How big is the danger of fires when growing?

• Thread starter irishboiii
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
irishboiii

irishboiii

This will probably be the thing that would worry me the most when I start my grow, as Id be on edge every time Im away from the house lol.

How big is the risk of fire when growing?

Il be using 600w MH/HPS and DWC in either a DIY tent or a tent from a grow shop.

Im hoping someone can put my mind at ease so that I wont be worrying about it if I have to stay away for a night or something.

organicozarks

organicozarks

How dangerous is it to use a portable space heater?

How dangerous is it to use a toaster?

How dangerous is it to use a hair dryer?

As long as you are not a dumb ass you will be fine. :)

Just don't stick a knife in the toaster when it is on. :)

sixstring

sixstring

make sure you have a good fire extinguisher;)
Ad 3 chop 019

N

noone88

Follow the electricity from the panel to the bulb. Anywhere along the path is danger for fire.

Bad/low quality circuit breaker? There's a risk. If you ghetto-run romex to your lighting controller/timer or you use extension cords (braided), then there's risk if any of the cords get caught, snagged, pinched, burned, etc. Ballasts usually don't fail, but when they do, the caps will go "pop" and smoke will come out while still pulling power. That's why you need a good circuit breaker. From the ballast to the reflector/socket: same risks as running romex or extension cords. And finally, the bulb. Bulbs can, will, and have exploded. Use good quality bulbs: my ushios and horitluxes have never exploded on me (I have used over 100+). However, I have had bad experiences with Digilux and Plantmax. If a bulb explodes or fails, it will either cause an electricity arc, or the bulb will not fire which causes the caps in the ballasts to pop, which will cause the breaker to go off.

In other words, you can save money on nutrients, tables, RO versus regular tap water, whatever. However, I never try to save money on your subpanel and all the wiring. I get all my wiring done up to code.

Top Bottom