How big of a dehumidifier do I need?

• Thread starter Kopper1013
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
K

Kopper1013

Hey guys, I’m getting close to my first ever harvest.

I have two lovely ladies who should be ready in a week or less. They are BIG outdoor girls.

For Father’s Day my wife got me a 5x5x80 tent I’m thinking of using to dry, how big of a dehumidifier do I need?
Draining isn’t an issue as I’ll pipe the drain to my sump pump.

Also how much flower can I put in this tent to dry? I’m afraid I’m gonna lose most my crop by not having a drying strategy in place and so much product ready

beluga

beluga

Unless the room containing your tent is above 65% rh, you shouldn't need anything more than fans and hygrometer to keep the levels right inside the drying tent.
If it is >65%, I would condition that air instead of the tent.

IhatePM

IhatePM

5x5 is maybe 2 units with lateral trellis floor to ceiling. 50 pint will do

Goodshit97

Goodshit97

Hey guys, I’m getting close to my first ever harvest.

I have two lovely ladies who should be ready in a week or less. They are BIG outdoor girls.

For Father’s Day my wife got me a 5x5x80 tent I’m thinking of using to dry, how big of a dehumidifier do I need?
Draining isn’t an issue as I’ll pipe the drain to my sump pump.

Also how much flower can I put in this tent to dry? I’m afraid I’m gonna lose most my crop by not having a drying strategy in place and so much product ready
I run with a 30 pint dehumidifier in my room, not the tent, too much heat, it works great, fills a 5 gallon bucket in 1.5 days. You shouldn't have any issues getting your harvest into a 5x5.

K

Kopper1013

Unless the room containing your tent is above 65% rh, you shouldn't need anything more than fans and hygrometer to keep the levels right inside the drying tent.
So my basement is bouncing between 67-68% I’m looking at a 35 gallon 2 speed from lowes that’s rated for up to 3000sq my basement is only 1500.

I don’t have an intake/exhaust system yet for my tent only the tent, I’m guessing that’ll be a problem if I’m only conditioning the outside side air?

K

Kopper1013

5x5 is maybe 2 units with lateral trellis floor to ceiling. 50 pint will do
How would you hang on this?

I run with a 30 pint dehumidifier in my room, not the tent, too much heat, it works great, fills a 5 gallon bucket in 1.5 days. You shouldn't have any issues getting your harvest into a 5x5.
What would be your chosen hanging method?

Perrin6363

Perrin6363

I was also thinking this. What helped me the most was having an ac infinity controller to keep the tent at 60-65% while drying. Like he said as long as the room the tent is in is below 65% you exhaust fan is going to circulate that air into your tent. Ikept my room around 50%. A dehu is going to blow warm air all around your tent and you don't want that warm air hitting those buds. It'll prob crisp them up pretty quickly.

Goodshit97

Goodshit97

How would you hang on this?

What would be your chosen hanging method?

I run hemp rope across my tent from the high cfm poles and then across the top and hang branches. Im not a whole plant kinda guy. I think it takes up more room that way.

K

Kopper1013

If I can get my whole basement or garage down to 60% or lower can I just hang without the tent? My garage will warm during the day (maybe 65-70) but be cool at night (lower 50’s) my basement stays right around 65

2Bad

2Bad

If I can get my whole basement or garage down to 60% or lower can I just hang without the tent? My garage will warm during the day (maybe 65-70) but be cool at night (lower 50’s) my basement stays right around 65
Yessir get a couple cheap cloth racks from walmart or target tent isn't needed.

beluga

beluga

You could. It'll stink up your house to high heavens though. Keeping it in a tent gives you an easier way to filter that stink out of the air and makes it easier to control the climate. But if everyone in your house is cool with that for 1-2 weeks, you should be good. I wish I had that option.

K

Kopper1013

I just don’t have the exhaust system yet for the tent, thought I’d just put the dehumidifier in it but that sounds like a bad idea know 🤦🏻‍♂️

I did buy one today and am testing it out in my shed to see if that’s an option also, I ended up with a 50L rated for 4500sqft so hopefully that’ll be good for anywhere, wife like the idea of the garage so I’m gonna test a window unit plus the dehumidifier in there and see what we can do…..

Electric bill gonna be high this month 🤣🤣

Latest posts

Top Bottom