Hortilux Super Blue 1000w Dual Arc

• Thread starter scrapiron
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
G

GRAMTOWN

oh my bad. its bc I bought mines in the store. i Paid Like $96 for the bulb altogether. Its 20% off whatever price is advertised

jadins_journey

jadins_journey

Supporter
Good post Tex, i was always wondering about the dual arc bulbs. My only question is their failure rate. How many reported problems with lets say the MH portion of the bulb fails and now you only have the 600 HPS working, or does it fail completly if one burns out does the other? just wondering. seems like a better bulb IMO just makes sense even with less lumes. Full spectrum > 27,000 lumes
peace..

I had one dual arc blow, and it was a complete blow out. When it goes it goes completely. I buy bulbs with a 12 month warranty, so the replacement was free. Like TK said you should replace bulbs often so if it goes out after 12 months it really shouldn't have been in the room to start with.

jj

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
I have moved away from digital ballast until the availability of suitable bulbs is better or they change the start up firing frequency of digitals from 130,000+mhz to 60+mhz in order to be closer to the mag ballast which is what 99.9999% of all bulbs are manufactured for.

When they go, they go all the way..

I have lost (2) Hortilux 1ks in the last 60 days and both were on my digi's..

Tex

R

rebornfarmer

I have moved away from digital ballast until the availability of suitable bulbs is better or they change the start up firing frequency of digitals from 130,000+mhz to 60+mhz in order to be closer to the mag ballast which is what 99.9999% of all bulbs are manufactured for.

Tex

Tex is this the firing frequency you are talking about? just wondering because my setup is with 3 of these quantum 1000 dimmable ballasts and i was thinking of trying the dual arc bulb this upcoming grow but i dont want to waste 300+ dollars on bulbs to just have them fail. Here are some specs for the Quantum ballast

Run at 100%, 75% or 50% power
Strike both Metal Halide and High Pressure Sodium Bulbs
Accepts 120v or 240v (Both cords included) !
Allows 50 Hertz to 60 Hertz(is this the firing frequency?)
Runs 15% cooler than other digital ballasts on the market
Has a Power Factor of 99.9%
The most stable output frequency of any ballast
Higher lumen output than magnetic ballasts
Light weight
3 year no hassle warranty!
:sweating

yezmar420

yezmar420

Tex

Here you go TK:afroweed:...

http://www.sunpulselamps.com/

So now I'm nervous..I just bought a new lumatek with a 1000W horti...I know the shop will stand behind it and swap things out, but when you say it goes all the way...what do you mean? Is it going to blow up and shoot glass everywhere or something?

R

REGISTRD

Here you go TK:afroweed:...

http://www.sunpulselamps.com/

So now I'm nervous..I just bought a new lumatek with a 1000W horti...I know the shop will stand behind it and swap things out, but when you say it goes all the way...what do you mean? Is it going to blow up and shoot glass everywhere or something?

would sure hope not..... sure the inside would explode and thinking he means the inside and will not turn on at all....

TK... if you had 3-1ks over 3 trays would u put a MH over the middle tray all the way through flower???

And Yes Heard from the owner at the LHS that the digital ballasts only run right on like 1 bulb and thats if that....hes kept us away from them thats for sure...

So most the extrasun ballasts have that little sticker that voids the warranty if you take apart the ballast Should I care about that If all im replacing is the capacitor??? I mean thats all the warranty is going to cover anyway right just with a piece of shit cap though right???? Cause 90% of the time its either that or the ignitor if im not mistaken??

S

scrapiron

I think he just meant both "arcs" go out. MH won't go out leaving the HPS burning, or vice versa. Dont think they would market exploding bulbs.

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
I have had bulbs melt down the inner element and then fall onto the glass tube and melt through, I have had them arc from the mogul base to the metal ring, had them completely explode and shower glass all over the inside of a air cooled hood, at least what wasn't sucked through the exhaust, had them start to hum and then just quit working, I have stood up under a 600 and busted it with my head.

Check with your local retailer about replacing the capacitor, most are certified centers and can tell you how to do or do it in house, as far as the warranty, those are the items that would usually be warranty when the go but you have to go to the trouble then when its a problem instead of preventitive or enhanced mode. taking one offline and jumpin through hoops for a fast replacement is a costly pain in the ass.

Quantum ballast may have the mhz issue figured out as well as the new Nextgen's but I am not sure. I am pretty sure that is the inbound power source frequencies, for like canada and the UK, that the unit will run on and not the firing frequency

Sunpulse are badass but are primarily 600's and maybe some new 1k's but I am not sure. Those are the same guys that do the spinners "Lifelight" smart cats up there, almost to smart..

Tex

R

REGISTRD

^ I could replace the cap myself(certified electrician)
I like what you say about being preventative about it as well...
Know being in enhanced mode what caps would u recommend?
Im about to swap out an old extrasun 1k on 120 to 240 when I quit being lazy and could swap out the cap at the same time to spice her up..

B

budfarmer

What affect does this bulb have on the plants? What about yield? I thought hps had two little blue to keep a plant healthy but never heard from anybody that tried adding an mh to the mix during flowering.

bodhi seeds

bodhi seeds

anybody tried the hortilux dual arc on a lumitek e ballast?

or am i going to be the guinea pig.......

heavydutykevork

heavydutykevork

Premium Member
Supporter
Sun Pulse are the best I have used. They work great for digital,, thats what their made for and last for a long time! 3k, 4k, and 10k are awesome! they just made a 2.8k to replace the 3k but they are dope... highly recommend them. Peace HDK

Top Bottom