Hot pink hairs on unknown outdoor plant. Strain?

• Thread starter Aprovi
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Aprovi

Aprovi

I’m growing this plant outdoors and the strain name is unknown. The thrichombs are really cloudy so I plan on harvesting soon when they are amber.

The plant has hot pink hairs all over. I’m wondering if anyone has any idea what strain this could be based on the pink hairs? The plant seems to be very close to fully mature.

Hot pink hairs on unknown outdoor plant strain
Ponky

Ponky

Screenshot 20210926 112950 Chrome
a very thorough and careful inspection is in order good sir.

And I am only guessing. But strawberry cough can have said coloring.

Frankster

Frankster

Never trust a doctor who's plants have died.
Supporter
Hair's naturally turn red at the end. I'd say she's got a little ways to go yet. We were talking earlier how early pink hairs could be a N vs P swap, with possible signs of N excess, but I don't know for sure, could be a strain like S. Cough like mentioned above.

But I would get all over those dead leaves before you get bud rot, that's one thing I know for sure. I would cut that entire bud out actually. It's lookin like bad bad mojo there. Then spray your plants with an anionic surfactant, (pH 7.5-8) such as glycerin or purecrop 1, that will minimize your problems.

Once that necrosis has got down to the stem it will tunnel up and down and infect the entire cola.

Last edited:
Aprovi

Aprovi

Hair's naturally turn red at the end. I'd say she's got a little ways to go yet. We were talking earlier how early pink hairs could be a N vs P swap, with possible signs of N excess, but I don't know for sure, could be a strain like S. Cough like mentioned above.

But I would get all over those dead leaves before you get bud rot, that's one thing I know for sure. I would cut that entire bud out actually. It's lookin like bad bad mojo there. Then spray your plants with an anionic surfactant, (pH 7.5-8) such as glycerin or purecrop 1, that will minimize your problems.

Once that necrosis has got down to the stem it will tunnel up and down and infect the entire cola.
Thank you great advice! I trimmed the brown leaves and sure enough there was a visible line of rot- I trimmed it after that line. Thanks

Ponky

Ponky

Got it early enough I hope. Have to carefully inspect those girls every day until harvest. In case it decides to spread.

Frankster

Frankster

Never trust a doctor who's plants have died.
Supporter
Yea, be sure to clean up well also. Hopefully, you didn't spread anything. I was going to say take some saran wrap, or a paper towel, or something similar, and grab that shit, then excise it with your tools, taking great care. Clean up your tools also, so your not spreading that crap everywhere.

I would highly suggest getting something, anything, then going back in there and cleaning the area up. Castile soap, maybe with a little corn, vegetable, or canola oils (a little) say 1TBSP each, per 1L, and spray. You could even use some hydrogen peroxide, or even Iso (not recommended), but certainly you could wipe some in the stem line, and kill anything that remains.

The best way is the Glycerin, or PC1 as suggested above. Even mixing some of the Glycerin with corn/canola oil is a great mixture. (The best IMO. using about 15% oil/glycerin) 2TBS/L H20, I'm going to make a thread on this subject in depth sometime, and lay out some of the options. Cause most people have much of what they need sitting in their kitchen or bathroom cabinet, and those expensive concoctions are just that, expensive.

This stuff is certainly top notch, but @$36, per 16/oz, it's expensive, for some. Glycerin is cheaper, cleaner, and overall better IMO. at under $7. The PC1 has a sorta vanilla smell to it, while the Glycerin is utterly odorless. Zero smell.

Latest posts

Top Bottom