video, but that's the general idea:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uWTX5CqEALw

EDIT: sorry dude, I didn't quite realize what you were asking - the answer is "yes", you can mount the solenoid under the sink, but why would you want to? Either way you're going to have to connect the water output to the input of the Hydrogen, so if you're thinking that hooking up the solenoid would be a more "discreet" way of doing things, I'm telling you that it wouldn't.

To answer your question(s), as TF said you're gonna need a "T" off of the feed hose from under the sink, and that will allow the sink to continue to work.

If you're not worried about the sink working (although I'd recommend keeping a working sink intact - I'd suck a dick for a sink in my grow space), then you can simply insert a 90 degree corner under the sink and bypass the faucet completely.

Still not sure what benefit this would give you - are you worried about the connection between the faucet and hose? They make adapters for that (if you are).

deacon1503

deacon1503

Tee into your cold water supply to the sink underneath. depending on if u have just common faucet 12" braided hook ups or soldered in copper fittings/tubing, your parts will differ.

Top Bottom