How badly should I want frost?

• Thread starter Dunge
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Dunge

Dunge

We are talking trichomes here.
For my old eyes, they are microscopic organelles on tissue surface comprised of a thin stalk and a bulb ending.
The clarity of this bulb being commonly uses as a predictor of harvest readiness.

My question is: trichome presence vs cannabinol content.

I like trichomes because they make the plant even more beautiful.
I understand that ice water hash strives to purify to trichome only content.

But how much desirable product goes un-recovered.

Anybody ever done a butane extraction on spent veg after an ice water separation?

I ask, because I have several test seeds in flower at present.
Some of them are of such poor structure that I don't know how to properly grow them.

Should low frost in flower be a culling level flaw?

J

Jalisco Kid

I have burned some sats that were not that frosty that bend my rod. I never ran some thru for oil but I have tried bud from bag runs and the high was really lacking,flavor completely sucked. I would say if it was a good product when you started you would get your moneys worth running a can through some. JK

Dunge

Dunge

I have burned some sats that were not that frosty that bend my rod.

This is exactly what I'm thinking about JK.
If it's THC we are growing, I'd like to know what its distribution is within plant tissues.
I also started testing my first Neville's Haze.
Results are complicated by results.
Very few trichomes but the high puts me in a place that OGs can't touch.
Might large trichome expression be the result of selection for hash production?

BrianDirt

BrianDirt

I read that the plants that make longer than normal stawk that the trich heads attach to make it easyer to make hash. Some plants trichs are more potent then others and some plants only pack on the trich count at the last weeks to harvest. This site has some great reads, just look at the sticky treads.

Bannacis

Bannacis

there is more than just THC trichomes and not all of them have the long stalks. some are just the bulbous round top, sitting on the surface. they have the thc, cbd, cbn, and others including turpines and flavonoids. plus outdoor (mostly found) grown pot can have Cystolic hairs that secrete unknown compounds. ( from skunk mag) I have a great picture of one and it has a clearish jell around it. So that's a good question, what are you missing when using different extraction methods?
See photos:

Cystolic hair 001

Cystolic hair o2

Top Bottom