Houseplant: Marijuana (What To Expect?)

• Thread starter Rian
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Rian

Rian

Hey all. Yeah, I said it. Marijuana as a houseplant. I am just wondering if my Royal Dwarf Auto Flower (Or any strain for that matter) will ultimately die, if I don't intend on harvesting the plant. What can one expect? I am the outsider of this community as my aim is not yield, but sustainable beauty of the plant.

Thank you, everyone!

TripsRabbit

TripsRabbit

You can get a small light and grow a little auto in the living room. Just defoliate most of the bottom growth and it will look like a pretty flower at the end.

Palindrome

Palindrome

Hey all. Yeah, I said it. Marijuana as a houseplant. I am just wondering if my Royal Dwarf Auto Flower (Or any strain for that matter) will ultimately die, if I don't intend on harvesting the plant. What can one expect? I am the outsider of this community as my aim is not yield, but sustainable beauty of the plant.

Thank you, everyone!
You bought an autoflower so the normal daylength sensitivity genes have been neutralized (by crossing with daylength insensitive Cannabis ruderalis). Bottom line is this plant will likely fully mature in window sill culture (if in Northern clime - you'll need supplemental light during Northern Hemisphere Winter. It doesn't care about daylenght - it just marches on from vedge through flowering. The plant is naturally an annual so it goes through the seed to seed cycle within a year. If this were not an auto-flower (syn. daylength insensitive) plant then you could keep in in vedge by never allowing it to have 12 hrs of dark period per day. Of course you can keep any plant going forever via cloning...

Rian

Rian

Oh okay, that makes thing make a lot more sense. Thank you everyone. It has reached the 7 finger leaf set, and I think it has become stunted and stopped growing. It also looks like a bud has started (maybe not). I don't want to buy another light, but would if it were bare minimum and midrange inexpensive. What will make the plant start growing again, in terms of a screw in bulb. It grew ferociously up to this point with a:

https://www.feit.com/product/non-dimmable-br30-led-plant-grow-light/

Rian

Rian

Hmm. Okay. I took your advice and decided to wash the root ball and transplanted it into (un-watered) new soil to dry it out. Could it be that simple? What is your take on the vertical hairs?

Rian

Rian

The leaves responded to the new soil and have returned to normal. The first 1 finger set are now yellow though. Is the yellow first set to be expected, what else can anyone suggest in this trial run, houseplant grow? It's totally growing a bud dead top center.

Rian

Rian

I followed everything stated by the community said on this thread. Everything they said was accurate. Thread solved.

Top Bottom