hortohoney's Purple TrainWreck 1st SCROG Grow

• Thread starter hortohoney
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
H

hortohoney

I'm Xrancher, hortohoney's significant other and grow partner. I'm starting this thread for hortohoney cause well...she doesn't have the time and is a newbie to the farm.
She has grown Cannabis a number of times outdoor and is pretty savvy about growing veggies, fruits and potatoes to name a few of the fine foods we eat out of her gardens.
Her scrog grow is Purple TrainWreck in a 4x8 PVC frame with 8, 3 gallon air pots with Sunshine #4 amended with worm castings, bat guano, composted chicken manure, fish bone meal, kelp meal and a mix of 12 beneficial micro organisms.
The lighting is 24/7 from two 400 watt ceramic metal halides with the option of adding two 600 watt HPS for a more complete light spectrum.

Here is what they looked like on April 4, 2011 after some sunburn and transplanted into the 3 gallon air pots...

Purple_TrainWreck1.JPG

Updates to follow...because...well they're about ready for the screen about now...so it is going to be fast forward...

Xrancher & hortohoney

H

hortohoney

Told ya it was gonna be fast forward...

Purple TrainWreck May 6, 2011...

DSCF21941.JPG

Purple_TrainWreck2.JPG

Purple_TrainWreck4.JPG

Purple_TrainWreck3.JPG

hortohoney

H

hortohoney

Purple TrainWreck May 15, 2011

Here are some up to date pics...these are ready for the screen...

Purple_TrainWreck2_May_15_2011.JPG

Purple_TrainWreck1_May_15_2011.JPG

Here's the screen frame under construction...

Screen3_May_16_2011.JPG

Screen2_May_16_2011.JPG

One of the irrigation loops with 4, 1/2 gallon per hour inline drippers...hopefully these will give the pots symmetrical coverage...custom made by hortohoney...

Irrigation_loop.JPG

hortohoney

A

andy107

Looks good so far, nice and clean. Im diggin that screen too. Good luck with your grow, I'm sub'd. :)

H

hortohoney

Screen Installation

5-18-11

Hortohoney here finally (in the flesh, so to speak). Big props to Xrancher (my sweetie) for starting this thread for me.

I finally got the screen finished and installed last night. The girls are now officially in training. They are nicely perked up today.

They have been under 2 400 watt Philips Retro CMH bulbs. I added 2 600 watt Sylvania Grolux HPS bulbs last night.

My plan (as always, subject to radical change at a moment's notice) is to remove the foliage below the screen, give them a few days under 18/6 while I lay the main branches in the direction I want and then flip them to 12/12.

Here's the screen, finished...

finished_screen.jpg

Screen installed...

hortohoney_with_screen.jpg

Lights on...

screen_just_installed.jpg

And the girls perked up this morning...

morning_after_screen_install.jpg

I'm going to keep this grow diary updated regularly. Comments, questions and suggestions are welcome. But be gentle, it's my first time. :giggle

Hortohoney

Xrancher

Xrancher

This is Xrancher updating hortohoney's scrog: mostly so S i R can see the real trainwreck I was talking about...lol.
hortohoney is having a few problems with PM and spider mites at 6 weeks into flowering. She controlled the PM with sulfur(hope it doesn't leave the flowers tasting sulfury) and tomorrow she's getting a product for the SM...Doom...I think.

here are a couple of current pics...be nice...it's her first attempt tent grow...she's an outdoorsy girl and can grow outside like crazy...but indoor is a whole new ballgame for her and the learning curve is quite steep...

Purple_TrainWreck_resize.jpg

Purple_TrainWreck_nug_resize.jpg

any advice/critique welcomed...

Xrancher doing hortohoney's update

This message approved by hortohoney...

S

StrikeitRich

As overgrown looking as that is. Props on doing it big time. Luv the dual lighting system u got going. All looking big and tastey.

Peace,
S i R

S

StrikeitRich

How far along are them ladies anyway?

Stretch looks bout done.. Lets hope?
There is so much equptment in one tent there.

I have always heard Train Wreck was a little on the stretch side of plants. Guess this proves that.

Peace,
S i R

Xrancher

Xrancher

Hey S i R, I'll ask hortohoney how many days since she flipped...she sprayed for spider mites...seemed to kill em...but the flowers aren't filling in like I think they should...I'll take some more pics before lights out this morning.

Xrancher

Top Bottom