Hops latent viroid- the epidemic no one is talking about

• Thread starter Og_punkgenetics
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
T

TryingToGrow

Supporter
Hops latent viroid is no joke so its good to keep your eyes open as its symptoms are very subtle at first. In veg it makes branching very brittle and new growth comes in smaller than normal. The reason why I am bringing it up is because in the state of California in 2019 every single major nursery of Clone stock had it in percentages of up to 50 percent. I have been growing since the 80s and learned a long time ago to be super careful about what I bring in, I have a room strictly designated for quarantine. Most of the pathogen's that come through have abatement protocols that are easy enough. Problem with hops latent viroid is that it can come through seed. It's epidemic in Canada and the United States right now. As a commercial grower I stay in touch with other growers in my state and every single one of them has had to deal with it. So if you're having an issue with your growth, or if it's dudding in flower you may have it. It totally fucks with the terps and triches. The end product smells like rancid taco bell farts. I recently discovered I had it and had my whole mother block tested, out of 19 mothers 7 had it in quantity to be picked up through the pcr test. The only real cure for it is meristem cell culture which takes a ling time and costs a fortune. Im having it done on 2 of my one of a kind cultivars and with amazing grief, i'm tossing the others. One that I've had for 11 years that I just can't justify paying for. It's the industry's dirty little secret right now and only a few of the majors are talking openly about their struggle with it. ( I was told by one grower that it was like telling your girlfriend you had the clap). Old sanitation methods like 99% alcohol does not kill the viroid. You need to use a 10% bleach solution. I'm posting this in the hope that I can help someone avoid the nightmare that its becoming in this industry, know where you get your clones, make sure the nursery tests their mother block regularly for it

It is a joke, completely pretend. Every plant I have seen with it is obvious pH issues.

I have messed up 100's of cannabis plants, and many other plant species, ~always because pH, they look exactly just like every picture of a plant with the unicorn virus, only I never blamed it on a unicorn virus.

Reminds me of 'citrus greening'. These people mess up these trees in every way possible (mostly pH), then blame the tree's poor health on a bug. Meanwhile, there are healthy trees of the same species nearby, unaffected. lol

So many epidemics going on, such a scary place to live.

Just looking at the definition of epidemic and pandemic, pretty funny, both are completely pretend. Couldn't imagine living in the mind of someone buying any of it, must really be something.

Last edited:
Moshmen

Moshmen

It is a joke, completely pretend. Every plant I have seen with it is obvious pH issues.

I have messed up 100's of cannabis plants, and many other plant species, ~always because pH, they look exactly just like every picture of a plant with the unicorn virus, only I never blamed it on a unicorn virus.

Reminds me of 'citrus greening'. These people mess up these trees in every way possible (mostly pH), then blame the tree's poor health on a bug. Meanwhile, there are healthy trees of the same species nearby, unaffected. lol

So many epidemics going on, such a scary place to live.

Just looking at the definition of epidemic and pandemic, pretty funny, both are completely pretend. Couldn't imagine living in the mind of someone buying any of it, must really be something.
Dude not every issue on the forum is ph related this be ur warning -calm down with the misinformation or you will be banned

T

TryingToGrow

Supporter
Found the anti-vaxxer ^^^
If referring to the tv virus, obviously pretend, obviously freemason child abuser club. Should be pretty obvious on day one let alone 2(?) years later. Go outside, everyone is still there, even more than usual in some cases, like mine, they moved tons of military to my area. They are in plain dress most the time, crowding the stores in my area at odd hours, hanging around being losers and more.

I don’t understand where these people keep coming from that are preaching anything on the tv, from Freemason child abusers, is reality, meaningful or truthful in any way.

who taught you to trust your tv? Freemasons, lol. Classic.

Call me names all you like, I already ‘lost everything’ because of people like you, playing pretend and worshipping a Freemason‘government’. I hope you enjoy whatever spending your life playing pretend to mess with kids and people like me is supposed to get you.

Dude not every issue on the forum is ph related this be ur warning -calm down with the misinformation or you will be banned
who said every issue on the forum was pH? You are using your imagination so you can ban me. Lol...

Instead of making lies and threatening to ban me, maybe link to the scientific proof of your claims and shut me up the intelligent/proper way.

they linked me to an article last time as some sort of proof, it was a joke.

tell me to chill (when I already am), I’m not the one spending my life playing pretend and messing with kids like the ‘Freemason’ ‘club’.

Last edited:
Backyard_Boogie

Backyard_Boogie

If referring to the tv virus, obviously pretend, obviously freemason child abuser club. Should be pretty obvious on day one let alone 2(?) years later. Go outside, everyone is still there, even more than usual in some cases, like mine, they moved tons of military to my area. They are in plain dress most the time, crowding the stores in my area at odd hours, hanging around being losers and more.

I don’t understand where these people keep coming from that are preaching anything on the tv, from Freemason child abusers, is reality, meaningful or truthful in any way.

Call me names all you like, I already ‘lost everything’ because of people like you, playing pretend and worshipping a Freemason‘government’. I hope you enjoy whatever spending your life playing pretend to mess with kids and people like me is supposed to get you.

who said every issue on the forum was pH? You are using your imagination so you can ban me. Lol...

Instead of making lies and threatening to ban me, maybe link to the scientific proof of your claims and shut me up the intelligent/proper way.

tell me to chill (when I already am), I’m not the one spending my life playing pretend and messing with kids like the ‘Freemason’ ‘club’.
Do yourself a favor and don't look up...

Screen Shot 2021 12 13 at 52414 PM

BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter

You haven’t linked any info backing your claim either. You all need to sit back and smoke a joint. You have no control over what goes on in the world, we are little specs in the dust. So who really cares? We’ll have to pay our bills regardless of whose in office, gas will always be high doesn’t matter how low it really gets, groceries are expensive as Fuxk, but we have to buy them to eat. how can we control that? We buy the groceries. It is what it is partner. Chill out, grow and smoke some dank. We don’t want any politics here. Thanks.
burnz

PrimoClonesCanada

PrimoClonesCanada

Supporter
I had a bunch of positive tests from tumi after a few ants dudded on me in flower.
Turns your premium quality plants into absolute garbage with barely any trichs terrible smell and no density
If anyone Is interested I can post some pics of the difference between good plant and dudded one.

P.s- anyone testing through tumi send in top root sample as they are apparently 100% accurate compared to branches and petioles that are hit and miss with testing.

Deadstill

Deadstill

I'm from the government, and I'm here to help.
Supporter
I had a bunch of positive tests from tumi after a few ants dudded on me in flower.
Turns your premium quality plants into absolute garbage with barely any trichs terrible smell and no density
If anyone Is interested I can post some pics of the difference between good plant and dudded one.

P.s- anyone testing through tumi send in top root sample as they are apparently 100% accurate compared to branches and petioles that are hit and miss with testing.
I'm sorry to hear that. That sucks hopefully you can do some tissue culture and save your genetics. I shared my notes on a seminar TUMI did at CannaCon 22, in a different thread located here - https://www.thcfarmer.com/threads/is-this-the-hop-latent-virus.135533/post-2857023

Some good info in my notes there ^^^

PrimoClonesCanada

PrimoClonesCanada

Supporter
I'm sorry to hear that. That sucks hopefully you can do some tissue culture and save your genetics. I shared my notes on a seminar TUMI did at CannaCon 22, in a different thread located here - https://www.thcfarmer.com/threads/is-this-the-hop-latent-virus.135533/post-2857023

Some good info in my notes there ^^^
I had saw that it's great info, i rewd it today.
Funny cause I got all positives and all other people who have the cuts I got from same vendor always got negative results. Most were through dark heart unfortunately but at least 1 or 2 were with tumi. But I sent in root sample and I don't think anyone else did. Sure enough all mine were positive except for my keepers I found in seed packs over the years. Thankfully they were on a different cloning schedule.
But I'm positive I spread it by cloning them all together thinking they had all been tested so they were good. But I think my gushmints might have had it as it was slow and stunted with some small leaves. After getting viriod I inquired to other growers and they all say gushmints was one of the biggest plants with a big stretch, mine never broke 2 1/2 the whole time I had it. But it didn't have the lateral branching
I'm hoping I can get at least some of them back.
If the person I got them from does root tests and they come back negative I'll get them back from him. But he has only ever tested with Dark Heart so who knows.

And thanks for posting those notes from the seminar, that's some great info to have.

Deadstill

Deadstill

I'm from the government, and I'm here to help.
Supporter
I had saw that it's great info, i rewd it today.
Funny cause I got all positives and all other people who have the cuts I got from same vendor always got negative results. Most were through dark heart unfortunately but at least 1 or 2 were with tumi. But I sent in root sample and I don't think anyone else did. Sure enough all mine were positive except for my keepers I found in seed packs over the years. Thankfully they were on a different cloning schedule.
But I'm positive I spread it by cloning them all together thinking they had all been tested so they were good. But I think my gushmints might have had it as it was slow and stunted with some small leaves. After getting viriod I inquired to other growers and they all say gushmints was one of the biggest plants with a big stretch, mine never broke 2 1/2 the whole time I had it. But it didn't have the lateral branching
I'm hoping I can get at least some of them back.
If the person I got them from does root tests and they come back negative I'll get them back from him. But he has only ever tested with Dark Heart so who knows.

And thanks for posting those notes from the seminar, that's some great info to have.
Yeah she said 70% of ALL facilities in Colorado have HLV. It's pretty scary to think about. 70%. That makes more than half of all facilities in CO as likely carriers/spreaders. Makes me not want to obtain any kinds of clones from anyone in this state. And PCR tests aren't cheap, but as she said, prevention is certainly less costly than reaction. I have definitely changed a few things around my Farm, including not allowing ANYONE into my grow rooms without proper preventative measures. Wearing gloves at all times and absolutely NO "finger fucking" my plants! Lmao

Fortunately, I've already been following quarantine measures for years now, having had plenty of experiences with people giving me plants infested with spider mites. So now everything goes into quarantine if it came from an outside source.

Top Bottom