horizontal to vertical???

• Thread starter danko
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

danko

can you switch any light to run vertical? i mean if just hijack the lamp chord from the hood id be good to go right?

C

CCS

Most reflectors have a hardwired socket. So if you were to hang one vertically, you would have some exposed connections with major stress on the cord.

You would want to use something like this:

903055.jpg

You'll notice that it has a hanger support attached which will relieve the stress and provide closed connections.

So my answer would be in most cases no. It is much safer to have a separate cord and socket assembly.

J

Jalisco Kid

Each bulb is marked for the position it can burn in. JK

D

danko

i see. so its just a matter of getting vert bulbs. so you CAN configure any light and ballast to work verticaly or horizontally ? cool!

W

woodie1369

as I understand it all HPS bulbs can be used in any position?,mh bulbs say if they are vertical or horizontil,even CMH bulbs that run on an hps ballast are position oriented meaning you must buy vert. or horizontil CMH bulbs .this is what I have read somewhere?

dequelo

dequelo

they will have a U on the screw base if they can be burned in any position

for universal , some have to be run base up or horizontal

or their life shorten

all the best and be well

Dequelo

homebrew420

homebrew420

Yes HPS can be run in any position, however the MH are lamp, bulb, dependent. dequleo is right on, most labeled H wont' even ignite.

sky high

sky high

I couldn't find THE chart I was looking for...

this info is from EYE....some may be specific to their lamps but some of the "codes" listed (Like U for Universal) are fairly standard in the industry.

hopefully something of use!

s h

Top Bottom