How big does male need to be to pollinate

• Thread starter Joshdiamond84
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Joshdiamond84

Joshdiamond84

I have 3 female plants, and am interested in trying to use one of my males to pollinate just one of the females. How big does the male need to be to pollinate. And once the female is pollinated do I need to grow it separately from the remaining 2 females

Joshdiamond84

Joshdiamond84

I have 3 female plants, and am interested in trying to use one of my males to pollinate just one of the females. How big does the male need to be to pollinate. And once the female is pollinated do I need to grow it separately from the remaining 2 females
The male plant is very strong, and has grown with very little effort, I dont use any plant foods at all just water.

Reactions: Ina
bellumromanum

bellumromanum

I think average is less than 6" and they all get it done just fine. I wouldn't know.

#BDE

growsince79

growsince79

My last male shot it wad two weeks after flipping light.
It was about a 16". Two days after pollination you can spray water to kill unused pollen. All the girls can stay together. Seeds will be ripe in about five weeks.

Joshdiamond84

Joshdiamond84

It was about a 16". Two days after pollination you can spray water to kill unused pollen. All the girls can stay together. Seeds will be ripe in about five weeks.
This is how he looks now. And looks like on the 2nd pic one opened up already

20200709 112511
Reactions: Ina
growsince79

growsince79

Keep it away from girls or you get too many seeds. Collect pollen in another room. Use tiny paint brush to pollinate select buds. Tie a string to the branch so you can easily find the seeds.

Joshdiamond84

Joshdiamond84

Keep it away from girls or you get too many seeds. Collect pollen in another room. Use tint paint brush to pollinate select buds. Tie a string to the branch so you can easily find the seeds.
Oh, so I can pollinate just part if the plant?
And my male is outside, girls safe in the house.

Joshdiamond84

Joshdiamond84

Keep it away from girls or you get too many seeds. Collect pollen in another room. Use tiny paint brush to pollinate select buds. Tie a string to the branch so you can easily find the seeds.
And my females aren't that far along yet, I just started seeing those wispy pistils a few days ago.

growsince79

growsince79

How much longer before I can collect the pollin sacks though? I dont wanna take premature
Usually after the first one pops, their will be alot open in just a few days. You can cut off a branch and put it in a vase with something under to collect pollen. Store in envelope inside a jar of rice and freeze it. I promise it works. Not sure how long it will last. My last batch the pollen had been frozen 4months.

Top Bottom