House panel endorses repeal of medical marijuana law

• Thread starter MediMary
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
W

weed control

Good day Montana Growers, Caregivers and Patients,
While the House vote was extremely distressing and very disheartening, we are not beaten yet!! This is going to be a tough fight and “we the people” need to bring all instruments to bear if we are going to win this!

Milburn was right when he said that Montanans have been duped, we have been duped by the greatest majority of the politicians that we have ever voted for! They all lie to the people and make knowingly false promises to them in order to get elected; and when they win because the people voted them in, they turn their backs on the people and capitulate to big business and industry because that’s where they get their vast sums of money to line their pockets with. Do not be fooled, most politicians are criminals with a big money agenda (for themselves) that does not include “we the people”.

I do feel that we are getting closer to national legalization and that fact alone should alert folks that big industry wants to control the pie and not share with the little people because we are talking about an industry (MJ) that generates billions of dollars yearly and when there is that much money involved, a lot of politicians can be bought and controlled! If you somehow think that deals are not being currently made and that plans to harvest billions of dollars from the MJ industry are not already on the back burner of the Pharmaceutical companies, then you are very naive! I think that those who are trying to force a repeal are planning to get even wealthier by their cooperation with the Pharmaceutical companies when the time comes. This is why politicians make careers out of politics, when opportunities like this come along they are able to stash millions of dollars for themselves and greatly increase their power base for future dirty deals!!! They will justify their reversal on their position (MJ unsafe) by saying that MJ will be made safe by the professional scientist at the pharmaceutical companies because they will refine it down to remove impurities and be able to prescribe it in metered doses that will not need to be smoked, thereby, damaging the lungs of the users!!

As usual, politicians like Milburn are hyping the situation and trying to create fear, panic, and hysteria among the populace. He acts like a Baptist preacher when speaking on the floor with all of his demonstrative behavior and the tone ranges of his voice. All that is left for him now is to have an emotional crying jag to demonstrate his fear and sorrow for the children of our great state! Perhaps he flunked out of seminary school and thought that his theatrical training could best be utilized in the political ring! He smells lots of money and he wants to make sure that he gets his share!

He (and others) are trying to run the reefer madness campaign again and it makes me want to puke that anybody would take any of that ridiculous crap serious at all. And they also throw in unsubstantiated comments like drug use in our schools has skyrocketed because of MMJ, and that young girls are prostituting themselves to get marijuana. That Montana has become source country for purchasing marijuana and is equal to Mexico and other countries in production and sales. These statements are utterly ridiculous and in fact criminal because they are made in an effort to defraud! They should be held accountable when these kinds of statements are made and should be made to produce any statistics or sources that legitimately prove the statements or be found to be a liar or worse!!! We are letting them get away with too much; we need to make them accountable for what they speak!

Personally, I loathe politicians and the political system because they have been responsible for systematically disassembling the Constitution, destroying the American dream, and are forever seeking new ways to remove our freedoms to make us the wretched slaves that we have become!! Since we have not heeded the wisdom of our founding fathers and have not been vigilant to protect our great society, we must accept part of the blame for the sad condition that we find ourselves in. We allowed things to progress to this point by not participating in our system and by not holding politicians accountable and removing them once they have exposed their true nature. Unfortunately, we are going to have to get very political if we are to achieve our goal and we need to get very busy and stop being complacent! The attitude that the other guy will take care of it for me just wont do anymore; if we want this we are ALL going to have to do our part!!

Any of us that are not registered to vote need to get registered! The same with all of our friends and neighbors; even if they do not use MJ but seem to be sympathetic, we need to make sure that they are registered and then we all need to vote any time that it is available to us! The voting block will be a major factor in this fight; remember, it’s how we got here in the first place, WE voted this in! If we work hard and make our voting block large enough, we will be able to vote out, at will, any politician that would dare to stand with business and industry against “we the people”! And, we need to use our threat to vote them out at every possible opportunity, whether it be in letter, e-mail, or at any public or private meetings. They need to understand that we are fed up, we are keeping score, and we are uniting together to rid ourselves of the plague of corrupt politicians that seek to get rich at the great expense of the citizens!! We just witnessed the power of the vote when the Democrats got their butts handed to them recently! Sadly, the Republicans in Helena must have let it go to their heads because they think to go against the citizens; that’s okay though, we will use them as examples at the next elections!

We also need to understand that “party lines” won’t do in this situation either, we need to forget party loyalty (absolutely ridiculous and non productive anyway) and vote for the individual that supports our cause without reservation. We also need to be very actively demanding that our state politicians work hard to rid our state of Federal regulation with the end result being to kick the Federal Government to the curb and exercise proper State sovereignty as it should be! The Montana Firearms Act was great and our actions here gave other states the courage to do likewise and things are progressing nation wide. If we get the Federal Government’s fingers out of all of our pies we will be a vastly richer state monetarily!

I was driving to Helena the other day and there was road construction going on and they have those orange signs posting that this project costs 6.1 million dollars that was paid by the Federal Government with 0.0 dollars paid by the State and 0.0 dollars paid by the County. Great!! You are supposed to feel good about that, that no local dollars are being used and you are saving lots of money because the wonderful Federal Government is paying for it because they care so much about Montana and only want to do good for us!! Sure makes me feel warm and fuzzy!! What many people fail to realize is that we here in Montana sent that 6.1 million dollars, along with many, many more millions of dollars to the Federal Government in the first place, only for the Fed to take their majority cut and then decide how much they think we should have sent back to us and instruct us on where we will be ALLOWED to spend that money!! It’s these “unlimited funds” from the States that gives the Federal Government the power to destroy the States rights and force unwanted programs nation wide!! State sovereignty is a big deal and something that should be cherished and greatly guarded! Can you imagine how well all of the States would be doing and how great the economy and prosperity of this entire country would be if all of the States kept their own money instead of sending it to the Federal Government to be given to our enemies abroad and within, and to be wasted on brain-dead federal programs that benefit no one except government its self!!

We also need to be doing some investigating and detective work. I’m sure that most of our opponents have some ties that would be detrimental to them if they were exposed; associates in certain industries, personal partnerships, contributions from certain groups and causes, financial holdings and stocks, promises of future employment or representation?? There are many things that can be picked up on in unrelated news articles, blogs and so on. We need to keep a sharp eye and expose any info that we may find as soon as we find it.

We have a press problem also. It would seem that Lee Enterprises is hell bent on publishing every hack piece that they can possibly come up with to make the cause look bad! How many of us subscribe to a Lee Enterprises news paper?? We should all cancel our subscriptions, encourage friendly vendors to boycott their advertising and make sure that the papers know why! I have not been able to figure what Lee Enterprises has invested in this fight but they have definitely chosen sides for some reason. We need to be cultivating some friendly press outlets and utilizing them to counter all of the negative articles that go unchallenged.

Some of us will be able to be more active than others, at least as far as attending meetings or going back and forth to Helena and some of us are stuck at home and can not leave for various reasons. That’s okay! We can all do a lot right from our own desks at home. We can call on the telephone until they won’t talk to us anymore! We can e-mail them until their servers melt down! We can write letters until the mail carriers cry uncle! We can network among ourselves to speed information along, but, I think that we need to start a thread that is devoted to contact information so that we can have a place to come to that has e-mail addresses, telephone numbers, street and mailing addresses, or any information that we need to get in touch with anyone involved in this issue and on both sides. We tend to be lazy and if we have to do a lot of searching to find info we sometimes let it fall by the way. If someone starts a thread where all of this can be posted, it will make it easier for some to act and we all need all of the help that we can get!

Just some thoughts on some of the things that we need to be doing if we want to keep what we voted for. I’m sure that a lot of people are very active already and if the rest of us will get busy and do our parts we will prevail!! I have rambled way too long now so I leave you to your thoughts. Go Team!!!

M

MediMary

damn I hate republicans, now we are on the chopping block too, FTW

M

MTgrower

We all knew this was coming. What is the big shock. Republicans have sucked ass for the entirety of my lifetime.

hotRod

hotRod

sanvanalona
we need your leadership skills. You got the troops
organized and rolling for the MT cup. Lets get something
going.

-How about a 5000 person march down main street. We need to
make a very large statement. (we need to fight for this)

sanvanalona

sanvanalona

Hot rod:
I am down to do whatever I can, and believe me I am spending the majority of my time outside of the store trying to figure this out. I am down to protest, get organized and help protest.

This is my take; the repeal will pass the house and then it most likely will not make it out of the senate. In the case that it does, the governor will surely veto the bill, he has implied this a couple of times. I would like to stage a protest though if the repeal looks like it will pass the senate, 30, 000 of us CANNOT BE IGNORED! I will spend every dime I have to send anyone there and help protest. I believe that it will be necessary to stand behind the Governor so that he will feel the backing of his constituents when he does veto. The most important agenda will be to make sure that we do not let this happen in 2012. I have many things brewing so stay tuned, it is highly likely that I will take a break from care-giving and focus my energy and time on the political agenda. Thank-you for the confidence hot-rod, it is really encouraging!

hotRod

hotRod

sanvanlona
thats what I like to hear !!! let me know what I can do

PM me next time your in the bozone area. Would love to
medicate and do coffee or lunch.
sorry I missed the cup I had to be in Denver
with my wife and daughter. were going through some crazy times
peace

Top Bottom