House and garden nutrients Soil a/b

• Thread starter cubby
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
cubby

cubby

I made the switch to house and garden Soil a/b line. I dont exactly know how to feel about to progress of my plants. So let me give you a rundown. Ive been following the feed schedule almost to the T. I slowly started ramping my plants up as I just started with new product line to the recommended dosage.

The only thing i was subbing out was the amino treatment for protekt silica and some floralious plus. Anyways At week 2 I started using Hammerhead by advanced that is a 2-4-10. When i feed I use 1 gallon nutes 1 gallon compost tea. I continue to follow the schedule im on the 10 week cycle. add the budxl week 5 and then add top booster for 2-3 days in week 6. i just started week 7 and dropped my nutes and feed 1 gallon of hammerhead/moab combo instead of shooting powder and 1 gallon compost tea.

now what worries me is how long its taking the plants to start to fill it. I have plants where they have bottom nugs but the tops have barely started to fill in or start to show pistils. I called house and garden a few times worried and they just told me that there product takes longer to ramp up instead of trying to induce flowers before its ready. I understand on the 10 week schedule it doesn't even call for flower nutes until week 5. could that be why ive gotten so much leaf growth up top? i still see lime green growth up top. Im afraid i may have used too strong A/B by following the schedule. Im running 3 strains and all 3 are showing the same signs of leaf growth. ive grown them before and its not normal. i read what bud xl says how it stops focusing energy on leaf growth and starts with flower growth. 4 weeks into flower seems awhile to be focusing on leaf growth. Anyhow i have 3 weeks left and then im at 10 weeks. things have been really slow bud wise so far but things are ramping up everyday.

I have 10 1000watt lights and 10 400watt cmh bulbs and y room stays 80 degrees so it not heat, light leak, or lights being off.

Any insight Farmers. Ive read as my threads as I can, and i just havent been seeing people have thee issues.

Cubby

cheaplastic

cheaplastic

hard to diagnose things without misleading you. could be so many things. all i can say is, good luck bro. 10 lights is a real steep learning curve

spacebomb

spacebomb

damn,advanced LOVE PISSING ABOUT WITH THEIR NUMBERS.hammerheads a p.k booster!lol. it used to be 9/18!then 2/5! now its got a # for ,N, aswell??..omg.haha.ive STILL GOT 10,litres of the old9/18.still .oh + bigbud is an amino aswell.dear ass company. h+g,s SHOOTING POWDER,Is actually reAlly amazing.i used it at a quarter dose ONLY1 TIME + DAMN I COULDA PULLED UP A CHAIR IT STARTED TO SWELL,SWELL,IN FRONT OF MY EYES!no shit.its just the taste it leaves a sketchy chemy taste.
good luck
s-
I made the switch to house and garden Soil a/b line. I dont exactly know how to feel about to progress of my plants. So let me give you a rundown. Ive been following the feed schedule almost to the T. I slowly started ramping my plants up as I just started with new product line to the recommended dosage.

The only thing i was subbing out was the amino treatment for protekt silica and some floralious plus. Anyways At week 2 I started using Hammerhead by advanced that is a 2-4-10. When i feed I use 1 gallon nutes 1 gallon compost tea. I continue to follow the schedule im on the 10 week cycle. add the budxl week 5 and then add top booster for 2-3 days in week 6. i just started week 7 and dropped my nutes and feed 1 gallon of hammerhead/moab combo instead of shooting powder and 1 gallon compost tea.

now what worries me is how long its taking the plants to start to fill it. I have plants where they have bottom nugs but the tops have barely started to fill in or start to show pistils. I called house and garden a few times worried and they just told me that there product takes longer to ramp up instead of trying to induce flowers before its ready. I understand on the 10 week schedule it doesn't even call for flower nutes until week 5. could that be why ive gotten so much leaf growth up top? i still see lime green growth up top. Im afraid i may have used too strong A/B by following the schedule. Im running 3 strains and all 3 are showing the same signs of leaf growth. ive grown them before and its not normal. i read what bud xl says how it stops focusing energy on leaf growth and starts with flower growth. 4 weeks into flower seems awhile to be focusing on leaf growth. Anyhow i have 3 weeks left and then im at 10 weeks. things have been really slow bud wise so far but things are ramping up everyday.

I have 10 1000watt lights and 10 400watt cmh bulbs and y room stays 80 degrees so it not heat, light leak, or lights being off.

Any insight Farmers. Ive read as my threads as I can, and i just havent been seeing people have thee issues.

Cubby

spacebomb

spacebomb

oh i never thaught thiat mate eh!.its VERY CLEAR ur a pro.damn,10,000, watts of light!fk me!lol. ur like freaking KING KONG TO ME + MY 680WATTS BRO:-)LOL goodluck man.i hope youll maybee show some pics:-)?!.. if ur able. i love them big rooms like uv got.hell if it wernt for people like u i would of NEVER even picked my 1.2.tent up.its hideous.BUT REALLY TO ME.HAVING EVEN THAT IS A BIG LIFE CHANGER.i mean i wont lie+say im ripping the 5+600,g,s a meter.NOT EVEN CLOSE!maybee thats cos i mostly grow from seeds eh. but what i do get is ,mostly, organic,98% ish,.+ it does me eh.im not growing for anyone else.so yeah its tight but? hell i live in a flat so its smAll. no tent to me,means no grow.
This isnt my first grow, Ive been growing for about 5 years. This is my first run with house and garden

cubby

cubby

When do peoples buds start forming that are using H&G? Remember im using the 10 week schedule. thanks for your time farmers

Smokey503ski

Smokey503ski

• Whats up cubby? Hope all is well with you.
  • I have seen Cubby's work, he does a fine job at what he does.
  • hit me up sometime.
  • -Smokey

pussOGbrah

pussOGbrah

When do peoples buds start forming that are using H&G? Remember im using the 10 week schedule. thanks for your time farmers

Nutes shouldnt really affect this, genetics are more important in determining when buds start forming unless u use pgrs or big pk early flower...

Honestly i think H&G blows. Their coco nutes npk are totally unbalanced and i had defeciencies (ca, phos) and pale leaves when i used cocos a/b once.. Went back to the tried and true GH 3 part but kept drip clean in the lineup. Was religously using drip clean for years, dropped it a few cycles back, and my plants have never looked better. It doesnt do anything for salts or improve taste, at least in coco..So yeah those experiences made me write off H&G. Maybe its good for roses i dont kno.

Ill never use any of their products again but roots excel is OK, but i like rapid start better. Amino treatment looks OK as well and i've seen chron grown with it as a supp, but like your doing, seems easily replaced with the floralicious/protekt combo

cubby

cubby

Nutes shouldnt really affect this, genetics are more important in determining when buds start forming unless u use pgrs or big pk early flower...

Honestly i think H&G blows. Their coco nutes npk are totally unbalanced and i had defeciencies (ca, phos) and pale leaves when i used cocos a/b once.. Went back to the tried and true GH 3 part but kept drip clean in the lineup. Was religously using drip clean for years, dropped it a few cycles back, and my plants have never looked better. It doesnt do anything for salts or improve taste, at least in coco..So yeah those experiences made me write off H&G. Maybe its good for roses i dont kno.

Ill never use any of their products again but roots excel is OK, but i like rapid start better. Amino treatment looks OK as well and i've seen chron grown with it as a supp, but like your doing, seems easily replaced with the floralicious/protekt combo

The combo of House and Garden Nutes along with all the supplemental blue light i have has for sure given me a much leafier product. it has focussed a lot of energy on leaf production instead of bud development

Smokey503ski

Smokey503ski

Which soil are you using in the first place?

When I was running H&G Coco I was killing it. Never tried there soil line up so can't offer advice on it.

Out of all the soil I used, I found that Blackjack was the easiest and turned out the best overall. It what I was using back in the day when Big Blue was around. I did the Blackberry in it and that was pretty nice.
Are you amending your own soil or just out of the bag stuff? If your amending it, what with?

Latest posts

Top Bottom