Household Products For Ph Up Andph Down

• Thread starter oregonmellow
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
O

oregonmellow

Any farmers have any ideas?Some of the products you get at the grow stores are soo over priced.

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
vinegar or lemon juice for ph down - baking soda for ph up

if you are running a res and a recirculating system I suggest biting the bullet and getting a a commercial adjuster bc the vinegar/lemon juice adjusted mix will swing back up - likely bc of lack of buffers

if you are just making a mix and directly feeding those will be fine

O

oregonmellow

Thanx motherlode for a quick reply,I have very low Ph in my run-off water,I am in composted top-soil with perlite very good drainage but I think over-watering has been problem because I have been traveling and I water to run-off then fill their trays to hold them for 4-5 days.

O

oregonmellow

Ratio baking soda to gallon of water for Ph up,many thanx,unless there may be another solution or issue dropping my Ph low,many thanx again,Peace.

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
plants sitting in runoff for 4 days isnt the best scenario - if your roots arent healthy that can cause ph drop

as far as how much baking soda to use there is no set amount - gonna depend on your water

what ph are you watering at?

O

oregonmellow

Yes I hate to leave them but most of the time I*m here with them so I haven*t set any sort of drip /self watering system up,just over-nighted tap water runs about 6.5,then when I feed them I use a product called Thrive from Zam Zows out of Idaho,very mild and all organic,nothing high test,what*s strange only my White Widow are yellowed none of my other 4 strains but they are all different,thanks motherlode for your thoughts,Peace.

Top Bottom