House And Garden Nutrients Questions

• Thread starter samwise
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

samwise

anyone used house and garden cocos before?
seems the guidelines are a really hot mix!
is says 2 ml per l for example , is this 2ml a and 2ml b? so 4ml per liter total.
the ph seems to be right on without adjusting after i mix her up,
i always thought you want to back right off on the nitrogen towards the end of a cycle but this stuff reckns the same ratio of npk right through?
im thinking the might know something i dont?
cheers in advance,

midwestdensies

midwestdensies

Clones 3.5 of a and b
Transplant into 5ml each
Ramp up and down to get ppm in check. I max out at 6 ml but run teas and really keep my environment in check. Meaning proper night temps and high rh night and day no fluctuations. Some have been known to drop a or taper down some at the end

NERDS

NERDS

@samwise

As a general rule its a good idea to start with half of what the nutrient company suggests. If the plant wants more you can always add, but taking away is a bit trickier. H&G is super hot, so make sure you keep that in mind when you are mixing -- that said when used properly its hard to find something that produces bigger yields.

The PH for H&G tends to be pretty stable until a handful of additives are brought into the mix. At that point they make a PH stabilizer though, which is fairly in-expensive and does quite a good job.

As for your nitrogen question. If you notice many other lines have a grow and bloom formula. H&G does not. So to accommodate for the lower levels of needed N in the flower phase (and also probably to sell more product), they have a separate bottle called Nitrogen Boost which is designed to be used with the base during veg and early flower.

Pay careful attention to the feeding schedule with this one and you should be just fine, just remember to start with half of what they recommend.

Happy growing!

Dr.Pepper

Dr.Pepper

try out 1Ml of A & B parts to a nutrient mix. Remember to mix it thoroughly before adding B. If your plants need more, ramp up to 2Ml of A & B Cocos.

H&G is great stuff. You will see.

DirtySanchez

DirtySanchez

The bases are low nitrogen and are basically bloom nutrients. They were made for plants flowered straight from clone which is a popular growing style in Holland (where H&G was from). These plants require far less nitrogen due to having little to no veg time. Ratios are similiar to that of the GH Lucas formula, plenty of pk and micros but lower in N. They do make a nitrogen booster as someone suggested earlier. This was designed with the American market in mind where many growers grow larger plants due to restricted plant counts. Run base lower than what the chart says. Never seen a plant that can take their recommended doses.

Latest posts

Top Bottom