Horticulturalist Seeking Property

• Thread starter ludatic12
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
I saw the $400/lb deal and decided to see what it was all about and it is a total hustle..the guys offering it, and its only one group, are not even licensed. They are trying to team with a licensed MMC or have someone attach their OPC license to their spot. Then they want you to pre-pay half now of what your eventual take would be in November and then pay the other half at harvest but prior to delivery. They pretty much have a bunch of land and want you to finance their build out and production with the promise of cheap pounds at the end. I have to admit, it is a crafty hustle but a hustle all the same.

Ubi is closer to reality on actual price these days and trust me, in a warehouse or greenhouse, you are still printing money at that price.

I don't agree with Scott on the 70% concentrate factor..maybe in their stores and their wholesale customer base they sell alot more concentrates and wholesale scwap to more edibles producers but in most of the ones I am around, flowers rule and the better grown, trimmed, and presented to the customer the better. Wax, shatter, edibles, patches, and infused beverages sit on the self compared to some badass flowers. I will say that wax, shatter and edibles are a god send for producers that can't or don't step up and deliver choice flowers to the customer base.

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
So why not get some experience in something different than pot?
There is more to life than growing weed.
Folks are becoming more and more aware of prevention thru nutrition.
start your own farm, produce nutrient dense foods as your priority and grow some weed on the side.
some friends of ours did just that and they are doing very well selling, veggie starts, cut flowers at farmers markets, all kinds of veggies as well. They can take in a thousand dollars easy in one day at the Aspen farmers market. you should see their 2 kids, healthy happy and they would never eat fast foods. PM me if your interested in further info of our area which is the place to be for dirt farming....

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
So why not get some experience in something different than pot?
There is more to life than growing weed.
Folks are becoming more and more aware of prevention thru nutrition.
start your own farm, produce nutrient dense foods as your priority and grow some weed on the side.
some friends of ours did just that and they are doing very well selling, veggie starts, cut flowers at farmers markets, all kinds of veggies as well. They can take in a thousand dollars easy in one day at the Aspen farmers market. you should see their 2 kids, healthy happy and they would never eat fast foods. PM me if your interested in further info of our area which is the place to be for dirt farming....
That is completely napped in awesomesauce. :D

ubi

ubi

awesomesauce... ummm it tastes sooo good. thats why i got some land (about 35acres) building raised beds right now. looking into rebuilding soils and rotating crops with animals too. the whole gambit. im starting slow but ill get there................... napped in awesomesauce!!! with a small barn and a few lights. maybe a small greenhouse.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
awesomesauce... ummm it tastes sooo good. thats why i got some land (about 35acres) building raised beds right now. looking into rebuilding soils and rotating crops with animals too. the whole gambit. im starting slow but ill get there................... napped in awesomesauce!!! with a small barn and a few lights. maybe a small greenhouse.
Nice! If you're going there, especially with that amount of land, learn about mob grazing. I kind of learned it myself with the rye grass cover crop I have in one of my raised beds. Basically, you take the top third of the plant, then move the animals away. This forces downward root growth, which is part and parcel of what helps build the soils. Come back again when the plants have recovered, take another top third. This also builds forage in a forage stockpile. I haven't watered this one particular bed ever, and the grass is about 18" high and lovely lush and green.

If you don't already, get yourself subscribed to Acres, USA, too. :D Then show us what you've done!

ubi

ubi

well since i read your post seamaiden, i went on a big binge of natural farming, holistic techniques research, watched Fresh the movie AGAIN, and HOLY CRAP that acres website. has a lot of hard to find books. Only got one more 4x12 bed built today. (it was raining on and off all day)
i guess i should start a thread of what i did on the Farm Today.....hmmm just might have too.

Top Bottom