Hopefully I am doing this right..

• Thread starter OfficiallyJ
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
OfficiallyJ

OfficiallyJ

Hey, so I’m in week 5 of flower and I’m just wondering if I was going about this right. To me they look okay (this is also my first grow, so ultimately I’m not sure what to be looking for). But anyway, for some reason I expected the buds to be growing a little bit bigger. I’m not sure if it is normal or not that they are this size. Any information would help. I can let you know what I’m doing/using. I’m just tryna do this correctly, also these pictures and video were taken this week.
Hopefully i am doing this right
Hopefully i am doing this right 2
Hopefully i am doing this right 3
Hopefully i am doing this right 4
Hopefully i am doing this right 5
Hopefully i am doing this right 6
Hopefully i am doing this right 7
Hopefully i am doing this right 8
Hopefully i am doing this right 9
Hopefully i am doing this right 10

Hidd3nGr0w

Hidd3nGr0w

If you make it to the finish and got some bud that works for you, you did it right. Looks like you have some kind of deficiency with the dark veins in the leaf's. You can google cannabis deficiency charts and check. Your bud size will be limited by your lighting as well.

OfficiallyJ

OfficiallyJ

Okay cool, as in I should get a bigger light? Stronger? I’ll see what deficiencies it could be as well.

Anthem

Anthem

Okay cool, as in I should get a bigger light? Stronger? I’ll see what deficiencies it could be as well.
First off, week 5 is when the plant really starts to put on weight thru week 7. The limiting factor can be the amount of light the plant is getting. The plant does look like it needs more light.
Can you provide the following:
#1. Grow Media
#2. PPM's in at minimum
#3. Light Type and distant, brand name can be helpful
Lastly, it looks like they might have got some nutrient burn, but the pictures are not totally clear. I

Hidd3nGr0w

Hidd3nGr0w

Not saying what you should or shouldn't get, thats up to you. When I learned to play drums I bought a cheap pawn shop set. When I started playing in a band and playing out I bought my DW's. The difference in bud size between a 200w and 600w will be noticeable in the same size area. Assuming all things are equal otherwise.

Bubbalicious82

Bubbalicious82

Could've done a tad too much defoliation first off. But keep nutrients mild until you know the plants. Too little nutes is ALWAYS better than too much. They'll plump up, just need loving. Not too much loving remember. Good luck

OfficiallyJ

OfficiallyJ

Okay I’m using Sohum living soils. I first got that because I was told I could use that from seed to harvest with no nutrients... I found out very quickly how wrong that was haha. The light is a philzon 1000w LED. And as far as distance I would say about 12-15 inches away from the plant. I could be wrong Id have to check when I get out of work.

Anthem

Anthem

Hidd3nGr0w is really telling you the truth here. The plant can handle about 60 Mol's a day of light. It is a ton of light, this video does a great job of explaining it. It might take some time to understand but it seems to be true. He also talks about nutrient needs vs. Light input and I know from experience that is the case. Most nutrient companies base their feed charts off of something around a 600 to 750 HPS light from what I have learned. If you increase the amount of light the plant gets the nutrient uptake need changes. Everything is a balance.

OfficiallyJ

OfficiallyJ

Could've done a tad too much defoliation first off. But keep nutrients mild until you know the plants. Too little nutes is ALWAYS better than too much. They'll plump up, just need loving. Not too much loving remember. Good luck

Okay cool, yeah I definitely went crazy with defoliation. I’m just kinda going with the flow and teaching myself as much as I can.

OfficiallyJ

OfficiallyJ

Hidd3nGr0w is really telling you the truth here. The plant can handle about 60 Mol's a day of light. It is a ton of light, this video does a great job of explaining it. It might take some time to understand but it seems to be true. He also talks about nutrient needs vs. Light input and I know from experience that is the case. Most nutrient companies base their feed charts off of something around a 600 to 750 HPS light from what I have learned. If you increase the amount of light the plant gets the nutrient uptake need changes. Everything is a balance.

Aight I’ll take a look at the video. Try to see. So the general consensus is the light isn’t strong enough??

Bubbalicious82

Bubbalicious82

Aight I’ll take a look at the video. Try to see. So the general consensus is the light isn’t strong enough??
Don't come to a conclusion too early. Your par or lumens/lux might be adequate with those LEDs. Also LEDs tend to suck Cal.Mag like crazy so keeping that in there feeding regimens is a must. First grow can sometimes just end up as a learning process. Just wanting to end up with good smoke that does it's job.

OfficiallyJ

OfficiallyJ

Don't come to a conclusion too early. Your par or lumens/lux might be adequate with those LEDs. Also LEDs tend to suck Cal.Mag like crazy so keeping that in there feeding regimens is a must. First grow can sometimes just end up as a learning process. Just wanting to end up with good smoke that does it's job.
Exactly. I plan on perfecting this craft. But I wanna get through my first grow as well lol. I’ll have to do more research

JadedMarxist

JadedMarxist

Supporter
Take some pics with natural light not the led that's why it looks like the viens are dark iits the red leds. Ppl will better be able to say if it burn under a natural light.

OfficiallyJ

OfficiallyJ

Take some pics with natural light not the led that's why it looks like the viens are dark iits the red leds. Ppl will better be able to say if it burn under a natural light.

Okay cool I will when I get home definitely

OfficiallyJ

OfficiallyJ

250 watts of Chinese LED. If I were in your shoes, I would finish the grow with that light and if you plan on growing more think about investing in another light. You can use your existing light for vegging plants

haha, okay sounds good. I’m not surprised honestly. I was trying to go for cheap as possible. Which I also learned was not the way to go, especially if you want quality.

Top Bottom