How are people running such intense ppfd?!!

• Thread starter Loopusmagpie2u
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I actually added a 250w led to the tent.

Im going to run the evo, which is good genetics supposedly, and ill have my rh as low as possible. So this will eliminate vpd issues and genetic issues. So if by then im still having the same issue, ill turn the lights down. But atm, its a last resort.

Im just waiting for 1000w leds to come down in price. My issues have never been heat until the dehu ran 24/7 which the 12000btu window unit couldnt even keep up.

My issue is either genetics, vpd or. . orrr. . my massive bloom booster. I will run a grow without it before i turn the lights down lol. .

Again im not against the quality of light, just the upfront cost. Ill run one one day im sure, just not as big of a deal. Ive gotten pounds of a 200 dollar light, i wouldnt have if i spent 200 on an led.

Again one day sure. . but atm. . i am testing to see how much light can be absorbed without burning it, and its wayyy more that what im seeing with the average led user.
Photon is a photon the only difference is efficiency which LED is superior and spectral ratios which is still not settled as what is the most optimal and personal i think that changes based on our wants

Cashmeh

Cashmeh

Have you hit 2lbs in a 4 x 4 yet?
no, but im confident I should get it out of my next grow lol? I always say my next grow, and then it ends up fucked. Like right now, my solo sour diesel is fucked. I mean dont get me wrong, it will take me 8hrs to trim the pound it will get me, and its fire, from what ive been told, its superior to all dispensary, in regards to smell and taste. Im thinking my shit is terpy as hell or something, anyways. . . Im averaging around a pound per 4x4. I transplant in there, and the fill the entire room in 4 weeks, then all goes to shit lol. . I always think the buds are gonna look great, and then they just start foxtailing and showing signs of revegging. . idk Like idk if im even gonna show yall its that fucking ugly right now. Ill prolly update my post with some good videos and perhaps get some more input. . atm, im stuck in this groove that makes me do whatever I feel is correct. . .and ive had the same bad results for going on a year now.
Ironically my grows are becoming worse and worse, in regards to looks, not quality if that makes sense.
Update, I bet I should turn the lights down at week 4, simulate fall right? . . I could get more if I partial harvested and let it fill back up, I did that in my 4x8 and it worked better than just hacking the whole thing. Idk im learning, but im confident im on the right track? *hits bowl and tackles a 4x4

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

no, but im confident I should get it out of my next grow lol? I always say my next grow, and then it ends up fucked. Like right now, my solo sour diesel is fucked. I mean dont get me wrong, it will take me 8hrs to trim the pound it will get me, and its fire, from what ive been told, its superior to all dispensary, in regards to smell and taste. Im thinking my shit is terpy as hell or something, anyways. . . Im averaging around a pound per 4x4. I transplant in there, and the fill the entire room in 4 weeks, then all goes to shit lol. . I always think the buds are gonna look great, and then they just start foxtailing and showing signs of revegging. . idk Like idk if im even gonna show yall its that fucking ugly right now. Ill prolly update my post with some good videos and perhaps get some more input. . atm, im stuck in this groove that makes me do whatever I feel is correct. . .and ive had the same bad results for going on a year now.
Ironically my grows are becoming worse and worse, in regards to looks, not quality if that makes sense.
Absolutely does… some stresses are beneficial to our goals. Thats the whole premise behind crop steering

growsince79

growsince79

Update, I bet I should turn the lights down at week 4, simulate fall right? . . I could get more if I partial harvested and let it fill back up, I did that in my 4x8 and it worked better than just hacking the whole thing. Idk im learning, but im confident im on the right track? *hits bowl and tackles a 4x4
Done there and been that. gl most important thing I found with hps is have the right clone and scrog or sog and 2lb is possible. I can say with 100% certainty - if you don't hit 2lb in 4 x 4 with 1000w hps, more light won't help.

Cashmeh

Cashmeh

Done there and been that. gl most important thing I found with hps is have the right clone and scrog or sog and 2lb is possible. I can say with 100% certainty - if you don't hit 2lb in 4 x 4 with 1000w hps, more light won't help.
Point taken. Ill keep them at 1000w for now, and if I ever get it dialed in to the 2lb mark, all big beautiful buds, then I guess ill add that other 250w in there. I actually wanted to fire my 2x4 veg tent back up and run the mimosa at the reg 1000w, and I just might. Ill think on it

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

I have done 4+ pounds out of a 4x8 under a 1000 and two 600s multiple times. I was never limited by Ppfd. Only by plants growing into the lights and burning or fox tailing. In the led tent I get bleaching when I try to get bigger plants and more than 4 pounds. When I push the limits.

I agree with @growsince79 on everything he is saying including that HPS is good in the winter. They do have a niche.

I think I will duplicate that with my next grow under led. I’ll document that here. Cool stuff coming.

Hey cash I give you credit for keeping on and having an open mind. On my drive home my dash said 101*F. Definitely not HPS weather here my dude. You switch to led and your ac dehuy and electric meter will breathe a sigh of relief. Your plants will be happier too because of the tighter environment control.

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

Photon is a photon the only difference is efficiency which LED is superior and spectral ratios which is still not settled as what is the most optimal and personal i think that changes based on our wants
I think the science of spectrum is still evolving. I can say with 100% certainty that spectrum effects cannabinoid content. The exact recipe to maximize is still tbd in my mind. You got a recent study on optimum spectrum for cannabis?

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I think the science of spectrum is still evolving. I can say with 100% certainty that spectrum effects cannabinoid content. The exact recipe to maximize is still tbd in my mind. You got a recent study on optimum spectrum for cannabis?
Nope just data left to interpret and apply as you see fit… pretty much the same info you have.

Veg with over 10% green with a blue leaning spectrum of 4-5000k, flower with over 10% green with a red leaning spectrum of 2500-3500k, and after about week 4-5 cut green below 5% and go more blurple. Then last week or 2 heavy blue leaning and as little green as possible.

Thats where my minds at but not a single shred of evidence to confirm any of that

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

Nope just data left to interpret and apply as you see fit… pretty much the same info you have.

Veg with over 10% green with a blue leaning spectrum of 4-5000k, flower with over 10% green with a red leaning spectrum of 2500-3500k, and after about week 4-5 cut green below 5% and go more blurple. Then last week or 2 heavy blue leaning and as little green as possible.

Thats where my minds at but not a single shred of evidence to confirm any of that
That is precisely my plan. Get out of my head!!!!

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

Here’s some of the tools I have

AD4A2C15 8F62 415B B74F 03235B917298

21E253FD C840 45BB 846E DE091EF0C385

So I can run timers out the wazoo and even change spectrum thought the day. Think far red and uva. Or sunrise sunset. Lots to figure out.

Cashmeh

Cashmeh

So heres what it looks like. I do want to also say that ive ran this strain in 3 different grow designs, all with 1000w hid. Started at 4ft and went to 2ft. The shit looks the same through all phenos. Its like they dont know how to dense up.

I have ran one strain before that still blows my mind. Im going to try it again in the next few months. Its vegging now. .

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

So heres what it looks like. I do want to also say that ive ran this strain in 3 different grow designs, all with 1000w hid. Started at 4ft and went to 2ft. The shit looks the same through all phenos. Its like they dont know how to dense up.

I have ran one strain before that still blows my mind. Im going to try it again in the next few months. Its vegging now. .
I’ve had similar results under HPS. LED seems to make buds denser. I think it is all the infrared. Genetics too of course.

Top Bottom