Hortilux dual arc bulb report

• Thread starter Hydrobaby
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
H

Hydrobaby

Just finished my grow using the Hortilux Dual Arc bulb. The results were great but what I found is that the two bulbs don't blend so what you end up with is part of your room under MH and part under HPS. Anyone else have similar results?

mastacheeser

mastacheeser

never ran these but very interested
what did you find when using yours?
increase in quality?quanity?
you using a 1000w?

H

Hydrobaby

I used a xxxtreme from CAP with a 1000 Watt Dual Arc bulb which is both the Super Blue and the Hortlux Eye Super hps all in one bulb. The way they made it they are actually two separate bulbs in one casing so depending on how you have your reflector half of the garden is lit by the 400 watt Super Blue and half is lit by the 600 watt Super HPS. The light doesnt blend totally so I ended up with different bud on the left compared to the right....... same clone.

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
lol thats really lame when you consider one is 600 and the other is 400 watts

agrosun warm spectrum MH bulbs is where its at - half the price too

mastacheeser

mastacheeser

I used a xxxtreme from CAP with a 1000 Watt Dual Arc bulb which is both the Super Blue and the Hortlux Eye Super hps all in one bulb. The way they made it they are actually two separate bulbs in one casing so depending on how you have your reflector half of the garden is lit by the 400 watt Super Blue and half is lit by the 600 watt Super HPS. The light doesnt blend totally so I ended up with different bud on the left compared to the right....... same clone.

i am using light movers, would the problem be solved by this?

H

Hydrobaby

Ya a light mover would solve that for sure. @ Motherload...Agrosun warm Metal Halides are great and if you love those try the Phillips Smart Color Ceramic Bulbs. Rare but you can get them

M

Mister Charlie

Thanks for the info. Been really interested in these.

G

gudkarma

i'd love to see some pics OP

...especially of the buds you speak about.

i use a 250w MH & 400w HPS to finish my ladies. i rotate all the plants around every two days. all nuggage is rock hard and developing nicely.

gonna look into that agrosun bulb... but i'm trying to stay away from the hydro store :-)

ordering online really makes you trim down any excess.

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
Ya a light mover would solve that for sure. @ Motherload...Agrosun warm Metal Halides are great and if you love those try the Phillips Smart Color Ceramic Bulbs. Rare but you can get them

thx mang I will check those out

Top Bottom