House and Garden Aqua Flakes - suggestions

• Thread starter Xceptional
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
X

Xceptional

shit i hope so to! you are right though anything can happen and just because the Jordan of the site has no issues really doesn't mean much i need a few noobs to co-sign lol. cuts are in cloner and more are popping daily. should have it started up by no later then the beginning of the week.

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
And believe me, if they need Cal-Mag I am givin it to them, they just have yet to need it in my setups.

Toss a recir pump or an airstone in the res, helps alot to keep the nutes homoginous

Tex

X

Xceptional

And believe me, if they need Cal-Mag I am givin it to them, they just have yet to need it in my setups.

Toss a recir pump or an airstone in the res, helps alot to keep the nutes homoginous

Tex

yep i planned on adding my cloner pump to my res as soon as the cuts come out. i do have a air stone as well but I was still up in the air about that i guess if you say its good it will save me from calling tech support to confirm it is ok since they said it was not at one point. i should probably see what the max head is on this cheapo 396gph i want to make sure it is causing enough movement.

X

Xceptional

I would run a minimum of 8 weeks and then flush, you loose alot if you start flushing in week 6 amd 7.

I run the chart but stay away from the shooting powder, causes more problems than good IMO, super hot stuff.

I am runnin all still and love the results, spamks AN in the buckets for sure.

Tex

i forgot to ask Tex, if you say stay away from the shooting powder are you replacing it with something else or just leaving it out?

I'm going all out and trying things i was afraid to try before this rip. I'll be turning the dehumidifier off as well and just let it go and see what happens. if i rot I'll just sell it to kids and tell them the strain is named Basement funk OG lol j/k I'm med not selling to anyone if it fails.

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
Airstones are no problem with H&G, I put way more air in it now than you will ever do and it is golden..

I do not use anything to replace the shooting powder, trust me the shooting powder works it is just to sensetive and touchy so I avoid the hassle all together.

Cal-Mag is absolutely required when running coco and H&G

Tex

X

Xceptional

lol yeah wtf was i thinking your UC is pumping air in there and it's working fine. when the xxl13 systems come out I'm going to put my pennies together and pick one up if i can find a good room to set it up in. thanks again man for the help

ilikepot

ilikepot

Hey TK,
Do you use anything to replace the Shooting powder? I was useing the Shooting Powder but in week seven when you use 2 packs for 25 gal my ph started to creep up up up. Also there was a kind of crust on the bottom of the res. So I dumped and flushed and went with A and B Aqua Flakes and I added overdrive from AN. Everything looks good Still putting on weight but the PH is now solid at 6.0. One more question. Have you or anyone noticed a slight rise in PH when useing Roots Excelerator and great white. Oh I also hear useing Big bud while useing Top Shooter is a NO NO.
ilikepot

dayday

dayday

Premium Member
Supporter
Root ex make my ph unstable in the res, i only use it for cuttings and soaking rockwools.. but all there line rocks...

dayday

UCMENOW

UCMENOW

Canna All Day

Turns out Canna Boost is a very water culture compatible carbohydrate. It's missing in the H&G regime but can be used with pretty much any nute. It's a byproduct of the sugar processing industry called Vinasse, cool shat, google it.

IMO..... the Canna line of products will outperform House & Garbage any day of the week...Coco or Aqua Fakes ;) Well except for Roots Excel..... :(

Same formulator for both....has anyone done a side by side?

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
Turns out Canna Boost is a very water culture compatible carbohydrate. It's missing in the H&G regime but can be used with pretty much any nute. It's a byproduct of the sugar processing industry called Vinasse, cool shat, google it.

IMO..... the Canna line of products will outperform House & Garbage any day of the week...Coco or Aqua Fakes ;) Well except for Roots Excel..... :(

Same formulator for both....has anyone done a side by side?

Forgetting about BudXL???

UCMENOW

UCMENOW

Hmmm.

Bingo....I didn't realize that's a carbo, duh.

Any side x sides out there?

BTW...en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vinasse

X

Xceptional

well as promised i ran to schedule followed the rules and i got a def going on! i'm not sure what's up maybe i got a bad batch because i ran to schedule and started seeing def. added mag/cal and still seeing def. ec about 2 (1400 ppm). got a 12" air wand in res and a 220 gph pump laying in the bottom of the res just to circulate things. had ph around 5.6 but now i've let it creep to 5.9 and it's like a rock wont move a bit from 5.9 no creeping either way. thinking may be P? what cha think???

started showing at week 4 on 4 different strains in the same ebb and grow system.

PDS Leaf 1 bad apple
F

FileError404

Anyone know where the "Don't run air stones in your res with H & G" fact/rumor comes from? About to order a $200 air-pump, and I'm switching from Canna Aqua to H & G Aqua Flakes (less than half price) so not sure if I should still run air in my res.

Thanks!

I

instantkarma

Anyone know where the "Don't run air stones in your res with H & G" fact/rumor comes from? About to order a $200 air-pump, and I'm switching from Canna Aqua to H & G Aqua Flakes (less than half price) so not sure if I should still run air in my res.

Thanks!

It was a misprint in an old advertisement. They've cleared it up. I'm running the whole H&G line with airstones and it works perfectly.

J

Jalisco Kid

I got a batch when they first came out. I called Humboldt then Europe about it. I was told it was because of foam. I believe nutes fall out because it is too cheap to add a defoamer to the formula. I then believe they let it go because we do not do leaf samples to test their product. I believe the product works until you push the plants like growing trees. I am only talking about A and B base nutes. I do not buy any ones bloom boosters so I have never tested those products.
If you follow their schedule you are taking a lot of N late into flowering.
JK

P

Punk

I got a batch when they first came out. I called Humboldt then Europe about it. I was told it was because of foam. I believe nutes fall out because it is too cheap to add a defoamer to the formula. I then believe they let it go because we do not do leaf samples to test their product. I believe the product works until you push the plants like growing trees. I am only talking about A and B base nutes. I do not buy any ones bloom boosters so I have never tested those products.
If you follow their schedule you are taking a lot of N late into flowering.
JK

Do you know if the GH 3 part has defoamer? I use it now, but in ebb flow. I plan on making the switch to growing trees, I was planning on running Canna.

Top Bottom