House and garden leafy results?

• Thread starter cubby
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
cubby

cubby

Ive been using the house and garden 10 week schedule. I run lots of supplemental blue CMH lights along with my HPS. Things looked great, plants just didnt stop leaf growth and the nodes up top continued to grow, almost like mini side branches. I thought this might had to do with H&G not calling for any budxl until week 5. Has anyone noticed it takes house and garden longer to ramp up the flower production? The bottoms of my plants are starting to fill in, but the tops are looking leafy. Any help? I still have 2 weeks left, but if things dont pull thru, imma switch lines.

This strain has a high calyx to leaf ratio, and ive never had this much leaf until switched to house and garden. In fact all 3 strains are growing with same characteristics. things are just starting to seem to fill in, but i also have some plants that are much further behind(focusing on leaf growth even more than rest" shits just odd to me.

Ive been hitting them hard with MOAB/Hammerhead combo the past week.

this was 10 days ago
House and garden leafy results

7 days ago
House and garden leafy results 2

showing bottoms starting to fill in
House and garden leafy results 3

here are some of the tops.SO MUCH LEAF WTF!!??
you can see the pistils halfway up the bud starting to show.My iphone broke
House and garden leafy results 4

Why are my plants growing so retarted?

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Shit, I sure see what you mean. I don't use H&G, so best I can do is give you good bump.

midwestdensies

midwestdensies

Ive heard of people taperin back the a with a 6/9 ratio to their b base. Also heard a member here say folks used only b after week 4-5. I do agree they have a skewed chart but thats dialing. Sorry your having such hard trouble, i hope they snap back for you homie.

xX Kid Twist Xx

xX Kid Twist Xx

Premium Member
Supporter
looks like to much Nitrogen for sure. if a plant is getting to much N alot of times instead of brunt tips and clawing you will get leaf growth and smaller buds. has your light schedual been perfect, i mean not left on by mistake or turned on to early and what not? i ask cause i see alot of single bladed leaves

sixstring

sixstring

Looks like heavy n to me also but too much water could do that in soil plants also.h & g is one I've never used.

Ladyv

Ladyv

FWIW, I've used H&G on several strains, mostly OG's, and in coco/perlite mix. Compared to runs done with AN products, or H16 & Aptus, all same strains, I can't say H&G made things any more leafy. It could be your genetics or... ?

Confuten1

Confuten1

exploitin strengths - perfectin weaknessess
Supporter
Ive been using H&G for a couple yrs now, running the chart formula and also tapering down the part a( most of the n). Ive never had that happen to me even with leafy strains def not with high calx to leaf ratio strains. This round i ran equal part a and b bud xl top booster and for the first time hammer head moab combo. Ive never had better results. Big chunky buds low leaf.

First thing i thought when i saw ur pixs( specifically bottom buds forming and tops not filling in) is hows your temps? 2nd thing i thought is do u have any light leakes, plants look like they are reveging( ive seen growth like that when i takes clones during flowering and they have buds on them. Jus thinkin out loud.
Confu

cubby

cubby

Well fuck me, I followed the schedule like everyone ive talked to told me. I fed every watering as directed. I maxed out on 20ML of each per gallon. This really hit me below the waste, as borrowed money to finish this crop. I saw no burning, I called house and garden numerous times, they said it takes longer for there product to ramp up. Thats for sure. Im so upset. Ive never had results this poor, and ive never shelled out this amount of money for nutrients in the process

BudGoggles

BudGoggles

You maxed out on 20 ml of each per gallon ...... Dam thats a lot may be part of the problem
Check for light leaks bro
I just did two back to back grows with H&G and I didnt have any leaf problem there nutes are good

cubby

cubby

20ml is a lot! I was told time and time again to follow the schedule. my ppms never went over 13000. I stopped feeding a week ago. This sucks.

Confuten1

Confuten1

Supporter
i could be wrong but i dont remember 20 ml per A&B on any of H&G nute schedule.
confu

Confuten1

Confuten1

Supporter
the highest i go is 12 ml a anb 12 ml B. most of the ppm in in the A part.
confu

cubby

cubby

Ten week feed chart calls for 19ml week 5-6 for the normal
and 21ml for aggressive. everyone said yah no worries burning plants using drip clean, indeed i didnt burn. I wish i would have saw signs of something.

cubby

cubby

This is my first AND LAST run with house and garden.
Im going with a much more simple and cost effective regimen.
Will let you guys in if your interested

buddahslave

buddahslave

This is my first AND LAST run with house and garden.
Im going with a much more simple and cost effective regimen.
Will let you guys in if your interested
I think maybe you need a little more patients with H&G, it's different in the way it grows the plants and it takes longer to see what the end product is going to be. You will be flowering much longer than normal because the H&G nute is a veg formula, that's why you use it for both veg and flower. What its doing is growing your buds way larger than normal and it will take way longer to do this, but your harvest will be way larger than normal. My first run with them took 11 weeks on a 8 week strain and the leaves were huge, I too was upset until I got the largest harvest I have ever had. I test lots of nutes and I have yet to get close to the house and gardens numbers. I suggest you ride it out and see the end result through and then decide if it is for you or not. Right now im testing heavy 16 mix with some AN, but once i'm done H&G will be my base nute. Hope this helps you:cigar:

https://www.thcfarmer.com/community/threads/kryptonite-under-construction.51181/

baba G

baba G

bean sprouts are tasty
Ive been using the house and garden 10 week schedule. I run lots of supplemental blue CMH lights along with my HPS. Things looked great, plants just didnt stop leaf growth and the nodes up top continued to grow, almost like mini side branches. I thought this might had to do with H&G not calling for any budxl until week 5. Has anyone noticed it takes house and garden longer to ramp up the flower production? The bottoms of my plants are starting to fill in, but the tops are looking leafy. Any help? I still have 2 weeks left, but if things dont pull thru, imma switch lines.

This strain has a high calyx to leaf ratio, and ive never had this much leaf until switched to house and garden. In fact all 3 strains are growing with same characteristics. things are just starting to seem to fill in, but i also have some plants that are much further behind(focusing on leaf growth even more than rest" shits just odd to me.

Ive been hitting them hard with MOAB/Hammerhead combo the past week.

this was 10 days ago
View attachment 334987

7 days ago
View attachment 334988

showing bottoms starting to fill in
View attachment 334989

here are some of the tops.SO MUCH LEAF WTF!!??
you can see the pistils halfway up the bud starting to show.My iphone broke
View attachment 334990

Why are my plants growing so retarted?
Don't blame the nutrition. So many people in Humboldt use that line up and crush it!!!
The fact that you gave stunted, struggling plants a heavy dose of Hammerhead/MOAB for a week is prob a huge part of the lock up your seeing now.

baba G

baba G

bean sprouts are tasty
And if you used 21ml/gal of the feed with that hammerhead/moab you really overdid it way too hard, imo

REally look like insane amounts of nitrogen with that leafy top growth.

baba G

baba G

bean sprouts are tasty
Well fuck me, I followed the schedule like everyone ive talked to told me. I fed every watering as directed. I maxed out on 20ML of each per gallon. This really hit me below the waste, as borrowed money to finish this crop. I saw no burning, I called house and garden numerous times, they said it takes longer for there product to ramp up. Thats for sure. Im so upset. Ive never had results this poor, and ive never shelled out this amount of money for nutrients in the process
I feel that the charts are a basis for following ratios and trigger points in the cycle but you really gotta listen to the plants ultimately. They let you know if you are going down the right path typically, imo

stickyfing3rs

stickyfing3rs

i pretty much use straight aquaflakes, everything is always happy. only time i run into problems is when i start fucking with additives. I'm sure they really do help if your in tune with your plants like baba said, but not me. i think mine must speak Spanish.

Latest posts

Top Bottom