Hortilux Dual Arc Bulb >> Everyone Opinion? Are they worth it?

• Thread starter Spacecadet01
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
P

PureSugar

So now I think the best question to ask is which hortilux is better:
a) the super blue halide
or
b) the dual arc Hortilux
?

That's how I ended up with the "wrong" bulbs. The Super Blue is the Dual Arc.

The Hortilux Blue is the MH with the enhanced spectrum.

I think Hortilux should change the name of the Super Blue, I would just call it the Hortilux Dual Arc or Hortilux Dual, something like that. It's kinda confusing.

T

TyKaycha

God I love this forum. Every time a question pops into my head, I do a quick search here and there's either an answer or an active thread. Love this place!

xX Kid Twist Xx

xX Kid Twist Xx

Premium Member
Supporter
it probaly would but it looks like it would cost you more in the long run. 2 ballast 1 for each blub and 2 reflectors. and how to position them to get coveage over the plants. with the one bulb no need to worry

T

TyKaycha

From what I can gather from Hortilux's site, they aren't meant to be used vertically. Has anyone tried?

C

CAPO

That's how I ended up with the "wrong" bulbs. The Super Blue is the Dual Arc.

The Hortilux Blue is the MH with the enhanced spectrum.

I think Hortilux should change the name of the Super Blue, I would just call it the Hortilux Dual Arc or Hortilux Dual, something like that. It's kinda confusing.

hahaha...eureka...so the superblue is the dual arc!!
haha....

I like the idea of this dual arc better than the double light ballast.

I'm wonderin if any you cats got a tried and true method of switching between the dual arc and the superhps on 10 week strains?

M

mcpuffin

After working at a local hydro shop awhile back I saw a whole bunch of those bulbs come back, both Ushio & Hortilux (I think more Ushio than Hortilux). They seem like a great idea just not worth the money.

P

PureSugar

Have changed or am in the process of changing out all my 1k's to dual arc, love them, love them, love them!!!

Tex

I use both those brands and never had a problem with either of them...Get great results with both...~ogr

There it is from two of the most respected members @ the Farm.

If those aren't two of the best endorsements for dual arcs I don't know what it would take to get someone to give them a shot.

P

PureSugar

I'm wonderin if any you cats got a tried and true method of switching between the dual arc and the superhps on 10 week strains?

What do you mean? Are you talking about only using the dual arc for the begining of flowering and switching to the Super HPS for the end of flowering?

TrichromeFan

TrichromeFan

Any of you guys who have been running the dual arcs have any feedback on performance?

Differences in yield, flavor, potency, plant vigor......

J

joedub

I've been using the Hortilux Super Blue w/o a problem even though I read that it would have problems w/ digital ballasts. I think it's about time for me to change out my lights. Do you guys think Solarmax Dual Arc's is a good one to go with? reason I ask is because Hortilux started a new policy as of July 1st. that forced a lot of shops to up the prices, atleast that's what the owner of the websites e-mail said, I've emailed hortilux but haven't gotten a reply yet, any way long story short I like dual arcs but can't afford to go w/ Hortilux any more. So I was wondering if Solarmax is a good brand? I've heard good things about them, thoughts? recommendations?

B

bakershredhead

Hey Joe go to 1000bulbs.com Hortiluxs are I think around $70.

K

kuz

Never seen the hortilux super blue very cheap, Plantmax 1000 watt dual arc price varies huge though, as low as $72 as high as $160. Makes you wonder. Never heard anything good or bad about plantmax.

mikeross

mikeross

happy with my hps until I see more people running them and showing results. I dont know anyone personally who run them. they are pricey....

TrichromeFan

TrichromeFan

Damn straight they are pricey! $200 ea! F it.

You now know one person who will be running these. I just bought 4.

Won't be able to give you an AB comparison with reg HPS, but the spectrum makes sense to me. If Jackmeoffer had his biggest plant suronded by them, then they can't be all that bad.

Keepin my fingers crossed.
-TF

caliogk

caliogk

Premium Member
Supporter
JACKMAYOFFER already did an A and B comparison and really likes the dual arc bulbs also.

His gardens and grows are incredible.

3 major players on this board co-sign these.

T

THETC420

I only use the dual arc bulbs after trying all the others over many years! IMO

Whats everybody think? Anyone have any experience using these in a grow op? I would like to hear anyones opinion on this.

SC
check this out [EDITED]

The best bulb in the world next to plasma IMO

Peace THETC420:pimp:

X

xerhoss

Anyone try the ULTRA SUN 1000W DUAL ARC as a less expensive alt? I've been thinking about going with dual arc bulbs and these are the best priced ones i can find. Not sure about their quality tho... :wondering

Latest posts

Top Bottom