How Big Is Too Big?

• Thread starter Smerb
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Smerb

Smerb

How big is too big
This lower branch is at least a foot long.... Anyone cut clones this big? Why not? More information will be best, I would rather save the huge branch than just cut it off. It's the lowest branch. Lolipop while saving the loli.

soserthc1

soserthc1

I used to try to take clones from the bottom to preserve the top colas

Then after rethinking everything I started cloning healthy tops at a good 12/14 inches. My thinking is to get the best possible performance out of a plant. I want it at optimal health at all times.
So I would do that with the top of that stem or cut it and work from a healthier top

Smerb

Smerb

I used to try to take clones from the bottom to preserve the top colas

Then after rethinking everything I started cloning healthy tops at a good 12/14 inches. My thinking is to get the best possible performance out of a plant. I want it at optimal health at all times.
So I would do that with the top of that stem or cut it and work from a healthier top
I am used to just cutting about 8 inches down the branch. Then eventually snipping branch later, a lot of times I'll get 2 clones about 3 weeks later.... than snip. But I want that branch.....

str8smokn

str8smokn

What's up my friend?
Interesting question here, I wouldn't see why you couldn't clone it. She will just take a little longer to get them roots I would think.
STR8

rmoltis

rmoltis

The Beast Slayer
Supporter
Either clone the branch or get rid of it it
should be taken off it will only be scraggly crap later
Hb

I agree that beach is too tall, skinny and internodal distance is high.

If it were me I would trim it into multiple smaller clones. Or I would just make 1 good one off the top And compost the rest.

I like to let my clone grow to 6-7 nodes before I start the topping process. This allows the lowest nodes growth tips time to start forming.

I like a clone with the first couple nodes as close to the dirt as possible.
I like to be able to start my plants as low to the ground as I can start. This way as I train my manifold it can remain low. Which gains me "extra" vertical grow height.

The things you want from veg time:
  • Rootball growth
  • Wide even canopy.
  • Multiple tops
  • Trunk/branch/stem thickening (vascular system)
  • Increased vegetation & potential growth tips/flower site's.
  • Time for adaptation to your environment relative it's current state of existance
  • And the goal is to get all this in a nice short bush so that it can have room to stretch during flower.

Growing even a clone like what you are theorizing would actually put you behind before you had even begun.

NightsWatch

NightsWatch

You want to clone the soft tissue of the stem not a branch plain n simple smaller cuttings will in fact root faster.
Your surely not going to get any speed from taking a bigger cutting

Smerb

Smerb

Does anyone here scrape the Hurd? Before water or after water scrape? Opinion from anyone one of y'all farmers is good,thanks. I usually cut set in water scrape dip set in disc....

tinderthumbs

tinderthumbs

I cut then split then scrap every thing that will touch the powder I like it to look like lil strings hanging off then in to a rappid rooter

side note
read a lot where they say u want to have 1 or 2 nods on the bottom of your clones but I have found dont matter its going to grow roots so might as well save them nods and turn them in to the next step of clones

Latest posts

Top Bottom