House and Garden Questions

• Thread starter tortuga1503
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
tortuga1503

tortuga1503

Hey everyone! Well I recently started running h&g with some additives. My plants look awsome very healthy. This is my 1st run with these nutes. I really like how the plants are growing. I was using the Lucas Method adding back nutes once a week topping up with just r/o during the week. Can I do this with these nutes. I have a 100 gallon rez and would like the rez to last 4 weeks than change. Can I do this? If I can how would I bring the ppm back? I know add nutes but do I add just the a&b 1 week than add the additives the next week I just hate to see all those expensive nutes go down the drain. I have a 20 gal rez also and ran the same nutes for 2 weeks than I changed it out,but those plants in that tray looked even better than the others. Its not a cost thing or a work thing. I am just curious and I am sure I will test and find out myself Im just wondering is there any farmers doing this

dentonland

dentonland

Hey tort.
Bet you'ld like to here from jack on this but since he's not here i'll shoot. I have a 100 gallon rez.. feeding 3 3x6 tables ebb and flow style. Rule of thumb was to always change/drain and refill every week.. retopping and setting ppms and ph mid week. I use to think i had a good set up till i came here ... im changing to uc soon. good luck

tortuga1503

tortuga1503

I guess nobody uses H&G what ever or. over asking questions here.

tortuga1503

tortuga1503

by the way thanks dl atleast someone responded. thanks again

JPLord01

JPLord01

You need to change out you food every week. I do with H&G you could use drip clean and change less if you wont. Im runing MPB system so I do a rez change every week. People will help you out here you just need to give it time you posted yesterday some times it takes like 3 or 4 days for someone to respond to my post. So hang in there.

tortuga1503

tortuga1503

Thank You JP for the response and also for not making me feel like a ass or like its a dumb question. I ask alot of questions and don`t get very many replies. I am new here and don`t have any pics up. Sometimes I wonder if thats the reason why I don`t get replies? I plan on doing a grow log next run. Thanks again JP

JPLord01

JPLord01

Its cool we are all here to learn and help out if we can. Its all good bro. Just keep asking
??? people will help you out there is a lot of cool people here. Sometimes when you ask a ? have all the details like PPM,PH,ROOM TEMP,WATER TEMP, RO WATER, ROOM HUMD
all that good stuff.

tortuga1503

tortuga1503

Thank You JP I will pay more att: to details when I ask questions. If I had any problems with anything I would prolly of listed those things,but next time I ask a ? I will give details. when I built my room less than 6 months ago I made sure to dial in the enviroment so I really don`t have any problems (yet) and I do run ro,ppm 1400 on .5 scale,ph5.9 and stable,temp77.7 lights on 68.8 lights off,water temp 68,RH 48% I am using E&F w/hydroton 4 air cooled 600 hps,ac,co2 and H&G full line with a lil hydroplex,hygrozyme,b1

U

utopian

I am using H&G in a 100 gallon under current system. As far as draining/refilling goes, I drain 1/2 way through veg, again at the end of veg, again 1/2 through flower, again 1 week before harvest to flush. My veg time is four weeks and flower is 8 weeks, so I flush the system at 2 weeks, 4 weeks, 8 weeks, 12 weeks. I use Drip Clean too when the H&G schedule calls for it.

S

simos

I don't have experience with the normal H&G line, but I have used the coco line.

Everything people have said is right on. A weekly res change/cleaning is a good idea, but you can get away with longer increments, IME. Topping off the nutes is trickier than just re-filling and mixing a new batch, so add in smaller amounts in order to avoid over doing it.

One of the really nice things about the H&G line is that it's incredibly pH stable, which is a blessing when you're trying to cut down on res maintenance.

If you wanted to, you could automate the thing by rigging up a float ball and connecting your res to your water source. Then just check EC and adjust nutes biweekly.

Cheers

tortuga1503

tortuga1503

U have you been using H&G very long? Wow this is working for you thats great info Thank you much.

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
wow thats gotta be a record - you waited a whole half hour before whining that nobody answered your post

tortuga1503

tortuga1503

ML I posted this last night not a half hour before I said something. I want to learn and share what I learn not argue or fight with people here so I will ignore the whining statement. Speaking on my own behalf. If I personally don`t have anything good to say or any input to give I don`t say anything at all. Not try to prevoke fights or anger out of people but thats just me peace brother

Str8Dank

Str8Dank

if i were you I'd just bring up ppm's with base only if i was going to do this. i ran aqua flakes and I'm actually using up all the additives right now but using the lucas as the base since i had some of both left.

the tricky part is keeping with the schedule and the hormones, pk boosting additives etc aligned. when you add back you dont know what the plant has ate there could be a abundance of one nutrient for all you know and adding things like a pk boost in a adback is dangerous IMO since its very high in specific nutrients so if they barely ate any and you add more you may cause a instant issue.

for this reason it makes sense to flush every week. i do understand your feeling about it from a cost and need convenience but you are risking either burning your plants up or not giving them what they need when they need it per the schedule. i would for sure do a flush after top booster and before shooting powder if no other time because shooting powder is way to powerful to be mixing it in with a unknown npk solution.

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
ML I posted this last night not a half hour before I said something. I want to learn and share what I learn not argue or fight with people here so I will ignore the whining statement. Speaking on my own behalf. If I personally don`t have anything good to say or any input to give I don`t say anything at all. Not try to prevoke fights or anger out of people but thats just me peace brother

your right - my bad!

tortuga1503

tortuga1503

no worries ML & I`m sure theirs alot of people coming here and demanding to hurry up and waste peoples time. Must be frustrating. peace brother

jimmyhoffa59

jimmyhoffa59

I am using H&G in a 100 gallon under current system. As far as draining/refilling goes, I drain 1/2 way through veg, again at the end of veg, again 1/2 through flower, again 1 week before harvest to flush. My veg time is four weeks and flower is 8 weeks, so I flush the system at 2 weeks, 4 weeks, 8 weeks, 12 weeks. I use Drip Clean too when the H&G schedule calls for it.

It shows drip clean needed for almost every week I thought? I used it and STILL had major salts building up.

Your system with the 100 gal rez.. Check your ppms and top as needed, save yourself the wasted nutes if they were not used and flush 2-4 times during entire cycle but to each their own, with the UC like I am running only a couple flushes will do total but you need to just learn what your plants want, if they looks good, hold on and top off til they need some fresh love, you feel me?

Top Bottom