Hot Shot Pest Strips

• Thread starter saltwater
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
saltwater

saltwater

so I bought hot shot pest strips to kill spider mites. I have a tent that is indoors and is vented out the window.

Would the strip be safe if all the flaps are closed on the sides?

The instructions say not to do it indoors. But I figured since my tent vents outdoors it would be fine. I have no plants in the tent right now and I figure it would be a good time to get rid of the little bastards .

Z

zombywolf

Dont use pest strips at all. The chemicals within cause cancer, and a few bugs arent worth it. A little snap, crackle
and pop are better than cancer.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
So, just an empty tent? If it's just an empty tent, I think you'll be ok. But, hang them high, the dichlorvos is heavier than air and so it tends to drop toward the ground.

saltwater

saltwater

So, just an empty tent? If it's just an empty tent, I think you'll be ok. But, hang them high, the dichlorvos is heavier than air and so it tends to drop toward the ground.

Yeah I wanted to hang it in an empty tent in the house. I just didn't know if any of the chemical or whatever is inside of it would seep out of the tent. I have it venting outside and all.

Basically just wondering if it's ok to use in the house as long as it's in the tent. I wouldn't think it would be able to seep out but I don't have any experience with this product.

saltwater

saltwater

I read that it doesn't leave a residual. I would be using it in an empty tent to kill any possible mites that may be hanging on. I tried bleach and alchol last but it didn't seem to work .

I plan to use the strips and spray down the tent with water as well. Because I read that it breaks down in water. Just in case there are risiduals. Not sure. This is my first time trying this product but after fighting mights for 6 months I think it's time for something a little stronger than alcohol or bleach

I just need to know if it would be safe to use in a tent rhat is inside my house or is it able to seep out of my tent somehow and cause harm

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
If your tent is able to be sealed to the point where you can create positive or negative pressure within, depending on which way you've got your ventilation fan pointed, it should be sealed up enough to be safe to use in this instance. That said, I would keep the ventilation fan hooked up and ventilate before entering, just to be on the safe side. To the best of my knowledge dichlorvos does not leave a residue.

Bleach ain't gonna do it with the mites, either. The iso can, but you've gotta be very, very thorough and very, very diligent. It becomes a new religion.

Top Bottom