how 2 get gram per watt

• Thread starter trusmoker
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
T

trusmoker

ive been reading about it a lot so just wanted to hear wot real farmers think of the basic setup to get this results
cheers

TheCoolestMan

TheCoolestMan

Premium Member
Supporter
2 g per watt with a 70w bulb or with 12kw? Its not the same thing. Hrm, i wil say check out jack Under Current session or doubled MPB style.

JH420

JH420

I think he meant...how TO get 1 GPW?

I'll say it starts with finding the right strain/pheno...after that it's easy many ways to skin a cat.

H

-hydrofarmer-

I honestly don't think you can tell gram per watt i think the plant will grow how it grows you just help it grow. But i have heard different.

P

paulycali

You want to achieve 1 gram per watt. No problem! 12 plants under a 1000 watt light vegged 1 month will achieve roughly 1 gram per watt . With LST

2 grams per watt can be achieved with practically the same setup just more LST on the plant

150 watt bulb = 150 grams
400 watt bulb = 400 grams
600 watt bulb = 600 grams
1000 watt bulb = 1000 grams

Thats what i have always seemed to achieve. Sometimes below that mark but mostly at it or above it.

It can be done

Good luck man

half baked

half baked

what about if you veg under say 400hps for 10 weeks then switch to a 600hps for 10 weeks flower, does that change the calculation?

peace hb

TheCoolestMan

TheCoolestMan

Premium Member
Supporter
gram per bulb it should be called. Because gram per watt used in the room its whole diferent story...

I

IndicacannaJone

Gram per watt per day is a more telling calculation. Gram per watt can be misleading due to the veg-stage variable.

Giddeon

Giddeon

Gram per watt per day is a more telling calculation. Gram per watt can be misleading due to the veg-stage variable.

Explain this a little more please....
I've gotta be misunderstanding but here are my calculations on how I see that statement.

I use ~8k in lighting I run my plants for 70 days under that much light,

so plugging my numbers in the (GPW)(PER day) formula works out like this

70(1 x 8000)=560,000 grams which is 1250 lbs

If any one can get that off 8k wow I only got 1% of that number (12.5 lbs)

I

IndicacannaJone

Take your gpw, and divide it by the number of days you ran that cycle (veg + bloom). The idea behind this is that by only going by gpw, you're going to get a different gpw if you vegged for 2 months versus your gpw if you vegged for, let's say, 1 week.

Giddeon

Giddeon

OH ok got ya, Guess I multiplied where I should have divided so looks like this G/W/D 5600/8000 which is .7 GPW then divide that by how many days I ran 70, which is .01 GPWPD. Correct?

T

trusmoker

i have found i get just over 1 oz if i veg for 2 week an roughly 2 oz if i veg for 4 week i was just wondering if any1 can relate to this
cheer ts

G

googolplexs

Bc growers say 2 lb per 1000 watt, that equals a little less that 1 gram per watt, but you have to be reaaallistic with strain, time, and what ever else that would matter, how much care, love you put in, if you forget about the cookies in the oven you may burn a few if not all. You must be respondsible, tie alarm clock to head, so you don't forget what ever yu are suppose to remember. Keep a log, not a big one and use soft wood not hard wood will not be as heavy.

jah_hoover

jah_hoover

I think it is important which strain you are growing to get a high yield, i can name a few strains that are low yielding and no matter what set up you have you will get a crap harvest.

I

ibTheMan

ive got over 1300gr per 1000w but that was ah good run of SSH.

Cort

Cort

Im still a noob but I think the answer to your question is simple.

Read, Read, Read, spend time with your girls reviewing what you read. Learn the plants general life cycles and learn to read what the plant is telling you. Too much water? To warm? Not enough food? Maybe she likes to get kinky and be tied up...

Learn the plant so you can make minor corrections and fine tune VS. major corrections to save the grow.

Doing this is how you reach the potential of the strain.

Just the very humble .02 of a noob

PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

Number of days is not part of the equation

In the gram per watt discussion

8000 watts = 8000 grams

His question is obscure, but I think he is asking what kind of setup would he need.
You can have a great set up but if you don't know what you are doing you will probably lose a few grows.

Top Bottom