How bad is it to harvest at only 6 weeks?

• Thread starter Buckcannon
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

Buckcannon

Well guys, I am kind of screwed. I had a last second trip come up where I am going overseas for a month..problem is I am leaving before my crops are done growing.

I am growing some Fire OG and everything I read said they flower from 7-8 weeks....however I am leaving for my trip at 6 and a half weeks. I will be gone for a month and I cant do it when I come back because there will be no one there to take care of them(change water, add nutriets, balance PH, control enviorment..etc), so I guess I will be cutting at 6 weeks.

Can someone tell me how bad this is? Do I get a lot less yeild? Potency will be weak?

woodsmaneh

woodsmaneh

well not the best but you have no choice so chop away, at best it will get you high at worse it will give you a headache. Tri-chromes will all be clear so should be a nice up high. You lose on all fronts when harvest is done early.

sky high

sky high

Elaborate more on your set up. What size pots....what medium....light...etc?

UNITEDGROOVES

UNITEDGROOVES

Woodsmaneh is right on point.. it will be premature buds that will barley get you high and wont taste the best... If you have the Real Fire OG clone its best at 10 weeks... So 6 is very early for an OG... Probably better to make some concentrates or budder...

Good luck!

B

Buckcannon

Ebb and Flow..under 2k watts of light..in a tent(forgot what exact size but it beraly all fits in there...and damn....

sky high

sky high

That's a bummer. Few, if any options there. What week are you at now?

sky high

sky high

Too bad you don't have a trusted sitter. Real tough with hydro. If they were in soil you might be able to figure out something/someway to automate them over the period.

good luck

B

Buckcannon

For future references..how long should you flower for? I am still new to all this and all the sites I read all say 7-8 weeks

Bannacis

Bannacis

:writing: Here's what you can try... Blast them With max light, with light period 12 off. 16 hours on.
normal temps, high humidity. good fresh air flow.
At 4 to 41/2 weeks stop feeding and do flush. cool water. start lowering temps, water and air (5-10)degrees.
At week 5 start flushing with COLD water and with ebb and flow that's perfect. I've read that hydro can be faster at finishing with certain strains.
Also LOWER your room temps. if you are able to lower with lights on too, would help.
You want a cool cool fall type weather.
You got to remember your dry and cure time, unless you have a trusted friend to finish, your not going to have time.
The object here is to ripen them sooner, the dry and cure is another bag of beans.
Good luck.. :woot:

Top Bottom