Hours of REAL sunlight - flowering stage

• Thread starter jbo420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
J

jbo420

Hi all. I have an Afghan Big Bud photoperiod that’s doing great. I just started feeding her (every 7-10 days) Dynagro Bloom 3-12-6 since she’s just starting to flower. See pics.

My question is this: She only gets about 7 hours of DIRECT sunlight each day given location (in ground, can’t move her) SO… since I’ve heard/read that 12/12 is optimal for flowering stage, should I expect that the flowers will not grow to full potential since ONLY getting 7 hrs direct vs 12? Is 7 of direct solid enough since it’s ‘real’ sunlight vs indoor lights? Thanks.

Hours of real sunlight   flowering stage
Hours of real sunlight   flowering stage 2
Hours of real sunlight   flowering stage 3
Imzzaudae

Imzzaudae

Relax bud. Very nice pant and she will do fine on the light she is getting. Just keep her on the 3-12-6 and everything will be fine. I'd give her some wood ash water as in this video. 2 cups pr gallon of water.
This will help big time! Soak the ground around this plant with this every time you water.

Last edited:
J

jbo420

Well here we are a couple weeks later. See pics. Switched over to the heavier P & K nutrients and seems things are developing nicely I think.

But I have a couple of questions. Number one, should I go a little heavier on the potassium? The Dyna Gro I’m now using is 3-12-6. I’ve heard the potassium actually will help the flowers themselves grow bigger/fuller and more dense, whereas the phosphorus is more for quantity of flowers themselves. Perhaps increase potassium only a bit?

Second question, what are the yellow dots I am just starting to see on some of the fan leaves? I haven’t seen those before flowering started. Is that because I’m cutting back on nitrogen or is it possibly some heat stress because we had several 100+ degree days last week? What else could the other spots signify? Thanks!

IMG 3251
IMG 3249
IMG 3248
IMG 3247
IMG 3246
GoldenDragondnw

GoldenDragondnw

Supporter
You'll be fine. Outdoor is hard to get the 12/12 like indoors. But as long as it gets at least 6 hours of full sun a day it'll flower like it should.

GoldenDragondnw

GoldenDragondnw

Supporter
Idk about your spots tho. You'll want to find out what's causing that. Some closer pics will help others out.

J

jbo420

Not sure how much closer I can zoom in, but here’s one (attached) if it helps. I should also note that not all fan leaves have these yellow spots on them. Maybe about 30% of them do with the other ones all lush green.

Also, any thoughts on the potassium question?

IMG 3249
J

jbo420

Found this.

Not entirely certain that it’s leaf Septoria, but it certainly seems to be right along those lines. Apparently leaf Septoria doesn’t affect flowers/buds so I may just get away with this even if it really starts attacking a lot of the leaves. Should be about 3 to 4 more weeks until harvest I’m estimating?

MisterHelix

MisterHelix

Found this.

Not entirely certain that it’s leaf Septoria, but it certainly seems to be right along those lines. Apparently leaf Septoria doesn’t affect flowers/buds so I may just get away with this even if it really starts attacking a lot of the leaves. Should be about 3 to 4 more weeks until harvest I’m estimating?
If it is Leaf Septoria the spots will grow and can further infect the plant. The leaves can turn yellow and cease to provide nutrients. The spores are in your soil. I use straw mulch to keep the soil covered, and stay with neem to prevent some infection .

I strip them all off, and take them away from the area, but I don’t wait until it’s so far advanced.

This is a leaf from my first outdoor grow. Hadn’t heard of Septoria yet.
F9BBE43A D9D6 41EF A05D 3C062DEE7B19

J

jbo420

Well in any case, I like to think that with only 3 to 4 weeks to go until harvest the buds themselves won’t be horribly affected and even if the rest of the plant/leaves looks kind of crappy/spotty/yellow by that point it’s my hope that the buds themselves will be in pretty good shape by the time I whack the plant at the base to hang the whole thing up to dry/clip/cure! I’ve attached a couple more pics of her from about 5 feet away, and a couple zooms in on the colas at the top. I only topped her once by the way, and it worked out pretty well!

IMG 3254
IMG 3255
IMG 3256
IMG 3257

Latest posts

Top Bottom