House and Garden Aqua Flakes - suggestions

• Thread starter Xceptional
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
F

FileError404

I'll switch to H & G from canna, just checked what I need. So there is no different A&B Aqua flakes for veg and flower like canna grow and bloom? One a/b formula for the entire grow?

thanks

H

hailo

I'll switch to H & G from canna, just checked what I need. So there is no different A&B Aqua flakes for veg and flower like canna grow and bloom? One a/b formula for the entire grow?

thanks

There is no difference in veg nutes and flower nutes....One A/B for the whole grow...

F

FileError404

Thanks a lot hailo!

I was a little confused, coming from Gh and 3 part formula that changes drastically in flower and Canna A&B Veg & Bloom. Still confused really... The A and B parts in the H&G are always fed the same amount, (according to their feed chart) regardless of veg or flower, just the dosing for both goes up. Any botanist genius want to explain this? :) JK mentioned that it takes too much N into flower, that would make sense. How would one correct this?

Sorry...rambling...XJ-13...very... "brainy" :D

B

Bobby_604

No question is a stupid question......

Is it normal for A to be brown and B to be clear?

X

Xceptional

No question is a stupid question......

Is it normal for A to be brown and B to be clear?

yeah so make sure you shake up A really well but i dont see much reason to shake up B really the shit looks just like water you see no separation if it sits (in my experiences) but just out of habit and good practice i always shook it but it seems to leak easily.

devious d

devious d

Ran the full line in my 20 pot flood and drain, with the same a and b for veg and flower well handy just additives as and when needed the only thing i didnt use was the cleaner sent my friends leafes really yellow. And only used one sachet of the shooting powder, i love canna but would use h&g again, horses for courses, h&g for my flood and drain, canna for organics

X

Xceptional

my run ran like shit. i showed the def's i saw at 4 weeks into bloom and it only got worse. i tried the following....

flush, add 30 gal ro and florakleen 1/2 stregnth flush again and then fill res and add nutes
add 1/2 stregnth MagiCal
add full stregnth MagiCal
bumped base nutes (since they hold the micros) up to about 2EC

nothing worked i did not get nearly the production i should have out of my room in fact the lucas formula showed less def and produced more bud.

i also tried running 75% of recommended A&B on schedule since some people recommend that. when that didnt work i went to 100% then to 125% and no matter what still same issues.....

i'm going back to lucas for now.....

H

hailo

Xceptional,

I would give AF another try.....this time, use calmag starting in veg, and screw the chart...

X

Xceptional

i had ZERO issues in veg no def until 4th week of flower. i ran the chart exactly with

MultiZen
Top Booster
Bud XL
Shooting Powder
Drip Clean
and even added Great White.

my plants drink 10 gallons a day I'm not dropping $500 again to have a shitty run when i can spend about 1/5th of that and get a better run just using 1 part GH Micro to 2 parts GH Bloom with no boosters, carbos etc......

X

Xceptional

the only praise i have is a ROCK SOLID ph at 5.9 and a VERY clean res at each flush thanks to drip clean. i'll dump my res looking like koolaide with too much sugar in it thanks to GH's salts and have a better run with more bud then praise a clean res and a more stable ph.

K

Kush321

I definately like the clean res. I use other brands for my enzyme, bloom, and overdrive.
And a stable ph is always awesome

H

hailo

i had ZERO issues in veg no def until 4th week of flower. i ran the chart exactly with

Drop the chart....its a good guideline....it works for some....but not all...

your plants will tell you what they want....listen to them, not some guy a few pics

H

hailo

flush, add 30 gal ro and florakleen 1/2 stregnth flush again and then fill res and add nutes
add 1/2 stregnth MagiCal
add full stregnth MagiCal
bumped base nutes (since they hold the micros) up to about 2EC

i also tried running 75% of recommended A&B on schedule since some people recommend that. when that didnt work i went to 100% then to 125% and no matter what still same issues.....

EDIT:
YOUR experience with HG wasnt good...and in the end, thats all that matters....what works for YOU

doesnt mean HG is a bad base

hella high and rambling... :passingjoint:

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
new guy wondering what I got myself into with this HG

first off Id like to say - long time lurker, first time poster.

lots of great info here!

. I believe the product works until you push the plants like growing trees. I am only talking about A and B base nutes. I do not buy any ones bloom boosters so I have never tested those products.
If you follow their schedule you are taking a lot of N late into flowering.
JK

I am a long time GH three part guy and recently gave running the full HG line a try in coco dtw. I am 2 weeks into flowering and all seems to be going well, though I was wondering why HG doesnt schedule the nutes to back off the N, and the idea of feeding them up until harvest w/o a fluxh is very foreign to me.

Any suggestions on what would be the best way to back off my nitrogen? It seems like the part A has lots of micro nutes in it and I dont want to starve my girls. Most of what I have read about HG says to just follow the charts though it seems counter intuitive to me to do so.

also about shooting powder being hot, arent most boosters of this type generally hot? ie: Kool Bloom - I tend to use certain boosters way more diluted then their labels suggest. a little goes a long way with products like kool bloom or phospaload. Im thankful for the heads up about the shooting powder, lots of threads heres tout that stuff as being the shit.

T

Thundurkel

The N drops when you get to the Shooting Powder and drop the base nutes to half and peak you flowering. Then lowering your ppms over the next week and flush for 2 and you will have a fade just like you want... Tests have shown now our plants want that N later in flower and more K with the P being the lowest so shit has been wrong for a long time.. I'm seein dudes pull 6-8 oz plants in 2gal pots with Aqua Flakes I think the trick is using Cal Mag at half strength in weeks 2 and 3 of flowering... Also RO water will give problems H&G is made for tap water they stated it on the site if it was made for RO then all customers would need to buy a RO machine which isn't a good thing cuz they wouldn't get as many customers. You want to start out with water that has a ppm of 100-150 from what I've seen. My tap water is 70-90 ppms and I've had nothing but great gorgeous plants.. I've tried PBP,Flora Nova, CES 3part and H&G is the best one IMO for quality and ease of use....

M

masonite420

Run what you need to reach your desired range of PPM

Your PPM's will vary depending on the type of water you use and the additives that you are using. Your best bet is to add a low amount of Aqua A&B and then the additives. Test your PPM's and if they are too low, just add A&B at 1ml. per gallon until you reach the right level. When all else fails follow PPM's not the chart.

http://sdhydroponics.com/

D

dynamitejack

MultiZen
Top Booster
Bud XL
Shooting Powder
Drip Clean
and even added Great White.

my plants drink 10 gallons a day I'm not dropping $500 again to have a shitty run when i can spend about 1/5th of that and get a better run just using 1 part GH Micro to 2 parts GH Bloom with no boosters, carbos etc......

When dealing with nutrient problems; 9 times out of 10 it is the grower that is the problem!

S

steelyeyes

I'm following the chart for aggressive feeding to the T on well water with a full dose of Cal Mag and my girls are blowing the doors off of the room. I don't have anything bad to say about any of the H&G line and I have used three others including the GH 3 part Kool aid junk. I'm sure the others work OK but nothing like this line. I'm also sure that other quality lines of nutes work too but I'm not messing with what I've got now.

Peacheater81

Peacheater81

How much Cal Mag+ should you add if you are ebb adn flowing coco with Aqua Flakes?

Top Bottom