How are my girls coming along? Only 2nd grow ever.

• Thread starter Irishmick
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
I

Irishmick

Hey all, I hope everybody is doing good.
Quick question here. This is my 2nd grow ever. I have a 4x4x7 tent 600w hps/mh lights.
I’m growing Blackberry kush and I’m in week 9 now and they look like very young bud to me.
I thought the bud would be ready to harvest by now. Am i doing something wrong?
Or do I need to just let them ride a few more weeks?
Here are a few pics so you can see.
Thanks for any help or comments.

How are my girls coming along only 2nd grow ever
How are my girls coming along only 2nd grow ever 2
How are my girls coming along only 2nd grow ever 3
How are my girls coming along only 2nd grow ever 4
How are my girls coming along only 2nd grow ever 5
Kampbe1l

Kampbe1l

i would focus on what it is, rather than focus on where it should be. the guide is that it takes about 9 weeks of flowering to be ready to harvest - to me, it looks like you got at least 4 more weeks. let it be, give it as best conditions as you can (and have done so) - grow it out.

i read this blackberry strain gains 25% of its weight in the last couple of weeks of flowering. i noticed some guides recommends topping, while others state not to do so - and guides recommending SoG with this strain. in your case, it looks like it was let go to do its natural thing - straight upright single colas. these buds should turn a dark purple as they reach maturity

how do they smell?

interested in your post, as I have some blackberry kush seeds...

I

Irishmick

I am new so please forgive my ignorance on this but when “a guide” says 9weeks ready to harvest,, i thought that meant from seed to 9 weeks...
my girls have been in flower for 3 weeks now. I get it mixed up and still not sure what they mean.
Do i need to flower them for 6 more weeks for a total of 9weeks of flowering?
They are starting to smell really good. And getting stronger by the day.
Thanks again for any help.

I

Irishmick

i would focus on what it is, rather than focus on where it should be. the guide is that it takes about 9 weeks of flowering to be ready to harvest - to me, it looks like you got at least 4 more weeks. let it be, give it as best conditions as you can (and have done so) - grow it out.

i read this blackberry strain gains 25% of its weight in the last couple of weeks of flowering. i noticed some guides recommends topping, while others state not to do so - and guides recommending SoG with this strain. in your case, it looks like it was let go to do its natural thing - straight upright single colas. these buds should turn a dark purple as they reach maturity

how do they smell?

interested in your post, as I have some blackberry kush seeds...
We did top two of them to experiment but other than that we just let them go and do their thing.
The smell is getting pretty strong and dank. The pics dont do them justice to be honest.
There is a ton of bud in there. Thanks for the info.I’ll definitely keep posting pics and progress on them.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I am new so please forgive my ignorance on this but when “a guide” says 9weeks ready to harvest,, i thought that meant from seed to 9 weeks...
my girls have been in flower for 3 weeks now. I get it mixed up and still not sure what they mean.
Do i need to flower them for 6 more weeks for a total of 9weeks of flowering?
They are starting to smell really good. And getting stronger by the day.
Thanks again for any help.

You are right on track for week 3 in flower. But dont expect them to be done right at 9 weeks. That is a breeder estimate. I find most plants take longer to finish.

I

Irishmick

You are right on track for week 3 in flower. But dont expect them to be done right at 9 weeks. That is a breeder estimate. I find most plants take longer to finish.
So in your opnion how much longer do ya think i have to flower them? Im not in any hurry at all. Id much rather have good quality bud than anything cut too soon. Im just kinda of curious to how much longer i have.

The Jewels

The Jewels

Ahhh, got 'ya. Very nice @ 3 weeks.
Everyone vegs for different lengths if time, if folks are chatting about 'weeks' or 'flip' it most often applies to first day since 12/12,,, you will encouner those odd ducks that start counting 'weeks' from the appearance of budsets.
Those beautiful young ladies will look like horsedrug hags in another six or seven weeks.
I still remember lamenting the fade on my first grow.
You are right- there is a lot of bud there. The next few weeks they will be body building like the crazy. Now is the time to push, ,,if you were trying to blow these up. My 80 day of flowering harvest was pretty much near final size by seven weeks of flower.

Knowing you have a longer to finish strain ,,, I made the mistake of following an 8 week feeding regimine that started tapering off to early. I was ignorant that it could take longer. I was growing mystery seed. My plants were fading off by week six. They looked like fat bud and warm death by the 11 week.
On my next go around I just kept repeating week 6 dosage until I saw red hair up top and yellow fade down below. I wasn't going to back off early this time. I still wonder if they didnt plump up to there full potential.

Kampbe1l

Kampbe1l

yeah, approximation of that flowering period - obviously, even if it's the same genetics (same seed stock or clones), the growing depends on those environmental factors which is going to be unique for all growers.

it looks good for 3 weeks into flowering! I did state maybe 4 more weeks earlier - but now, I think its more that 6+ weeks.

PATIENCE is a virtue - give it as much love as you can, and let it fill out. This strain fattens its buds over the last weeks of flowering, so let it do its thing. You're on track for a nice harvest. I reckon you're just getting into the best part of a grow - when the buds are forming into the final harvest.

when the trichomes and the pistils colours, it's closer to harvest. the pistils of the buds are still white & pointy - let those signs be indicators of how close you are to harvest. also, for this blackberry kush to live up to its name, it's buds are mix of green, purple, yellow and black hues - colours which appears and gets stronger as the plants mature closer to its harvest window.

good effort so far....

Last edited:
I

Irishmick

Good lord these buds are getting bigger by the day. I cant believe how quick they are growing.
I cant wait to see how big they are iin 4-6 weeks.
I’ll post pics every few days to show y’all the size they are getting.

Edinburgh

Edinburgh

Excess heat turned a great grow into bowls of popcorn bud now I use an airconditoner, could it be possible you had some high temps, mh & hps are notorious for throwing off allot of heat, in my humble opinion your suffering from heat stress, don't worry it should not affect the quality of the smoke just your yield, I have the same size tent but a 600w led and I still need the ac on, you would be surprised at how much heat can build up in a tent expesily useing mh.

I

Irishmick

I keep a humidity and temp gauge in the tent with my girls. The highest ive seen the temt get is 79 and the lowest is 70. I have a dehumidifier in the room to regulate it as well. I hope my temps are good tho.
The normal temp for the tent during the day is right around 74-75.

Edinburgh

Edinburgh

I have a temp gage in my tent, right now it's 90f outside, probably a 100f inside, with my ac on my temp is 75f and my rel hum is 40, I try to keep the temperature between 75f & 80f, that's your sweet spot.

I

Irishmick

Ok i’ve got so e new pics here. The girls are much bigger than I would have thought. They are almost 6 weeks into flower. Some of the leaves are turning yellow, and I’m not sure if it’s nute burn, light burn or just the bud pulling all of the last bits outta the leaves. See what y’all think and let me know if i need to change anything.
Thanks.

17650D02 0B95 4EBB 9609 8B9E878B45B6
C09B8EE6 8ACA 4174 8BEE BE92EEC76161
D7C43DDF E193 4D74 96B7 8C677D0DEE2D
44C12416 E667 4C6E 93AF E1266A24E4B0
Top Bottom