Hortilux Spec Info

• Thread starter Wait.Whaaat
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Wait.Whaaat

Wait.Whaaat

I Have looked everywhere. The closest I came to an answer was given in the form of 5 questions for a final answer of... it depends !

Hahahaha. That was directly from EYE.

Maybe the answer is in Hi‼️ary ©linT️N's missing emails!

Wait.Whaaat

Wait.Whaaat

All completely valid points. But study after study, in different publications , they do a "Pepsi challenge" on the age old question...
Who makes the best _____?(fill in the blank with ANY piece of equipment or nutrient).

With bulbs, many have reported on it with respectable detail. You can get umol info for all the competitors, its like it's friggin guarded by the Illuninati. It's in the same safe as The Arc of the Covenant, Pandoras Box, and Monte Python's Holy Grail.

Wait.Whaaat

Wait.Whaaat

So...

Using Hortilux bulbs are like getting a lawyer.

Never shop from the discount rack. Pay the $. It pays dividends.

There's new stuff coming out every day. Yesterday an equipment broker showed me a HPS bulb that has the same lumins as a Hortilux and the almost equal umols to any of the top DE's (2100 umols). I think Gavs is 2100-2400. That's what sparked my curiosity.

Wait.Whaaat

Wait.Whaaat

Happy belated Thanksgiving to you and your family
IMG 1351

This bud's for you
IMG 1221

Wait.Whaaat

Wait.Whaaat

Agree with all that the your saying. Gavita DE has the most ✔️ in the positive column. I really appreciate your POV based on your experience, experimentation and the lab setting. Speaks volumes.

My analytics are waaaay more archaic but that's more of a current financial variable.

You fix the things you can. Right now that's a 1000w HPS bulb. Hortilux has been the clear leader for awhile. Gavita is industry leader now but for working with what I got, its Hortilux. So this new bulb from Germany has the same lumens as a Hortilux but also close to comparable umol output as a DE. But no bulb has really given Hortilux a run for the $. And right now $ has a significant effect on decision making.

Disclaimer: I am not promoting any of the products I'm talking about. Just trying to be better. Efficiency should breed success.

dennis001

dennis001

So...

Using Hortilux bulbs are like getting a lawyer.

Never shop from the discount rack. Pay the $. It pays dividends.

There's new stuff coming out every day. Yesterday an equipment broker showed me a HPS bulb that has the same lumins as a Hortilux and the almost equal umols to any of the top DE's (2100 umols). I think Gavs is 2100-2400. That's what sparked my curiosity.

Hortilux 1000w SE and DE 1960umol/s , compare with Philips DE. the 660nm red light just half. See my report
http://www.linkedin.com/pulse/high-par-vs-lumens-hps-lamp-dennis-yang?trk=mp-reader-card
Gavita DE made by USHIO, 2100umol/s but 28% blue light rate, Philips standard 30%
Most of ther brands are from China, those DE are not real, as my report said those cheap ones just made by street lighting burner, spend same power but half effective.
Currently only my company can make it better than Philips, but those cheap ones only cost half of real one, distributors willing to purchase cheap ones to fool end users.

JSmokes420

JSmokes420

Hortilux 1000w SE and DE 1960umol/s , compare with Philips DE. the 660nm red light just half. See my report
http://www.linkedin.com/pulse/high-par-vs-lumens-hps-lamp-dennis-yang?trk=mp-reader-card
Gavita DE made by USHIO, 2100umol/s but 28% blue light rate, Philips standard 30%
Most of ther brands are from China, those DE are not real, as my report said those cheap ones just made by street lighting burner, spend same power but half effective.
Currently only my company can make it better than Philips, but those cheap ones only cost half of real one, distributors willing to purchase cheap ones to fool end users.
The original gavita bulbs were made by Phillips just an FYI
Philips discontinued making the bulb because they didn't want to be associated with the marijuana culture.

dennis001

dennis001

whazzup on Gavita de......
There is not lamp on this market that has a higher output or efficiency. The light maintenance is better than 96% per year of use, which means that after a year of use it outputs still more light than any other new lamp in this market. In our light lab, where we have a calibrated Ulbricht sphere to our disposal (the ONLY way to test light output of a lamp!) we tested the most popular lamps on the market. The runner-up was Hortilux with less than 1800 umol, so about 15% less output using the same power. Together with the highly efficient HR96 reflector we offer (96% efficiency) that is up to 40 (!) % more light compared to an air cooled reflector. So it is not strange that growers report 15-50% more yield using the Gavita Pro 1000. ROI is a no-brainier of course.
""""" (posted by whazzup in 2013, who basically introduced DE and gavitas to cannabis growers, was admin at the oldest and largest dutch grow forum).
So around 1800umol. That wasn't w a hortilux ballast tho so maybe more?:D

That's true, EYE don't know the differences between real grow light and street light, the comparison test from Utah State University just between Philips DE and Hortilux SE in my report above.

dennis001

dennis001

The original gavita bulbs were made by Phillips just an FYI
Philips discontinued making the bulb because they didn't want to be associated with the marijuana culture.

Gavita purchased DE from Philips before, but after 2013 because of that law they started by from USHIO, that's why the structure is same as USHIO. And USHIO DE OEM by Germany BLV.

JSmokes420

JSmokes420

Gavita purchased DE from Philips before, but after 2013 because of that law they started by from USHIO, that's why the structure is same as USHIO. And USHIO DE OEM by Germany BLV.

The original Gavita bulbs that had the word Gavita stamped on the were rebranded Phillips "Green Power". Phillips no longer makes that bulb at all...... discontinued.....that was the real reason for the switch.....I know because I had some of the first to ever come out.....been running DE for over 10yrs

Wait.Whaaat

Wait.Whaaat

You got a link or a name of the HPS your talking about? I like new stuff. The Germans make good lights- ushio is high quality. Not saying a good bulb can't be made in China ,I mean the Chinese have the second highest iqs on the planet bested only by ashkenazi Jews , just a lot of products from there are made cheaply to satisfy us cheap ass westerners. Philips is killer too! Just realized I came off like a hortilux pusha lol ;) peace

Not yet.

Wait.Whaaat

Wait.Whaaat

Thx Dennis

dennis001

dennis001

I heard that but you can still find the green power DEs everywhere must be old stock? I'm pretty sure Gavita bought the rights which means they CANT make them anymore unless they change it substantially? I'm no patent expert;)
The Netherlands new law on 2013 stopped Philips supply grow light to Cannabis market. In order to avoid trouble, Gavita have to switch the supplier. But how Netherlands GOV know we buy greenpower DE for greenhouse or indoor grow? It is easy to say but hard to control it.

Top Bottom