House and garden or botanicare?

• Thread starter natedowg2000
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
N

natedowg2000

Looking to change nutrients I think I've narrowed down to either the botanicare KIND series or the house and garden aqua flakes, just checking in here to see if anyone has Input on these?

I can get a great deal on house and garden right now so I was leaning more that way just due to the pricing. 5L of both A and B for like $50 or 20L each for total $103 plus shipping or gas to drive there.

Do nutrients go bad?
So if I get the 20L I don't want to waste 15L cause it went bad, only running 4 plants currently.

ACSippi

ACSippi

Let me look real quick...

You gotta check with the manufacturer about expiration. I asked General Hydroponics a long time ago and they said theirs never expire if stored properly. I buy 5 gallons of bloom and I've had it for years now, will have it for a lot more years too lol.

ACSippi

ACSippi

OMG! That Botanicare Kind is poisonous! Wear a hazmat suit! That's all I saw, I didn't look any further for any other information.

Aqua flakes isn't the type of Nutrients you're looking for. It's made to be used with PGRs. That's a hella no-no. Worse than Botanicare!

N

natedowg2000

OMG! That Botanicare Kind is poisonous! Wear a hazmat suit! That's all I saw, I didn't look any further for any other information.

Aqua flakes isn't the type of Nutrients you're looking for. It's made to be used with PGRs. That's a hella no-no. Worse than Botanicare!
Well just checking the house and garden page answered my expiration question, missed that blatantly obvious sentence at the end.

How do you tell its made to be used with PGR's, theyre disclaimer said no synthetic PGR's, dye, or heavy metals. Link below.

ACSippi

ACSippi

Ya gotta be careful with salesmen, anything in the weed world for that matter...I see metals too...

Screenshot 20240214 082253 Brave
N

natedowg2000

Ya gotta be careful with salesmen, anything in the weed world for that matter...I see metals too...
Thanks,

I think the multi-zen below is what it's referring to for the stimulant, looks like it contains ammonium nitrate, nitric acid, and potassium hydroxide. Based in the SDS sheet.

Smokey0418

Smokey0418

I would think you will be able to find an msds for each fertilizer about it’s dangers.

Companys can’t be taking blame for folk drinking it or rubbing there rubber gloves in there eyes.

On a side note , Botanicare Kind has and still works great for me.

Z

Zill

Man, those Botanicare folks got you by the short hairs.

Imagine that charging $51.00 1 gallon of 3-2-4, N-P-K. I’ll bet there is about $1.50 worth of salt in every gallon jug. Bunch of crap.

ACSippi

ACSippi

I would think you will be able to find an msds for each fertilizer about it’s dangers.

Companys can’t be taking blame for folk drinking it or rubbing there rubber gloves in there eyes.

On a side note , Botanicare Kind has and still works great for me.
Yeah a lot of stuff is poisonous, some isn't, if you check General Hydroponics M-f-g it's just nutrients, that's why they say it's 'beyond organic.' Any other additive is mostly gimmics, that's where a lot of the dangerous stuff comes from too.

Cannabis is the best plant in the world to clean the enviroment, they suck up anything with their roots, even metals and poisons. What you put into the rez gets uptaken by the plant.

HTG, I love that place, great company! They do sell anything tho and you gotta be careful what nutrient products you purchase. Cannabis only needs like 16 compounds to grow perfectly naturally but will uptake (don't quote me here) 200 compounds, maybe 518? I can't remember.

Poisonous stuff won't hurt you short term but what about long term? Nutrient companies will make what people want. Most ferts are made for other stuff, PGRs are for grass and succulents...to please our Eyes but work great in cannabis which we smoke (if eaten PGRs are a lot safer).

My point is, if cannabis only needs 16 things why add more?

Z

Zill

Nate,

Buy dry powders and make it yourself. Never buy water and pay shipping on top of those ridiculous prices.

N

natedowg2000

Nate,

Buy dry powders and make it yourself. Never buy water and pay shipping on top of those ridiculous prices.
Oof, my research on the dry side is zero, where should I start?

ACSippi

ACSippi

Oof, my research on the dry side is zero, where should I start?
Have you looked into GH? It's cheap, safe, doesnt expire, used by NASA, 'beyond organic,' and I can show you pics from years ago to today of beautiful buds grown strictly using the GH Trio and nothing else.

I'm all about keeping it simple for best results.

N

natedowg2000

Have you looked into GH? It's cheap, safe, doesnt expire, used by NASA, 'beyond organic,' and I can show you pics from years ago to today of beautiful buds grown strictly using the GH Trio and nothing else.

I was just looking at them, the supplier I was looking at for H&G had the pretty pricey. I'm checking with a local supplier now.

N

natedowg2000

FloraNova series?

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

What’s the matter? Don’t like clowns? 🤡
Supporter
@greenleafnutrients

Mega crop fertilizer
Sea kelp extract
And bud candy.

I use 3 things all grow.
It’s cheap. And brings the fire. Super versatile if you run a ton of different strains. And will feed an army of the same cultivar like nothing.
$18 per 3.5lb bag. I use 85 grams every 4 days. It lasts me longer than any bottles or nutrient line.

ACSippi

ACSippi

Latest posts

Top Bottom