House & Garden how I saved money!

• Thread starter nightmarecreature
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
N

nightmarecreature

I just tried to order the Rhizopon. You have to buy two pounds of it. In the end it's going to cost around $80 I'm guessing with shipping. It's more specially used for commercial growing of cuttings. Two pounds is enough to last me a lifetime. I think two pounds would even last a commercial grower a long time.

Delerium

Delerium

PC keeps freezing up today.
That website will let you order said 50 dollar min order. So i was going to get some sticky traps or something.

N

nightmarecreature

Found a place to order here. I'm not sure how much shipping costs are though.

leadsled

leadsled

GrowRU
@nightmarecreature
Drip clean does not list vinegar as an ingredient.

Did you figure since it works well to clean pots and trays it would work well on plants???

White vinegar is a fungicide and most are made from petroleum products, I would not want that on or in my medicine.

When applied to the roots, it also possibly wreaked havoc on all the fungi you added.

White vinegar is Good for cleaning salts off containers.

Apple cider vinegar is natural fungicide and possibly a better choice?? + Apple cider vinegar can contain up to 30 trace elements. I know it is popular for health purposes.
fungicide = fungi death, maybe better off building up the good rather than taking a chance on killing it off.

@Delerium regarding the airpots and how to use them with coco. here is a couple pictures to help explain

Its hard to see from the pixs but I have a burn built up on the sides. the sides coco edges is about 2-3 inches higher than the middle of that pot were that trunk is. it creates a bowl that holds probably .25-.5 gals. Also its very important to hand press that coco to the sides of the pot 2-3 holes down so there is no weak spot that the water will find and eventually piss out of. if u do this u should have no problems using halos. hope this helps dude.
I feed about 1 gal per 30 seconds with a wand and pump no problem.
btw, this is the 5.5 gal pot.

confuView attachment 372603View attachment 372604
fyi, appears like you put the airpots together upside down. the closed holes go on top. then fill to the the closed holes, that allows the water to flow down.

Peace

GR33NL3AF

GR33NL3AF

Good info lead...

@Capulator do you have any info relating to sulfates and them destroying bacteria?

If this is true I need to have my well water examined immediately and re-evaluate my feeding reg.

Confuten1

Confuten1

exploitin strengths - perfectin weaknessess
Supporter
@nightmarecreature
Drip clean does not list vinegar as an ingredient.

Did you figure since it works well to clean pots and trays it would work well on plants???

White vinegar is a fungicide and most are made from petroleum products, I would not want that on or in my medicine.

When applied to the roots, it also possibly wreaked havoc on all the fungi you added.

White vinegar is Good for cleaning salts off containers.

Apple cider vinegar is natural fungicide and possibly a better choice?? + Apple cider vinegar can contain up to 30 trace elements. I know it is popular for health purposes.
fungicide = fungi death, maybe better off building up the good rather than taking a chance on killing it off.

fyi, appears like you put the airpots together upside down. the closed holes go on top. then fill to the the closed holes, that allows the water to flow down.

Peace

@leadsled yea, I didn't really notice a difference doing that as instructions suggest because if u don't compact the dirt line directly below the rows of no holes they still leak out. I usually use those none holes upside down now, it seems easier for me to put the base in (i use that as a guide mark where to line in the bottom disk up evenly) I've made the mistake of having that disk not lodged in between one row firmly and had all the medium pour out on me when i moved the pot.
glad to see u posting man.

confu

Delerium

Delerium

wutz doin confu. have u tried zip ties 2,
all I have been using so I don't strip out the holes

Confuten1

Confuten1

Supporter
wutz doin confu. have u tried zip ties 2,
all I have been using so I don't strip out the holes

chillin man, having coffee and catching up on news and the farm bumping some tunes man how bout u?
ive reused my pots bout 5-6 times and haven't noticed any stripping and i p[ut them in the same holes, but the zip tie idea is a good one man. might have to steal that if i run into problems.

confu

Delerium

Delerium

warm today single digits finally, I think i fucked up my veg, ran the ppms too high, topped out at 345 (500 sc) dropped them to 149 IMG 1247IMG 1248

Delerium

Delerium

I was relocating fans 2, I/m on a quest to get some foam insulation for 1.5 and 2" pvc for my chiller feed and return. I want to turn off the mini splits.
Have the Mitsubishis but the thermostats for them are only programable for one mode. Wont let you bounce between dehu or heat. Total BS cuz the thermostat is proprietary. Cant hook it into the Enviro Controller. They have some racket going on.

Confuten1

Confuten1

Supporter
warm today single digits finally, I think i fucked up my veg, ran the ppms too high, topped out at 345 (500 sc) dropped them to 149View attachment 373094View attachment 373095
warm huh, damm single digits, its been 70-80 here in soCal for the last month man, no rain in sight. i feel spoiled right now. kid went in the pool last week it was so warm. what state u in?

sorry to hear bout ur plants, i kno nothing of UC first hand only from what I've read. sounds like u did the right thing lowering feed. whats ur RH right now?

confu

Delerium

Delerium

warm huh, damm single digits, its been 70-80 here in soCal for the last month man, no rain in sight. i feel spoiled right now. kid went in the pool last week it was so warm. what state u in?

sorry to hear bout ur plants, i kno nothing of UC first hand only from what I've read. sounds like u did the right thing lowering feed. whats ur RH right now?

confu
62.7F 49% rh
Michigan
After this polar vortex, I might move back down south.

Confuten1

Confuten1

Supporter
I was relocating fans 2, I/m on a quest to get some foam insulation for 1.5 and 2" pvc for my chiller feed and return. I want to turn off the mini splits.
Have the Mitsubishis but the thermostats for them are only programable for one mode. Wont let you bounce between dehu or heat. Total BS cuz the thermostat is proprietary. Cant hook it into the Enviro Controller. They have some racket going on.
sounds like a busy day. I can't relate to having to deal with cold man only heat issues in the summer. sprays foam insulation is the shit but expensive.

confu

Top Bottom