How big is your basement?

• Thread starter legaleyes13
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
legaleyes13

legaleyes13

I ask because I'm gonna be in the market for a new place soon (hopefully), and the thing that I absolutely don't wanna skimp on is a large basement. Ideally I'll find a place with a 30'x40' basement, and just wanted to know whether a basement that size is super rare or whatever...

Thanks in advance.

Stalks

Stalks

That is a pretty small house seeing as it would only be 1200 sq ft most homes in my area don't have a basement until around 2000 sq ft. I don't know what area yo are in as that determines a lot but you shouldn't have that big of a problem mine is 65x35

legaleyes13

legaleyes13

That is a pretty small house seeing as it would only be 1200 sq ft most homes in my area don't have a basement until around 2000 sq ft. I don't know what area yo are in as that determines a lot but you shouldn't have that big of a problem mine is 65x35

Damn... Sweet. Thanks for the response.

Another thing I forgot to mention, was that it would need to be usable space of course. Not some weird shaped area with the water heater in the worst possible spot and etc. Basically a perfect rectangle.

Stalks

Stalks

I'm sure you'll have to deal with something like that but mine is split into 20x35 and 40x35 with stairs and utility room in the middle with neither devoted to growing might I add :(

budm

budm

Mine is roughly 40x40. It's setup with 3 garage doors on one side of the downslope and will fit 5 cars in easily. We just bought this place a couple months back and I'm still planning my "garden". The house above it is 2 stories & approx 3,000 sq ft.

legaleyes13

legaleyes13

Mine is roughly 40x40. It's setup with 3 garage doors on one side of the downslope and will fit 5 cars in easily. We just bought this place a couple months back and I'm still planning my "garden". The house above it is 2 stories & approx 3,000 sq ft.

Damn... That's my dream.

FlyinJStable

FlyinJStable

new place has three separate rooms already framed without sheet rock I made out well
If you can try and find a semi or unfinished if your handy with a nail gun.. Just my 2c
good luck 13
FlyJ

HouseOfWojo

HouseOfWojo

Make sure you have at least a 10 ft high ceiling to hang your lights etc.... That way you can grow some beasts indoors. IMO .......:D
THIS!!! Trust me, standard 8 foot ceilings will just end up pissing you off in the long run. Many basements that are built with finished rooms in mind are built at 10 foot so that with all ducting and ceiling work above, the room still feels like a normal room and not a short basement room.
As for size though, you shouldn't have any troubles depending on what area you are looking, good luck!

Top Bottom